Impressive Gaming Feats

Options
124»

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'm about to hit 100K gamerscore on my XBL account with games fully completed like COD4 (those of you who played on Veteran know exactly why I put this game lol).

My gamertag is Silent Hav0c.

Do you ever play L4D2? I could have sworn I was recently on the same team as a guy name Silent Hav0c or something close to that. I remember that their were numbers in place of some of the letters on the name. The voice on the head set was of an adult sounding male. He was very good and we dominated the other team to the point where they quit all together in the level before the finally. We were playing on dark carnival. I was the one who was totally kicking *kitten* with the spitter. My gamer tag is Zombiechef42.

If it is you then you were amazing I found it very easy to combo off of you with my spitter. I wish I could just go back home and play some more right now just thinking about it.
  • KX19
    KX19 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't play anymore, but my proudest WoW moment was our first Kil'Jaeden kill (which was the night before the 30% Sunwell nerf).

I had arthroscopic shoulder surgery that morning on my left shoulder, and I rushed home to try to get into the raid. I was still high as a kite from the morphine followed by Percocet, but I somehow managed to both talk my way into the raid (I really don't know how) and played 1-handed. IMO keyboard turning win.
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was the best White Mage in FFXI. It's true. I was also amazing at half the other jobs. (The casters.. go figure.)

When I started playing WoW, I learned that "macros" were used so that people could press one button to cast a spell.

My FFXI Hume had typed. Everything. To this day, I can still type "/ma "Cure V" <person's name>" faster than anything else I can type.

This.

I don't have the new equivalent of "God Gear" but you better believe I can out-heal any WHM you put beside me. And my BRD? No princess bard in this b*tch. I power-pull like a boss; BSTs in dynamis don't even know what happened.

And now I'm full of smug... better get back to work and nerf that down. :laugh:
  • Shikonneko
    Options
    Sorry for the double post, but I got off my duff and killed my NM. Tada http://youtu.be/DMnuUaGi8Ao Disregard the Mithra, he's trying to help.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I was the best White Mage in FFXI. It's true. I was also amazing at half the other jobs. (The casters.. go figure.)

When I started playing WoW, I learned that "macros" were used so that people could press one button to cast a spell.

My FFXI Hume had typed. Everything. To this day, I can still type "/ma "Cure V" <person's name>" faster than anything else I can type.

This.

I don't have the new equivalent of "God Gear" but you better believe I can out-heal any WHM you put beside me. And my BRD? No princess bard in this b*tch. I power-pull like a boss; BSTs in dynamis don't even know what happened.

And now I'm full of smug... better get back to work and nerf that down. :laugh:

I played FFXI back in the day. I quit when they started going past the level 75 cap. I didn't do crazy full typing commands but I did love playing Redmage. It was fun for me because there was always something to do during Dynamis and exp parties.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    This won't mean much to most people (showing my age here), but it's something I always thought was kind of funny. Years ago I was in a small Quake 3 tournament where we played against people that worked at Id Software and I killed John Carmack with a gauntlet.

Also I think I built some pretty cool stuff in Minecraft. Not a huge feat and certainly not original, but lots of fun to do :)
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Haha sweet! I just discovered this forum and thread. I'm another who has beat Contra on NES without dying. One of my college buddies challenged me to do it. So every day one summer I practiced and practiced and practiced. Omg I swear I had every enemy spawn and stray bullet memorized. Probably took me 2-3 weeks to get done.
  • madpaddyjack
    madpaddyjack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I made it through the 2-player mode in New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii without strangling my wife for knocking me down pits a jillion times.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I don't play console games except Wii... and I play a few PC games online.
    I've played a certain mmorpg for almost 7 years.
    I am not the best player in-game, which is fine with me, but thought I'd share my stats.

There are 25 skills total... 24 go up to lvl 99, and the other up to 120. Max combat is 200.
    I currently have 8 level 99s and all but 2 of the rest are over 80. The other 2 are just under 80.
    My combat level is 195.
    Quest points: 272 / 342

You can see my stats here:

Judahs_Lion.png
  • soldier4242
    Options
    I made it through the 2-player mode in New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii without strangling my wife for knocking me down pits a jillion times.

Was she doing it on purpose?
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was teaching my little sister who was four at the time (now 8) how to play LFD2. Course she was just spinning in circles screaming "DIE!" I redirected down the next hall on the mall level and a hunter sprung outta no where. Mid jump she took him out with a head shot and got an achievement I was busting my *kitten* trying to get. lol My brother and me went crazy with excitement and she asked "Does that mean I'm cool like you now?" Was never prouder in my life.
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Yes little girl that does mean you are cool like us now. We are actually obligated to get you some ice cream now so go get your shoes on.
  • TheFabTam
    Options
    Yes little girl that does mean you are cool like us now. We are actually obligated to get you some ice cream now so go get your shoes on.

Thats exactly what happened. Now her and my five year old nephew beat me on COD. They always laugh and say "Tam Tam went Bam Bam"
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I can beat contra and super contra without dying.

epic.
  • soldier4242
    Options

Thats exactly what happened. Now her and my five year old nephew beat me on COD. They always laugh and say "Tam Tam went Bam Bam"

That is where my competitive side would come out. I would just kill her over and over say "Look who just went bam bam now *****!!"
    I am kidding of course but its funny to think about. It reminds me of when Dave Chappell had his own show and he was playing video games with a kid that has cancer. If you haven't seen it check it out because it was hilarious.
  • TheFabTam
    Options

That is where my competitive side would come out. I would just kill her over and over say "Look who just went bam bam now *****!!"
    I am kidding of course but its funny to think about. It reminds me of when Dave Chappell had his own show and he was playing video games with a kid that has cancer. If you haven't seen it check it out because it was hilarious.

I have seen it. lol guess Im too nice to the next generation. Hard to put em in their place when they get so excited when they frag me. Its just too cute to win. lol
  • soldier4242
    Options

I have seen it. lol guess Im too nice to the next generation. Hard to put em in their place when they get so excited when they frag me. Its just too cute to win. lol

Oh I'm no different I was just trying to be funny. :)
  • Shikonneko
    Options

This. Holy balls this. Though I'm the wife in this case but believe me... it's soooo frustrating on this side of the coin too. :(
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Ok I just did a new one last night. In L4D2 I was on a team that wasn't all the great playing against a team that wasn't all that great otherwise I may not have gotten away with this. I managed to get vomit on 19 people in one round. For people that know the game that is almost unheard of.

There are only 4 people in the group so the most you can get in one booming is 4.

The boomer normally dies in the process so you have to hope to spawn as a boomer again in order to get a shot at another 4.
    I managed to get away so much I had 10 before my first boomer even died.

Now when you vomit on a victim it temporarily clouds their vision and the other members of your team will normally capitalize on this and as a result the humans end up dying before you can rack up the ridiculous number of 19. In fact one good booming of 4 can be enough to kill the group if the situation is right.

Well my team was not doing a great job of taking advantage of all the vomiting I was doing. In fact I think I actually incapped them with the shear volume of zombies I was pelting the group with. Because of that I was actually able to rack up the unrealistic number vomit victims. I have never gotten that many before and I doubt I will ever pull that off again.