April = Achievements!

Options
1235»

Replies

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Leslie,

I echo what Janet and Sue said - one day at a time.

You have been to hell and back - and like the song says - just keep on going and leave before the devil even knows your there.....

You have our thoughts, prayers and support.

Add me as a friend if you like.

We'll be here for you.

Carol from NJ
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Leslye - once a Hatter, always a Hatter my friend.. you can't escape us even if you wanted to lol.. so welcome back! As our other friends have already stated; you've had a *itch of a year to say the very least - heartfelt condolences on the loss of your nephew. And to be hit with both your sisters and your own diagnosis - I cant even imagine. So glad to hear your sister is doing well and your kicking butt in your own battle! Hugs!

PS: I almost forgot - add in the joys of HOT FLASHES on top of everything?? YIKES!:noway:
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Good morning Hatters...

I was sitting here this morning wondering where this month went?? It's sometimes hard to believe how quickly time flies... I know it's said the older you get the faster it seems so this month I'm feeling like Methuselah lol.. :bigsmile:

It was a crazy busy month too, and my "excuse" to myself about being so busy allowed me to make poor choices, with the expected results - I've gained a few pounds and felt all bloaty and drag assy (yes it's a word.. well it is now lol) and along with it came the expected dive in how I felt about myself - but I didn't bury my feelings in a bag of potato chips this time!

Instead I spent some time reading back over some of our previous postings and topics from the last year... and it helped me remember that I am much more than the number on a scale; that stepping off my path or stumbling off it does not mean I have to sit down and whine and think I've ruined everything. To remember that just a few steps in the right direction will get me back and I don't have to bring any guilt or recriminations with me. That turning to food for comfort or punishment is no longer who I am. And that becoming healthy and fit is no longer just a dream, but an attainable goal that I can rand will each. That patience, perserverance and effort are necessary tools to reach that goal. And that I am capable of accomplishing anything if I let go of the limitations I have allowed myself and others to place on me. And I learned much of this from all of you - from having the opportunity to learn, share and grow with each of your experiences, knowledge and support. So thank you all. This morning I have weighed in, adjusted my check in numbers to my current weight, reviewed my diary, reset my settings and goals and my attitude, and moving forward feeling positive about reaching my first goal. And being here to give back!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Snoozie, what a wonderful attitude. You are a star :smile:

courage-is-getting-up-after-a-fall_zps91849615.gif
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    courage! a good thought to start the week. especially a dreary cold rainy Monday. If anyone writes about floating in a pool in the sun, I will pretend to be happy for you.
    I think we should each think of something we have done recently that required courage and something that we want to get the courage to do in the future.
    for me it took courage to play a singles usta tennis match against someone 20 years younger, knowing the team would be watching
    I need courage to try zumba, cycling and other classes.

how are you using courage?
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Ladies,

The main thing I've learned on this journey is that one bad day (or week) (or vacation) doesn't ruin the entire process.....

We put on, then go back to "normal - whatever that is", and the weight comes back off.....

Keep on keepin on.....

And dance, smile, and don't listen to the haters, or those who are jealous of how far we've come.... as they said in the 70s... You've Come A Long Way Baby.....

And then there was the song "you probably think this song is about you.... you're so vain".... and it is... thinking of the positive songs from Martina McBride "My Baby Loves Me Just the Way that I Am...., Taylor Swift.... "Love Story"

Carol
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    courage! a good thought to start the week. especially a dreary cold rainy Monday. If anyone writes about floating in a pool in the sun, I will pretend to be happy for you.
    I think we should each think of something we have done recently that required courage and something that we want to get the courage to do in the future.
    for me it took courage to play a singles usta tennis match against someone 20 years younger, knowing the team would be watching
    I need courage to try zumba, cycling and other classes.

how are you using courage?

Thinking of the cowardly lion from "Wizard of Oz"... giggle snort....

Anything that takes me out of my comfort zone.... thinking back to Disney Spring 2011 - (surgery was August 2010)... if the surgery didn't kill me, neither would Walt or his crew of cast members.... Soarin (hate heights) Mission to Mars, the roller coaster that's inside... and also universal studios - Harry Potter and all the other rides...

In 2007 I was the one holding the bags while the men did the rides....

Carol
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    cowardly-lion_zpsc432f5a7.jpg

Um, courage, well, staring Diabetes in the eye and making gigantic lifestyle changes to whip it's butt, which I did !!!!!
    boxing-training-smiley-emoticon.gif

And then there's logging honestly even when I had a day where people are going to wonder what the heck I was thinking....

But mostly it is the courage to stay true to myself and my values regardless of what life and sometimes other people throw my way.
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    giggle snort seehe......

LOVE IT!

ROFL - ouch - that hurts....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Carol
  • Snooozie
    Options
    LOLOL... love it too!! and here here to all the courage past and future the Hatters have displayed!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Snoozie, what a wonderful attitude. You are a star :smile:

courage-is-getting-up-after-a-fall_zps91849615.gif

VERY appropro for the Hatters Susan!! Thanks for posting it!:drinker:
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness Leslye I can't even imagine how I would have felt, but it sure puts a perceptive spin on the few things I have been letting drag me down. As all have said once a Hatter always a hatter and no apology needed. Prayers will be said for you and all your love ones. You have rose again and show your courage !!! So glad to have someone so strong to join us again.

Love the movie and the Lion hmmm may have to work in a movie night as a reward for finishing up school term.

I have been a little mia with these last weeks of school upon us. Things seem to be flying by and dragging all at the same time. I have a few loose ends I am working hard to finish up over the next couple of days and trying to get in last grades before the students begin to skip days and then be faced with no time for make ups.

This crazy weather this year has pushed garden planting until next weekend once again !!!! I did stop and buy the seeds and a few plants today and one way or another (bearing a flood of 40 days and nights LOLOL) it will be planted over the next few days and weekend.

Wishing everyone a blessed week, Tammy
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA - again! Can't seem to get back to logging and I am seeing the results reflected on the scale and I don't like it one bit :cry: On a happy note - I completed my first 1/2 marathon yesterday! Boy am I sore today! I got home in the afternoon and then promptly fell asleep on the couch until it was bedtime. Didn't sleep well 'cause every time I moved during the night I felt sore in every part of my body. Then I tried to get up this morning. Ugghh! Man oh man I am getting old! But, a 1/2 marathon was never something I would have ever thought I would be doing - and I did it! And I have another scheduled for June 8. I must be crazy! I think, however, that it is my excuse for my poor eating habits of late. Just wish I could click on the logging again... Summer is coming soon and I'd like to feel comfortable in my skin. So, I need to keep my *kitten* moving and start logging again. Hopefully you will see me back in touch a bit more regularly...