Anyone starting on the 25th March?

Options

Replies

• Thereupon
    Thereupon Posts: 52
    Options
    Just returned home from a very long, very stressful day. Thought I'd be home many hours ago but was called into work after uni. Nearly 3am and I've been SO good with my calories... so I'm about to do my final round of workout 2! Call me crazy but I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I let myself slip so early! Off I go... (Edit: must try to be stealthy as not to wake the neighbourhood...)
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    I am one day away from finishing week 2. I am so excited for the next dvd's, I watched a little bit of them and they looked fun. So far I have lost about 4 lbs which is awesome because I haven't really been watching what I eat. I still eat the things I like but in moderation. My goal was originally to loose 5 lbs by the time I saw my boyfriend again (Next weekend) but if I work a little harder and eat better I may be able to surpass that! He will be surprised.
  • Thereupon
    Options
    Two weeks down. 11 to go! I realised when I did workout 2 for the final time yesterday that I've improved *already*! I could barely manage the "supermans" at the beginning (disregarding the discomfort they cause to my boy bits - enough said) but now I can go for the full amount of the time without my arms and legs touching the ground! Very encouraging. Bring on week 3! Hope everyone else is going well!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of phase one too, although I do the cardio on the off day as well. I'm toying with the idea of repeating one and two with heavier weights and the harder modifications so I can extend the program beyond 90 days. Haven't decided for sure yet though.

I'm so glad I chose Jillian instead for Firm Express. I really like her style and the overall style of the videos. I think I'm going to get a heart rate monitor this week to give me an accurate idea of what I'm burning.
  • yaybazinga
    Options
    my lower body is doing fine but I feel a bit sore in my shoulders and upper back, so the thought of rest day tomorrow motivated me through cardio 1 today ;) I'm excited and a bit anxious for the new workouts next week! Mostly just for the cardio parts bc of me knee, but I'll just have to modify any moves that involve lots of jumping and/or plyo...
  • Thereupon
    Options
    Sheesh. Oh dear. Oh my. Just finished workout 3 for the first time... I hadn't had to modify any moves yet (I was actually doing many of the advanced ones in workouts 1 and 2) but boy, how quickly that changed today! Downward dogs! Are they even physically possible? I don't understand! My hips and back are just not anywhere near that flexible! The guys and girls in the video were folding themselves into nice triangular shapes and I looked like an oblong going through an identity crisis.

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts on workout 3 when you get to it, I hope I'm not alone in thinking this was a big step up from the previous two! *deep breath*

(I did end in hysterics though; Jillian falling to a heap and saying "I felt that...")
  • Thereupon
    Options
    (Whoops, accidental double post)
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I really, really enjoyed workout 3! I am feeling sore afterwards.

I have done most of those moves during other of Jillian's workouts. Camels and trees are new to me and I loved them! I wonder why they are called camels? That last circuit is killer with the trees and plank ups. I wonder what tomorrow has in store with workout 4?

It's exciting to move onto another workout. Nothing is going to be boring about this...well, with the exception of cardio, but it maybe a blessing in disguise. :)
  • yaybazinga
    Options
    I did a lot of yoga this winter and that definitely helped! downward dogs, crescent and tree pose actually felt easier than in yoga class bc I was wearing shoes whereas in yoga you're barefoot which makes balancing a lot harder.

I was very surprised that I managed 4 regular push-ups! o.o however, those last planks to lower arms, back up to plank killed me haha! can't wait for workout 4 :)
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I decided to repeat 1 and 2 this week with heavier weights and the harder modifications to stretch things out, as I want to go longer than 90 days. At first it was feeling easier until the overhead weight moves. I can sure feel it now! I want to get better at plank to prepare me for downward dog, as that's my downfall. I'm loving this program and hoping Jillian might come out with a sequel, as I want it to be my regular maintenance program. I love doing that quick half hour as soon as I wake up.

Anyone feeling and seeing differences? I have a pair of pants I'm using as a gauge, and I can actually zip them now.
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys!!! Well today I will start workout 3 when I get home from work, so excited!!! I picked Monday mornings as my weigh in day...I started the program at 177lbs and today I weighed 173lbs!!!! can't wait for the end of phase 1 to take my measurements and after pics :D Plus my initial goal was a 1lb a week for this program...might up it after phase 1.
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! It's awesome to hear of your progress! :)
    My jeans are a little loose on me, too. I took measurements before starting and will again at the end of each phase.
    Keep up the great work!
  • yaybazinga
    Options
    o em geee, some of the moves in workout 4 are hard!

