April Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Marna: 13
    The Binge: 0

Just read my journal for last year at this time and the Binge had me 2 or 3 times per week!!!!

Yesterday was a perfect day for me to figure out what is triggering me...I was just zoned out and craving all day.

Over ate, but didn't binge. I got a lot of sleep last night and am more objective today. Having the structure of daily logging and calorie limits helps me a lot. Also being able to talk about it on here:heart:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I forced myself to log it all yesterday. I did not binge but I surely did overeat.

April 2013:
    Mollie - 12
    The Binge - 1

Days did not log it all - 0
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    There are many new ones with us and I just want to remind ones who may have not read the entire post in the beginning of this thread of below request. Welcome and thanks for your cooperation and support!

***** ATTENTION *****
    This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most thearphy groups for BED. When I was in BED therphy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
    Molly
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    14th April.

Kate - 11.
    Binge - 3.

Back on track with ease.
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to count today - I've gone over my calories, I've eaten quite a lot of a food I'd normally binge on, but I made a decision to eat said foods and I didn't feel out of control. My usual binges are totally out of control, where I'm looking for more food before I've even swallowed what's in my mouth.

Also, part of the reason I went over my food was because we went out for a lovely meal.
    Plus, my over all calorie goal for the week has been met.

So, who wins today? Me or the binge? Or is it a third category?
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Not sure how to count today - I've gone over my calories, I've eaten quite a lot of a food I'd normally binge on, but I made a decision to eat said foods and I didn't feel out of control. My usual binges are totally out of control, where I'm looking for more food before I've even swallowed what's in my mouth.

Also, part of the reason I went over my food was because we went out for a lovely meal.

Quite simple. You win because you did not binge. This is Me vs The Binge, not Me vs The Binge, Overeating. Meal out, Takeaway etc, lol. If you were in control, and had planned this and simply indulged, that is not a binge. It is just a day where you had a good time, assuming that you did ?
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    There are many new ones with us and I just want to remind ones who may have not read the entire post in the beginning of this thread of below request. Welcome and thanks for your cooperation and support!

***** ATTENTION *****
    This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most thearphy groups for BED. When I was in BED therphy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only.

Sincerely,
    Molly

ok, thanks, sorry.. i think i violated this.... :ohwell:
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Angela: 9
    The Binge: 5

Alright. Here comes another week.

I know that, for whatever reason Tuesdays and Wednesdays are tough days for me, so if I can just push through the beginning of this week, I'll be doing well!
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Quite simple. You win because you did not binge. This is Me vs The Binge, not Me vs The Binge, Overeating. Meal out, Takeaway etc, lol. If you were in control, and had planned this and simply indulged, that is not a binge. It is just a day where you had a good time, assuming that you did ?

I had a lovely day thanks. Yes, you're right, I win today, thank you :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

***** ATTENTION *****

Sincerely,
    Molly

ok, thanks, sorry.. i think i violated this.... will go back an edit... :ohwell:
    No need to apologize! It is just a friendly reminder and for those who did not know. It is not a violation either....It is a request since we have so many triggers we deal with on a day to day basis without having to worry about it here on a support thread for binging.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options

***** ATTENTION *****

Sincerely,
    Molly

ok, thanks, sorry.. i think i violated this.... will go back an edit... :ohwell:
    No need to apologize! It is just a friendly reminder and for those who did not know. It is not a violation either....It is a request since we have so many triggers we deal with on a day to day basis without having to worry about it here on a support thread for binging.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I can't edit mine. I'll do that as soon as it lets me. :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

***** ATTENTION *****

Sincerely,
    Molly

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I can't edit mine. I'll do that as soon as it lets me. :flowerforyou:
    You only have an hour after any post to edit. Again just a reminder for future posts....
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options

I know that, for whatever reason Tuesdays and Wednesdays are tough days for me, so if I can just push through the beginning of this week, I'll be doing well!

You can do it, Angela:drinker:
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    April 14th

Sarah: 9
    Binge: 5

Here we go, fresh week :)
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options

You're in charge here. I have all faith in you!
  • Phoenix212
    Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me: 14
    Binge: 0

Today was an IF day, which it turns out makes it a lot easier to avoid the monster
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Me: 14
    Binge: 0

Today was an IF day, which it turns out makes it a lot easier to avoid the monster

Ah, someone else has found the light, so to speak. So far, I am doing incredibly well on IF, especially when keeping up with my exercise. Oddly, I find it remarkably easy to go without food for those 16-17 hours, knowing I can have a really nice meal later. It gives me back my control over food, and makes me feel more empowered. Plus, I never ate anything substantial in the day anyway. I found having food in the day, triggered a 'want more' mindset. Sometimes it is hard to not eye up the cabinets of a certain food type at the local cafe when I get my pot of tea, but I simply remember I can have something Saturday if I wish.
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    April 14

Me-11
    The B-3

Made it through the weekend while husband is away! This is the first time in a long time I can say that. I'm so proud of myself. I think there's a non-food reward in my future.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Having the structure of daily logging and calorie limits helps me a lot. Also being able to talk about it on here:heart:

Marna, I couldn't agree with you more. Keep on keeping on. Heather :)
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 13
    Binge: 1

I can't remember a time that I've gone this long without a binge. I feel so good. It's really helped to up my daily calorie intake and to log everything. It's also helped that I've figured out some of my IBS/digestive issues that used to make me feel so miserable.