You know you are a runner when.....

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    ...you are eatting lunch and this image randomly pops into your head:

Thus causing the chocolate milk that you just sipped out from the straw to blow threw your nose, onto the computer screen in front of you.

That's typically what I think about during mile 4. Luckily, I'm not usually drinking chocolate milk.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    My husband and I love The Oatmeal!! Hubby has the blerch part up as his screen saver.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    ...you're sleepless at 3 am and surfing the online shop of a runners' store. Yup, that's me right now, thought I'd log in and let you know how dedicated I am.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    ....hitting the wall becomes an experience you want to experience at least once.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    You've written Road Runner's Sports begging them to open a store in your new home state. Because the idea of not getting a shoe fitting from them makes you get teary eyed.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    ....you consider spending $100 dollars on shoes to be a bargain.
  • likitisplit
    You see a topic entitled "Chafing" and are instantly intrigued.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Your reading this after getting bitten by the running but and in FOUR DAYS went from running .8 of a mile to 2 miles.

You try to figure out if its safe/ok to run the next day after doing 2 miles after never having ran a whole miles before.

You wonder where the nearest good place to get fitted for shoes are and figuring out how to afford them.
  • likitisplit
    Would you rather afford the shoes, or the weeks off/doctor's appointments from not having them?
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Would you rather afford the shoes, or the weeks off/doctor's appointments from not having them?

touche.

Getting the shoes.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    ....you're upset because the cold/awful congestion/hacking cough you have caused you miss two runs last week.

Just want to get out and move, but can't breathe!
  • likitisplit

touche.

Getting the shoes.

Who's my good girl!?!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    You know you are a runner when..... it's minus 20 C outside and you do a PB 8 km in 58 mins. Heavier winter gear slows you down but is balanced out by not over-heating.

When you re-purpose the fluorescent yellow safety vest from work as a running top.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    You keep yourself awake at night planning your training sessions for the 10k, the half, and the marathon you'll eventually run (all before you've finished c25k!).
    You look forward to spring mainly for the return of race season.
    You plan your days off around races you want to run.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited February 2015
    I was in a meeting yesterday and a colleague mentioned to me that I seem to be in a much better mood than I was last time he saw me (which was a few days before that) and the first thing that came out of my mouth was . . . "Yeh - I had a great run this morning"

My moods have been determined (and are noticeable to others!!!) but how good I feel about my run in the morning

This would never have happened a few months or years ago.

And I had a horrible chest infection a couple weeks ago, but I was like I'm going to run anyways. And I had a woman at the gym come up to me and ask me if I was ok because I kept coughing and it sounded like I had smoked two packs a day for like 20 years!!! But I was thinking my first (ever!!!) 5K is only like 10 or 11 weeks out, I can't bench myself now or I'll lose progress. After that thought, I was like OMG what have I become? Running like this, in case anyone needs or wants to know, can help to clear out the congestion in your chest when you're really sick, too!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    rduhlir wrote: »
    ...you consider the consequences of having that slice of cheesecake. Not because of the added calories, but because you dread the thought of "runner trots" the next day.

Love it!
  • auntyp147
    auntyp147 Posts: 38 Member
    .... you chuck a sickie from work just so you can attend a running event

.... you see someone else (a stranger) running on a treadmill near you in the gym or during a run outside and you immediately pick up the pace to try to beat them

.... your lunch box consists of bananas/protein bars/canned tuna/nuts and raisins/rye crackers/green salad/boiled eggs/berries/greek yoghurt etc etc which you munch on at work every day - and that's before you go for your run in the evening

.... your office building is evacuated due to a fire drill and when everyone is allowed back into the building you decide to run up the stairs to level 10, as you just CAN'T stand still waiting to catch the lift in the building up to your floor

.... your office building is evacuated due to a fire and the only things you grab before you leave your floor are your runners and protein shaker bottle

.... your going hard out during your run, and you just don't care how sweaty, red faced and tired you look to others - it's knowing that it feels really good on the inside that counts!! :blush:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    toni_mmh wrote: »
    ...when your doctor says "no more running till you get a stress test" and you begin having WITHDRAWALS immediately... can't read enough about running.... on the C25K message board, running websites, magazines and feel like you are going to FREAK OUT because the first available test is SIX (6), Freaking SIX, long days away! The poor lady in scheduling just didn't get it when I yelled "are you kidding me? 6 days?" And your husband sends your 12 yr old daughter with you on your "walk" to MAKE SURE you are just walking.

Ugh.

When I went in for a check up, my doctor said, "If you can run 8 miles without any issues, we don't need to do a stress test."
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    When your wife signs up for a 5k and you're jealous that you can't do it because you have to stay with the 4 year old.
    Don't worry. We'll be at the finish line cheering her on. It'll be her first 5k ever.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    When you would rather spend $30 on an omni-freeze shirt for summer running (it was on clearance! I couldn't pass that up!) than a new pair of shoes and you have 2 drawers devoted to running gear (hot weather and cold weather) in your dresser, but only one devoted to underwear.