First Date Rules

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I have a kind of habit of having sex on the first date. Never really intended, but it's always a great icebreaker.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have a kind of habit of having sex on the first date. Never really intended, but it's always a great icebreaker.

oh geeze... is THAT where you put the ice?
    :noway:
  • whierd
    Options

oh geeze... is THAT where you put the ice?
    :noway:

Psshh, I wait awhile before breaking out the kinky stuff. Usually.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Just the tip...
  • whierd
    Options
    Just the tip...

That would be frustrating and rude!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    For a blind date there are two sets of rules. .

If I like the girl:
    Pay, open doors, let the conversation flow, ask lots of questions, be myself, etc. . . blah blah blah. .

If I DON'T like the girl:
    Get drunk, swear a lot, slap her *kitten*, talk loudly about S&M and Bondage, Leer at other women, suggest a threesome with her and the bartender, ignore what she says while staring at the TV, then tell her I forgot my wallet but that I have change in my car.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    *sigh*.. rules. Really? Cliche much? What are we 15 years old?

If you're confident in yourself and what you're looking for you don't need "rules" to guide you on a date. Just be you. There's no way you're going to be able to make an intelligent (read: fair) judgment about a person on first date. Because on a first date, everybody is on their best behavior.

You're setting yourself up for failure when you go into it with all kinds of preclusions. Why over complicate things? Just enjoy hanging out with somebody new. And if you like em take em home and show em a good time. :bigsmile:

YOLO!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Get drunk, swear a lot, slap her *kitten*, talk loudly about S&M and Bondage, Leer at other women,

I've had a date like this!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Now I know why! :huh:
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    for all the cheap women in the thread, at least buy a round of drinks, it's 5 dollars, and trust me, the guys will appreciate it.

I always appreciate a woman that buys a round! I'm not sure if its a St. Louis thing (home of Budweiser and plenty of micro brews) but $2.00 16oz & $2.75 24oz draft is the norm. smiley-eatdrink016.gif
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

this guy is a keeper :drinker: lol
  • whierd
    Options

this guy is a keeper :drinker: lol

You jest, but I really am. Passing judgment so quickly and without clarification is folly. ;)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I think my only rule is to trust my instinct... and don't suggest a date that your prospect has indicated they're not interested in.

Case in point:

Someone wanted to take me on a first date, and the suggestion was that we go to a bar, and watch wrestling in the lounge. I am soooo not a fan of wrestling. I love MMA, and boxing, but wrestling makes me queasy - the overacting gets me.

So ok.. I figure I'll be open and say yes... and we get to the bar and it's a $10 cover... and he says, you're gonna have to pay for yours, payday isn't til next week. Oh, and can you buy me a beer?
  • whierd
    Options
    I think my only rule is to trust my instinct... and don't suggest a date that your prospect has indicated they're not interested in.

Case in point:

Someone wanted to take me on a first date, and the suggestion was that we go to a bar, and watch wrestling in the lounge. I am soooo not a fan of wrestling. I love MMA, and boxing, but wrestling makes me queasy - the overacting gets me.

So ok.. I figure I'll be open and say yes... and we get to the bar and it's a $10 cover... and he says, you're gonna have to pay for yours, payday isn't til next week. Oh, and can you buy me a beer?

:laugh:

The first part I could give him a pass on, since maybe he really enjoys wrestling.

But why on earth would he ask a girl out without having money is beyond me.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

Case in point:

I guess if it was me I would've said "I'm not really into wrestling but maybe after the match I could meet up with you then?" There is no way in hell I could sit through some boring sport I have noooo interest in.

But yeah 10 dollar cover and he won't even pay? Hell no! And then you buy drinks? Terrible!
  • whierd
    Options

Case in point:

I guess if it was me I would've said "I'm not really into wrestling but maybe after the match I could meet up with you then?" There is no way in hell I could sit through some boring sport I have noooo interest in.

But yeah 10 dollar cover and he won't even pay? Hell no! And then you buy drinks? Terrible!

So you wouldn't be willing to try to share in a potential partner's interests? Hmm.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Someone watches Scrubs ;)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    So you wouldn't be willing to try to share in a potential partner's interests? Hmm.
    If it's wrestling, then no, frankly! ;)

I'd be expecting to have already found a good number of redeeming qualities to accept a girl that liked wrestling :P.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    For a blind date there are two sets of rules. .

If I like the girl:
    Pay, open doors, let the conversation flow, ask lots of questions, be myself, etc. . . blah blah blah. .

Get drunk, swear a lot, slap her *kitten*, talk loudly about S&M and Bondage, Leer at other women, suggest a threesome with her and the bartender, ignore what she says while staring at the TV, then tell her I forgot my wallet but that I have change in my car.

In an attempt to turn her off?

Color me unimpressed 8T
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    If it's wrestling, then no, frankly! ;)

I'd be expecting to have already found a good number of redeeming qualities to accept a girl that liked wrestling :P.

I like wrestling... but not WWE :wink:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Ok; fair point; I have no problem with a real sport.

Incredibly poor acting does nothing for me.