April Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    April 18:
    Me:17
    Binge:1
    After over 2 months of not binging, i finally gave in yesterday, needless to say, woke up feeling sick and stuffed today. I ended up fasting today which was pretty hard but somehow, i managed, and i feel a lot better. One thing that really surprised me was that NONE of the junk i binged on tasted good at all! Maybe my taste buds have changed or something :/ Actually looking forward to eating healthy tomorrow lol.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    18th April.

Kate - 15.
    Binge - 3.

I did overeat last night, because I was up until late into the early hours reading things online, but it was not rapid, uncontrolled eating. I knew what I was doing, so not counting it as a binge. On another note, I am 5 Ibs, down in about 3 weeks. Not sure if it is as a result of the Intermittent Fasting or just that I increased exercise a bit, but I will take it.
  • yoshna
    yoshna Posts: 69
    Options
    Me: 18
    Binge: 0

Happy numbers. :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Angela: 12 (kind of...?)
    The Binge: 6

So, tonight I detoured into the mall, and started the first steps of what normally leads me down the road to a 3000+ calorie binge. I told myself that I was just going to possibly buy one item, but then at the last minute I grabbed a second, more caloric, item. I knew it had begun. It was the beginning of a familiar routine for me.

I ate my food, preparing for the next awful step to happen.

But then I intervened. I used the strategy that Poppy told me she had decided to use next time. I acknowledged that I wanted ALL the foods, and MORE of the food I had eaten, but then told myself to wait. I promised myself that I could have some later if I still wanted it in 15 minutes. I even took the additional step of plugging the foods I was craving the most into my upcoming weekend days and Friday, and promising that I could have them for those specific meals.

I got up, and I left the building.

I went to the gym. I couldn't make myself run, because I was very full, but I did walk some.

For me, even though I lost control during the first part, I think I will count this as a victory. I only ate 1/10 of what I would NORMALLY have eaten during a binge, and I did manage to intervene.

It really helped to promise myself that I would be flexible and negotiate. It was also helpful to schedule my binge foods into non-binge times.

I still feel a little gross/full, but at least I'm not a crying mess, like usual!

Yay! One small victory at a time!

Nice job stopping it. I now just tell myself that I can have a few items I tend to want to binge on, on Saturday and that is when I have any of the less healthy bits and bobs I start craving in the week. It is sometimes hard to leave the items I want on the shelf when I want them available right now, but it is a good test in discipline.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 17
    Binge: 1
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    April 17
    Karen 9
    The Binge 9

Days Left 12

Binge Days
    4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4
    4/5 4/8 4/10 4/14
    4/16

Overate calories but did not binge day
    4/13 4/18
  • Wildflowerangel
    Wildflowerangel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's April 18th, and so far:

Me- 18
    Binge- 0

I'm so happy! Just a few weeks ago, I found myself binging quite a bit. I started logging everything I ate and events that happened just prior to binge eating, and I finally pinpointed what makes me binge eat. I was even able to eat healthy when my friend came to visit last weekend. I already feel a lot better! :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    April 18

ME: 7
    BINGE: 11

I won today!
  • elowder77
    elowder77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me:9
    B:9
    I'm staring you down B! Victory will be mine tomorrow. 9 days straight of no overrating, binging or snacking between meals (the latter is a target behavior I'm working on)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    April 2013:
    Mollie - 16
    The Binge - 2 - Logged it all!

Days did not log it all - 0
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    [/quote]
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    April 2013:
    Mollie - 16
    The Binge - 2 - Logged it all!

Days did not log it all - 0
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    April 18th

Me-15
    The B-3

Stocked the fridge with fruits and veggies so I'm ready for the weekend.
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    April 19th

Scores so far;

Me : 15
    Binge : 3

I ate quite a lot of trigger food last night, but had planned to allow myself some treats. I wanted to binge, I very nearly did, then I realised that I was full & stopped. I probably over indulged (I was over my calorie goal by just under 200, so I don't earn my "reward" of the next song in my iTunes album) but I'm still counting it was a win.
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    Slip up yesterday.
    Kyle: 10
    Binge: 3

:(
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    me: 12

binge: 6
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 18

Me: 12

Binge: 6

Not a typical binge but still counting it because I knew I could stop should stop but didn't because I just wanted more. Definitely over ate tonight.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane: 14
    Binge: 4

:smile:
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 16
    Binge: 2