April Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 15
    Binge: 1

Although this is the most in control and sane I've been with my eating probably in my whole life I miss losing the water weight on the scale. I mean in the past I didn't recognize the crazy weight fluctuations post-binge as mostly water weight and I certainly didn't enjoy seeing the pounds show up on the scale. It just felt like weight (fat) loss. Well at least that's what I wanted to believe. And I got a thrill out of seeing the scale change daily. Of course, at the time I was also eating waaaaaaaaaaay too few calories and was starving myself. I now realize that I could maintain the deprivation of calories for only so long and that's one of the main reasons I binged (not to mention all the emotional reasons and the distress of dealing with my IBS issues).

I mean don't get me wrong I love how in control I feel right now. I truly feel like I'm doing all the right things...it's just hard to shift your mind away from those crazy neurotic self-sabotaging mindsets. But it's growth right?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    April 2013:
    Mollie - 15
    The Binge - 1

Days did not log it all - 0
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused, as I think I see TWO Part Twos....

Anyhoodle....

April 2013

4/16/13

Poppy: 15
    the binge: 1

Gonna go ahead and call it a binge free day, even though I'll probably still be up for a couple of hours. Good shrinkage (therapy, not actual shrinking!) and was reminded to look at how far I've come in my battle with bingeing, at how I've taken charge of my health and well being for the first time in many years. Glad to have that realization again.

Thanks again to all of you for helping me keep myself on the track I want to be on!
  • elowder77
    elowder77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    April 16
    Me: 7
    B: 9
    Lost one pound since my last weigh-in! 6 total in 8 days! And more importantly I FEEL better. No cravings or blood sugar spikes. More energy.
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    Late at night am stressing over an exam on Thursday. That said am planning on going to bed and really keeping my fingers crossed that I don't wake up in the middle of night and binge, if so that will be counted towards tomorrow!

That said as it is.
    Kyle 9
    Binge 2
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me : 13
    Binge : 3

10 days since last binge!

Won again yesterday in spite of being exhausted (a real trigger for me).

Also, trying a new mini reward system this week - there's a new album I really want on iTunes so I'm allowing myself to download one song from it each day I don't binge.
  • rincoglionita
    Options

Also, trying a new mini reward system this week - there's a new album I really want on iTunes so I'm allowing myself to download one song from it each day I don't binge.

Genius!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    April 16

me: 14

bingemonster: 2
    4/13, 4/15
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 16

Me: 12

Binge: 4

Dinner I definitely had too much to eat and started feeling out of control but I went on a walk. Then coming home I was offered
    and had the control to say NO and drank water till bedtime! One small victory at a time....
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane: 12
    Binge: 4
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am having a really hard time right now.

April 16
    Karen 8
    The Binge 9

Days Left 13

Binge Days
    4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4
    4/5 4/8 4/10 4/14
    4/16

Overate calories but did not binge day
    4/13
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Angela:11
    The Binge: 6

I lost this one. I tried to pull back, and the worst part is, part of me didn't want to. Something told me to just keep eating and worry about the consequences later.

I know I shouldn't "make-up" for it, but it's so hard not to plan tomorrow that way.

I'm thinking, if I can just eat 1/2 to 2/3 my normal calories, for just ONE DAY, I won't make up for it, but I might do some damage control... As long as I'm not skipping meals, or eating TOO little, this isn't terrible, right?

I know nothing can make up for it, and I just have to move forward (I used to spend WEEKS trying to right these wrongs...) but eating a little less for one is probably okay?

Ugh. I was doing so well. It was like a monster took control of me.
  • angelaengbrecht
    Options
    Angela: 11

I lost this one. I tried to pull back, and the worst part is, part of me didn't want to. Something told me to just keep eating and worry about the consequences later.

I know I shouldn't "make-up" for it, but it's so hard not to plan tomorrow that way.

I'm thinking, if I can just eat 1/2 to 2/3 my normal calories, for just ONE DAY, I won't make up for it, but I might do some damage control... As long as I'm not skipping meals, or eating TOO little, this isn't terrible, right?

I know nothing can make up for it, and I just have to move forward (I used to spend WEEKS trying to right these wrongs...) but eating a little less for one is probably okay?

Ugh. I thought I was doing so well. It's like a monster took control of me!
  • angelaengbrecht
    Options
    I am having a really hard time right now.

April 16
    Karen 8
    The Binge 9

Days Left 13

Binge Days
    4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4
    4/5 4/8 4/10 4/14
    4/16

Overate calories but did not binge day
    4/13

Karen, I hope this is okay, but I was curious about your weight loss journey, so I checked out your profile.

I'm sure you know this, but I just wanted to remind you that (from what I read) you've come a really long way, and you've worked so hard to get where you are. You said you're having a tough time right now, but it will pass. You're obviously such a strong and dedicated individual, and you clearly have a long history of being kind to yourself and overcoming obstacles!

You can do it!

Recently, things have been hard for me too. Tomorrow, as I struggle along, I will think about you and your victories, and your strength will help carry me through.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    So I'm game to try the reward system. I am going to reward myself with some new clothes for work if I can go a month w/o binging starting this past Monday (4/15). I'll see how this goes........

Me: 14
    Binge: 2 (4/12, 4/13)
  • rincoglionita
    Options
    Angela:11

Ugh. I was doing so well. It was like a monster took control of me.

Honestly, I think the best thing you can do to truly move forward is to acknowledge that this is a problem for you, forgive yourself, and move forward without restricting calories the next day. Otherwise, it's more likely to become a self-reinforcing circle--restrict, binge, restrict, binge. And accompanied by the feeling of needing to punish yourself for something that's not worthy of punishment.

Also, think of it as You lost this ONE. It's not a trend, it's not going to be like this forever. It was this one time. And if it happens again, it's still that one time.

My last binge (last Monday, I remember it well) was triggered by that same voice that told me to keep eating. My voice sounded a lot like an adolescent's, so after my therapist and I discussed it, we decided that I'd take a parenting type of approach should that voice pop up again. Kind of like, "Yes, I understand you want to eat all of the things. Here's an alternative: how about we do something else for 15 minutes? If you still want to eat all of the things after 15 minutes, we'll negotiate that." And then, should I still want to eat all of the things after 15 minutes, I'll compromise with that adolescent and say, "Well, eating ALL of the things doesn't sound like a good idea. How about you have a FEW of the things [or whatever seems a more reasonable alterative] and then move on?" Because, for me at least, it just doesn't work to completely ignore that voice. That voice just gets more obnoxious and digs its heels in, so to speak.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts.

And, YES! You are making progress!
  • rincoglionita
    Options
    Angela: 11

Ugh. I thought I was doing so well. It's like a monster took control of me!

Oops--I replied to your post in the other thread. Didn't see that you had posted here.
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    April 17

Kate: 15
    (4/6)

I am going to try to make it all the way to May 18 (and beyond of course) for vacation time.
    I have 3 birthday parties to get through until then...
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Through April 17
    Me 12
    The Binge 5

I've been binge free for 2 days :) my first goal is 16 days, or the end of April :) Feeling good. Being exhausted is also a trigger for me, as well as being anxious. I slowed myself down this morning despite not loving my outfit, losing my keys, and almost being late to work. I've got this... :)
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 15