airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Tonite: 123
    Dinner carbs: 29
    Total carbs at reading: 124
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    2 hr. post dinner on 5/21 was 89 which was a real surprise. Dinner had been a whopping 98 carbs which is closer to my whole day total. I checked an hour later and I was at 119.
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    1 hr post was 148. Didn't remember to check later.
  • retiree2006
    Options
    2 1/2 hr. post dinner BG tonight was 103.
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Options
    Good evening all... BG @ 10:11pm 116. Surprised it was this, but will be interesting to see fasting number in am.

Everyone have a great evening.

WCUCATS77
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Tonites read was 109
    Dinner carbs were 38 (potato wedges counted as 31, but so good)
    Total carbs today were 122
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it I have hit the 2 hr mark or not, but the reading was 102

Kind of disappointing after this morning's great number, but it might continue to wobble on down. Total carbs to this point are 37, and there was a decent 45 min swim in there too. Puzzling me now.
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Hello to al.. BG @ 2:00 hours after starting to have dinner was 96.

Have a great night and great Friday.

WCUCATS77
  • Gsausen
    Gsausen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For dinner I had a chicken breast and kale, yes, I added butter. Couldn't help myself. BG 2 hours after meal is 116. First day on Victoza.
  • retiree2006
    Options
    BG was 116 two hours after beginning of dinner.
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    98 2 hours after dinner. Busy day today and I didn't eat very much, but still had over 100 carbs. Although I must admit most my carbs tend to come from fruit in my breakfast shake and wild brown/red rice at dinner. Ended up with great numbers all day. Have a great Friday everyone.
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had split pea soup 2 measured cups for supper. 87 before eating. 151 1 hour after and 167 2 hours after. Slow releasing carbs. Unfortunately I may have to give up this soup. Its one of my favorites. I'll cut to 1 cup and retry again.
  • retiree2006
    Options
    Tonight I come in at 91...two hours after dinner. (What a gorgeous moon tonight!)
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes the moon is gorgeous tonight. I took pictures.

2 hours after dinner 75. Wow that is kinda low for me after dinner. Have a good evening everyone!!
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Hi to everyone... BG @ 9:11 pm -88. 2 hours after dinner.

What a moon tonight, WOW.

Have a great Saturday and a wonderful holiday.

WCUCATS77
  • wcucats77
    Options
    HI TO all.. BG @ 10:10 was 94. 2:00 hours after dinner.

have a great Sunday.

WCUCATS77
  • retiree2006
    Options
    Less exercise today = higher number tonight...117. Definitely a correlation for me besides the carbs. We'll see what the a.m. # is.
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Good evening everyone. BG @ 8:11pm 5 hours after lunch( I will explain) was 101.

Now explanation; WE had a neighbor hood picnic and I partied like it was 1999, ( food that is ):glasses: had over 190 carbs. 2 hamburgers 1 hotdog, 2. big helpings of baked beans with honey and macaroni salad and big chocolate chip cookie from Kroger bakery.= and 3 ultra beers. Was not sure what numbers I would have and still very full so no dinner to night, or very little.

So I am pleased with these numbers, thinking at best I would have 130-140. Anyone have any thoughts, as to why the number was 101, or just don't ask questions. Just be thankful. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

WCUCATS77
  • retiree2006
    Options
    WCUCATS77...I've experienced the same thing with a huge carb overload and a low number that made no sense. No explanation here either but was thankful when it happened. Wonder if there is overcompensation of some sort when this happens periodically?

My post dinner BG was 111 tonight. Dinner carbs were 21 and 87 during the entire day.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    When my carbs are inline with my new cap, my numbers are dong a wonderful job of trending down. However, if I deviate, they jump back up and I have to start all over again in coaxing them to drop. The good numbers you're getting WCUCATS could be from the fact that you're body has adapted to the carb restriction, so when you get the periodic windfall, your body goes into over drive to scavenge all the extra "easy" energy packets.

Today I was not quite as good as I should have been, but it was MUCH better than yesterday, and the numbers are back in the 90's again. So, happy for the moment. Will see where I stand tomorrow morning.

05-24: 100
    05-25: 105 (with many, many too many carbs for the day)
    05-26: 96 (Better, but it can definitely still improve)