I hate the move that makes you raise your hands above your head and then drop one knee to the ground, put the other knee to the ground and then push up with the other leg again :( my right knee doesn't like it even though I'm already using a cushion, I dunno how else to modify that move!
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree that move is very hard! There are several exercises in both 3 and 4 that I have trouble with. I am going to do 3&4 an extra week to try to get stronger.
  • yaybazinga
    Options
    o em geee, some of the moves in workout 4 are hard!

I hate the move that makes you raise your hands above your head and then drop one knee to the ground, put the other knee to the ground and then push up with the other leg again :( my right knee doesn't like it even though I'm already using a cushion, I dunno how else to modify that move!

I feel silly quoting myself, but concerning my last post: I found a video on yt in which Jillian recommends replacing the move I described with forward lunges as you use the same muscles. Just wanted to share that in case someone else is struggling with that particular move :)
  • Thereupon
    Options
    Did workout 3 again today. MAN. Downward dogs... I just... I... I... *falls to the floor* Especially that set when she forgets to tell you to change hands. I totally forgot and thought I was going to die! I'm way too inflexible in my calves/hips to be able to have my heels on the ground and bend properly, so I have to cheat a little bit.

Strangely though, I find "trees" to be the easiest part of the workout - I don't have any trouble at all and I can get my foot all the way to the top of my opposite thigh without using my hands... Odd how you can be so flexible in one area, but completely useless in another!
  • yaybazinga
    Options
    how was/is everyone's third week? some of the rowing moves of workout 4 felt really hard for me today, bc I was using my heavier weights (3kg / 6.6 lbs).

I like workouts 3 and 4, they're definitely more challenging than 1 and 2! today I also went to a power yoga class in the afternoon which was harder than anticipated and now I'm really glad that tomorrow is "just" cardio day!
  • amd429
    amd429 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow, March 24th. Committing to the Kickstart Meal Plan is what I am scared of. I only like a few of the recipes and eating the same thing twice in one week is like torture to this foodie. But I have heard great results when using her meal plans so I am going to stay on track as much as possible.

Would love as much motivation as possible. Feel free to add me a friend!

R u stil doing it? I'm starting Monday April 22. Maybe sooner if it comes in the mail sooner. Would love to know how it's going for you since you are almost 1 month in....
  • Thereupon
    Options
    First and foremost: I can't believe I've survived three weeks of this! It's getting to a point where I don't even question "whether" I'm going to do a workout every day. It's just about working out "when". I realised this today when I got home from work, hadn't done my cardio, watched a bit of TV and sat there fidgeting until I went and got it done! I was like "Oh no! Am I now one of *those* people?!"

Second: I can't believe I'm halfway through workouts three and four already - and nearing the end of my first month! It almost seems like it's going TOO quickly. I'm quite nervous about what phase 2 has in store, because I can't imagine that I'll have all of the moves from 3 and 4 perfected by the end of the coming week... I'm considering perhaps repeating it for another week? Or do you think I'd see "better" results if I just tried to push through to phase 2, and then I could drop back if it was all WAY out of reach? Decisions, decisions!
  • yaybazinga
    Options
    First and foremost: I can't believe I've survived three weeks of this! It's getting to a point where I don't even question "whether" I'm going to do a workout every day. It's just about working out "when". I realised this today when I got home from work, hadn't done my cardio, watched a bit of TV and sat there fidgeting until I went and got it done! I was like "Oh no! Am I now one of *those* people?!"

i know right?! 3 weeks! high five!

and I'm the same, it's not about "if" but about "when" I work out! I think having a set plan helps tremendously, we don't have to think about what kind of workout to do today! plus I love the variety, I could never do her 30 day shred for example that has you do the same workout every day for over a week! :noway:

I thought about repeating workouts 3 and 4 for another week as well... I'll just wait and see how next week goes and then what workouts 5 and 6 look like!

Btw, I'm glad today is rest day! how do you guys spend your rest days? I'll go for a walk later :)