Options

Replies

• Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 15, 2013

Me: 11
    Binge: 4

...wow I can't even remember the last time I had two good days in a row :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    morning of April 16 --

me: 10
    binge: 5
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    catching up through
    April 15

me: 13

bingemonster: 2
    4/13
    4/15

Logged #1 accurately; logged #2 as best I could, but I think it's close to accurate. :)

Every once in a while my non-binge-y MFP friends will glance at my diary; I just have to wonder what they think...like, do they have an "OMG, what is this poor girl doing?" moment? :embarassed: Sometimes they will make suggestions, like "more veggies!" and "fewer carbs!" (LOL! Yes, it does indeed look like I could do with fewer of those processed carbs!) I can tell they want to offer support but are a bit confuzzled by my behavior.

They are so sweet, and I ❤ love ❤ that they care enough to try to understand me and prompt me to make better choices. I do, I do, I do...I really do. ❤ And their support is uplifting.

It's also nice to have friends who simply understand...who recognize I may be having a rough day (or days) and acknowledge that I'm not making the best choices, but who know I don't ever want to give up trying; who, even though I look like a mess and have been stuck for months, believe I will reach my goals; who grab my hand when I'm on the floor to help pull me up so I can start walking again. Sometimes a simple, kind word or phrase is all it takes to change my perpective or mindset for the day. And while I know that ultimately, it's my own internal motivation and desire to change that will allow me to be healthy long-term, having friends...is the best. :) So thanks, guys, for understanding a lot of how I feel pre-, during, and post- binge without me having to say a word about it. And thanks for reaching out and supporting me. :)

Now, I'm going to re-read "Get the **** Over It!" from Nerd Fitness. It's a tough love thing, but it always makes me feel good.

It's here, FYI...pardon the cussin': http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/16/get-over-it/
  • anorangie
    Options
    Okay, here's the conclusion to the Nerd Fitness article--the whole article is worth reading, though!:
    Amidst the tough love, there is a silver lining to all of this.

You are an amazingly advanced piece of machinery.

Yes, you. You are capable of greatness. You can seriously become whatever you want if you’re willing to work for it.

What you did five minutes ago is done and cannot be changed. What you do five minutes from now, however, is completely up to you.

You are NOT your past.

You ARE your future.

Your destiny isn’t set in stone, so feel free to create your own.

Stop berating yourself for mistakes. Stop playing the “woe is me” card. Stop comparing yourself to those around you.

Smile and be thankful that you woke up today!

Quietly and consistently work towards building a better you.

Stop worrying about where you’ve been and put your focus on where you’re going.

Go. Start. Now

*deep breath*

I _am_ thankful I woke up today! :)

And...I'm all weepy today, too. But in a good way.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Bea --
    That is why I've gone back and forth between hiding my diary (with a key) and keeping it public! I am very self conscious about what my non-binge friends think! They're sweet though, some of them are just trying to help

I love the "get the heck over it" post! I've read it in the past, really helps. I love a lot of nerd fitness posts.. =)

Me: 11

The Binge: 5

April 16th, 2013.
  • traceycalaway
    traceycalaway Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    me 13
    the binge 2

last night was a bad night. Here's hoping today is a better day.
  • anorangie
    Options
    ^ I understand completely.

At first my diary was public.

Then late last year, when I was having a lot of binges, I became so self-conscious that having it public was more of a hindrance than a help to me; I made it private then. I just needed to try to re-focus without the distraction of worrying about what others might think.

I opened it to friends several weeks ago, and I'm enjoying just being able to say, "This is me--the ups and downs, the good and bad." It's sort of freeing for me to be able to say that. I want to be honest and authentic in my diary...that's why I first joined MFP! I'm learning to trust that my true friends will not judge me harshly because I have a binge. Even so, I may decide sometime in the future that closing it for a bit will help me more.

I think at different times we have different "diary needs." Sometimes we do better when it's open, and sometimes we do better when it's closed. Mollie and Diane have assured me several times that there is no "right" or "wrong" when it comes to diary settings. It's just whatever helps us meet our logging goals. :) An MFP diary is a fluid thing, lol.

You're beating the binge, Stronger. Good work! :D
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane: 11
    Binge: 4
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    April 15 2013:

Jaimee: 10
    Binge: 5 (4/1, 4/5, 4/6, 4/13, 4/15)

Days did not log the binge: 2 (4/1, 4/15)

Binge Dates:
    Drinking bender on 4/1.
    Drinking bender on 4/5.
    Dinner with a friend on 4/6.
    Another dinner run 4/13, wtf!
    Lost all inhibitions, 4/15.

I don't want to know how many calories I ate yesterday, I just want to forget it existed. New day. New goal: 6 days w/o binge.
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in for sometime, saw my last post of being proud and saying that 'planning has helped me out so much with avoiding binging". . . so what do I do 3 days in a row??? I don't plan, I eat like crap and I binge like crazy on junk. I know, learn from your mistakes, but I knew what the problem was and I still let it happen :embarassed:
    I swore I wouldn't use the fact that I am a busy single mom as an excuse, but I obviously thought it was one this weekend. No more. :mad:

April 16th:
    Me: 10
    Binge: 5 :angry: (4/3, 4/6, 4/12-14)
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    4-16-13
    Jul: 16
    Binge: 4 (4/4, 4/5, 4/11, 4/12)

Okay, feeling strong! I've closed my diary with a key since I've been doing some restricting to compensate for binge days (IF? eh lame excuse but it feels like it). I just need to focus on getting these next two weeks out of the way for the upcoming friend's wedding and then I'll be back to focus on being healthy..rather than fitting into a dress : /
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    One day at a time.....yesterday was good.

Me Vs the Binge Challenge

April 15
    Karen 7
    The Binge 8

Days Left 15

Binge Days
    4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4
    4/5 4/8 4/10 4/14
    Overate calories but did not binge day
    4/13
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Been a while since I logged! Things are getting better!

Summer - 8
    The Binge - 8

Binge free for: 3 days
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Been fighting the urge to binge all day. I'm really tired and feeling under the weather, it's a real danger zone for me. I've got 250 calories left today to stay within my goal, but it could so easily go from one per bed time snack to a 4000 calorie binge.

Must stay strong........
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Through April 16
    Me 11
    The Binge 5

I successfully started over yesterday and feel really good. I had lunch, but ate around the craisins in my salad, and turned down both candy and homemade rice krispie treats. Talking to my therapist and really owning the fact that this is going be a tough battle have helped. Seeing the negative impact bingeing has had on my body and vowing to climb back out of this hole is helping too. I can do this.

There is a plate of dessert behind me and I won't eat it. I know what I need to be healthy and I know refined sugar is a trigger, so I will avoid it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    April 16th.

Kate - 13.
    Binge - 3.

IF still working well for me.
    Btw, Jul, IF is not about restriction. It is about the window in which you eat and do not eat. Most who do it eat the amount they would whether doing it or not, just in a smaller timespan.
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Angela: 11
    The Binge: 5

I'm finally making some headway!
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    April 16th

Sarah: 10
    Binge: 6

First really good day in ages yesterday and it felt wonderful! Hope everyone has a good day today :)
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Me - 13
    Binge - 3

Binged tonight. Stressed out - daughter is driving by herself for the first time ever. I'm nervous, excited, scared, happy, and any other emotion you can think of! She's a good driver, but brand new, and DC traffic is no joke. She'll be fine, not so sure about mom!
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    April 16

Me-13
    The B-3

Had no desire to binge all day. Too sad about Boston.