April 24

ME: 10
    BINGE: 14
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Heather: 23
    Binge: 1

This the first time-THE FIRST TIME- in my adult life that I have eaten "normally" for this many days. I truly believe it's b/c I'm eating at a normal daily calorie intake (1600) and no food is "good" or "bad" or off limits. I mean how simple a solution for me is this and yet I never was able to grasp that concept--till now. In the past I thought that the only effective way for me to lose weight (and I was constantly trying to lose weight even at my thinnest thin self) was to eat next to nothing. Of course the body can only go so long before it has a meltdown and that's when I would binge and binge and binge.

Don't get me wrong this isn't the only reason for why I haven't binged in the past or won't binge in the future for that matter, but it's definitely been a light bulb moment. I still try to stay away from my trigger foods and no big emotional problem has plagued me lately. It's just nice to finally figure me out a little bit and hopefully grow more into the person I want to be.

You're doing amazing! Good job at evaluating it.
  • run252
    run252 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Am really disappointed in myself...had 25 days in a row binge free which is a first in a LONG TIME. Tpday I ended my streak with a binge - at one point i realized i wasn't enjoying the food. Im thoroughly embarrassed about how much i ate, although by no means was it a bad binge compared to my worst. I logged all my calories, but have just blown weeks of being on track...I feel full and uncomfortable, and am not excited for tomorrow to come and the regret that comes with a day after a binge!
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 24

Me: 17

Binge: 7

3 straight days of good choices!!!!
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So far this month;

Stayed within net calorie goal
    1/4
    3/4
    8/4
    9/4
    10/4
    13/4
    15/4
    16/4
    17/4
    19/4
    23/4
    24/4

Within 200 calories of goal
    2/4
    4/4
    18/4
    22/4

Over eaten (by 1000 calories or less)
    5/4
    11/4
    12/4
    14/4
    20/4

Binge
    6/4
    7/4
    21/4

So, although I've gone over quite a lot this month, most of those days have been days where I've enjoyed food in a "normal" way, so only 3 can be categorised as a out of control binge.

Therefore, I'm counting it as;

Me : 21
    Binge : 3
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Angela: 17
    The Binge: 8

I binged for a second night in a row. I haven't been using my strategies.

I think that it's partially because I am a creature of routine and habit, and having broken those routines for the last two days (by going out with friends), I've somehow triggered some desire in myself to binge. I don't know why this happens.

Does any one else experience this: Binges that they feel are related to an environmental change, but not necessarily a stressor?

I enjoy hanging out with my friends, so why when I change my plans to do so, does it then end in crazy secretive binge eating after we all part ways?? What is happening with me?!

Ugh. I feel terrible.
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    angelaengbrec I too am a creature of habit.

Me Vs the Binge Challenge

April 24
    Karen 15
    The Binge 9

Days Left 6

Binge Days
    4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4
    4/5 4/8 4/10 4/14
    4/16

Overate calories but did not binge day
    4/13 4/18

YEAH another Binge free day! :love: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    4-25-13
    Jul: 20
    Binge: 5 (4/4, 4/5, 4/11, 4/12, 4/19)

Days left in April: 5

I'm still feeling good but feel like my triggers are approaching and I'm not sure how I'll handle it. Traveling home leads to binging as do buffets..but I think I'm so excited about other things that I'm being very cautious to make sure I don't feel awful.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane: 16
    Binge: 8
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me: 17

The Striiv App is helping me focus on steps and exercise related goals -- which seems to help my obsession with numbers while not freaking out as much on food... Keeps me from a binge.

Hope everyone is doing well!

<3
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options

I think that it's partially because I am a creature of routine and habit, and having broken those routines for the last two days (by going out with friends), I've somehow triggered some desire in myself to binge. I don't know why this happens.

Does any one else experience this: Binges that they feel are related to an environmental change, but not necessarily a stressor?

I enjoy hanging out with my friends, so why when I change my plans to do so, does it then end in crazy secretive binge eating after we all part ways?? What is happening with me?!

Ugh. I feel terrible.

I was just contemplating this very behavior in myself this morning. I'm job hunting and whenever I have an interview, or get a little day job, I end up binging when it's over. I also tend to binge after going out with my friends. I feel like becoming conscious of this is getting me to the root causes of my binge behavior.
    I tend to enjoy these events while I am doing them. I come away feeling anxious and, I'm not sure what to call it..maybe desperate? I'm not sure what's going on either, but it happens in social situations. If I just change my daily routine and it doesn't involve being with other people, I don't react that way. I'm getting out my journal...
  • Chibea
    Options
    “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”

Tony Robbins

Yay.... only 6 more days left to get through this month.

Binge total for me : 8

Thank-you. This is very true and I need to stay conscious of how very important the day after a binge is!! The downward spiral is ready to grab me and I have to claw my way back to success for that day or the power of discouragement will be even more powerful and hard to overcome.
  • Chibea
    Options
    Me: 22
    Binge: 2

My second binge of the month last night. Got some much needed sleep and feel okay today.
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 22
    The binge: 2
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    April 25th
    Me: 24
    Binge:1
    Days without binging:8
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”

Tony Robbins

Thank you for posting this quote and thanks for the encouragement too!

Heather: 24
    Binge: 1
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Ugh. I feel terrible.

This in the past has been a HUGE one for me as far as binges. When I would get out my routine and eat "bad" foods with friends/Boyfriend I would see it as "screwing up" my day. My all or nothing mentality would kick in and I thought since I already failed by eating the "wrong" foods might as well keep eating and start over tomorrow. Trying not be perfect has been hard, but it's really helped me.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    25th April.

Kate - 20.
    Binge - 5.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    April 25

ME: 11
    BINGE: 14

Been a hard month for me but a winning day today.
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    April 25

Me-21
    The B-4

No urge at the moment. Hope that remains true this weekend.