Daily Challenges

Options

Replies

• Viola47
    Viola47 Posts: 121
    Options
    Yeah, I weight myself a lot too, so this challenge is difficult. :/

And not weighing myself until Friday like a couple of you? LOL. No way.... I would fail that challenge!
  • akjellin
    akjellin Posts: 30
    Options
    Monday challenge complete! I did not weigh my self at all! Woo hop! I hid my scale, lol
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Monday's challenge completed :)
  • Viola47
    Options
    TUESDAY – 50 Burpees. Also, eat your veggies! Seriously, for most of us that’s 2-3 cups. Eat ‘em up, people.

WEDNESDAY – 5 min. jump rope or jumping jacks (pretend jump rope if you don’t have one), plus 30 ab moves (sit-ups, any time of crunch you can think of, etc.)

THURSDAY – You can’t weigh yourself today, either. In addition, drink your water! (Now, I don’t buy into the whole 8-glasses-a-day stuff, but I also think most of us fail to drink enough fluids.) Finally, lets do some upper body work. Do at LEAST 50 reps of upper body exercises! (Curls, pushups, flyes, press, pulldowns, etc.)
    EDIT: [Dips and pushups can easily be done at home. You can also use filled jugs for presses, side or front raises, that sort of thing.]

FRIDAY – 1 minute of planking, 15 minutes of cardio, and 30 squats. Also, WEIGH yourself, and post to the weigh-in board!
  • tosha_e_1
    tosha_e_1 Posts: 19
    Options
    I totally just now found the daily challenges :/
    Yeah .... so I guess I will start them today lol
    sorry
  • Pkeenan1229
    Pkeenan1229 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    monday challenge complete :-) I packed 2 cups of veggies for lunch! now just have to get to those evil burpees...

Hey for those of us w/o access to a kettle ball, can you post some alternatives?
  • Viola47
    Options
    Hmm.... you don't need a kettlebell for burpees.
    Observe:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2cPYR0lRUE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf7wZvraWV0

Assuming you meant for something else, some kettlebell alternatives:
    A dumbbell (heavy)
    A gallon jug, filled (~8.6 lbs)
    Bag of soil, dog food, etc (double bagged)

Also, Ross has them for like $20, I think, maybe $15. I also got a set of 5# dumbbells for under $10, which is a GREAT price.
  • akjellin
    Options
    Tuesday challenge done! Wow my legs are on fire lol
  • River__Song
    River__Song Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Friday: 20 minutes low impact aerobics
    Saturday: 10 reps/3 sets/ bicep curls
    Sunday: 25 squats
    Monday: Did not weigh in.
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - burpees done. 1 cup tomato soup and 4 sticks of celery...not sure if that gets me there, but it's better than nothing :)
  • spike90
    Options
    Tuesday's challenge done: 50 burpees (hate these!!!!!) and ate my veggies for lunch and dinner (glad this was part of the challenge today as I had none yesterday).
  • tosha_e_1
    Options
    I managed to only get about 10 of the burpees done. I am apparently WAY out of shape. Because the 10 bout killed me :/ But I can say I tried my hardest.
    Also had some veggies.
    Now onto TODAYS challenge. 5 minute jumping jacks ..... Hmmmm
    I CAN NOT possibly be the only large busted one here. How in the world do you manage that? Even the best sports bras that I have bought don't make this task easy. ???
    Just wondering how you pull that one off lol I know that was WAY TMI, but I am curious. If effects me when I am jogging or running too
  • akjellin
    Options
    Wednesday challenge is done! 5 minutes of jumping Jack's and 30 an moves (I actually did more)
  • tosha_e_1
    Options
    Weds challenge done! :)
  • Viola47
    Options
    I CAN NOT possibly be the only large busted one here. How in the world do you manage that? Even the best sports bras that I have bought don't make this task easy. ???
    Just wondering how you pull that one off lol I know that was WAY TMI, but I am curious. If effects me when I am jogging or running too

Yeah, I hate them, too. Try the jump rope! (I know it feels funny if you don't have a jump rope, but if you've ever watched a Jillian Michaels' workout DVD you'll understand what I mean.) I usually do burpees instead of jumping jacks, because JJs hurt my knees and the bust thing.

If you're having problems when running and jogging, though... well, that's always a pain. My sports bra is a high impact one, but two cups smaller than I normally wear. I actually think the particular one I have runs a bit big, so maybe try going down a cup size? Also, it's an underwire (not everybody likes those). However, you really want to look for compression as well as cupped bras, and not just compression. The uniboob bras just don't work for me... they're worse than if I wore my day-wear bra to the gym! If I'm doing high impact stuff, I wear an athletic shirt over it - one with a built in bra. Or, you can wear a uniboob sports bra (compression only, lol) over a more supportive sports bra.
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

I love my sports bra - it's Moving Comfort, Juno style (link: http://www.movingcomfort.com/Juno/350025,default,pd.html)
    I'm a 36DD, and this works great. I can do any jumping/running and the girls stay put :) I found mine at a local running store, kinda pricey but not really, when you put it on and it does its job. Totally worth it!
  • spike90
    Options
    I am large busted (40DD now but was a 42DDD when I first started exercising) and have the same problem with jumping. I wear a sports bra by Glamories that is a no bounce full support (#1066) and I also wear a sports tank that has a built in sports bra for a little extra support. I still bounce but not horribly bad it is doesn't hurt. I do jumping jacks, jumpr ropes and other jumping moves pretty much every day and these two items together work really well.
  • spike90
    Options
    Wednesday's challenge done: 5 minutes of jump ropes (high knees and criss cross alternating) - 600 jump ropes and 100 sit ups.
  • ms_natalie_
    Options
    i did wed challenge and I have to say 5 minutes of jumping jacks was harder than i thought it would be!
  • NinjaKelly
    Options
    I didn't do Tuesday challenge but I did do Wednesday :-) Hoping to make Thursday happen later on this afternoon :-)
This discussion has been closed.