Progress Photos

Options

Replies

• caseys29
    caseys29 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've only lost a couple of pounds in the last month, which kills my motivation, but I just tried on a pair of jeans my husband bought for me two years ago and they buttoned, despite not buttoning last month at the same weight! They're still a little tight to wear (hello, muffin top!) but not much longer! They say you can't put on muscle in a deficit, but obviously something good is happening!

null_zps37baa146.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Current progress photos:

June2014frontcomparison_zps955c17a5.jpg

June2014sidecomparison_zps8ddd13e4.jpg

June2014backcomparison_zpsa70133e6.jpg
  • caleo2006
    caleo2006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wowza! You are looking fabulous! ????
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options

i'm also a roller derby player, i skate 3-5 times a week (1000-1500 cals per practice)

What kind of tracker do you use? How long are your practices? When I skated, even during our 3 hour practices, I was only around 800 calories (I was over 200lbs). Even when we did almost all endurance with minimal breaks.

We had some visiting skaters when a skater from from Boston led practice and at the end one of them held up her tracker and announced that we'd all just burned 1500 calories. I checked mine and I was at 600.

I'm not calling you out/saying you're wrong. I'm just interested in, and slightly confused about calorie trackers/HRMs and how they could be so vastly different!
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    auddii: WOW!!! that is really amazing, congrats and keep going you look fabulous! Your back has gotten so small and strong!! I'm impressed! :flowerforyou:
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've only lost a couple of pounds in the last month, which kills my motivation, but I just tried on a pair of jeans my husband bought for me two years ago and they buttoned, despite not buttoning last month at the same weight! They're still a little tight to wear (hello, muffin top!) but not much longer! They say you can't put on muscle in a deficit, but obviously something good is happening!

null_zps37baa146.jpg

Woohoo go you! :)
    I had almost the same thought today!
    the scale has slowed down soo much as time has progressed and after I have been doing SL, which isn't as motivating.
    But today wearing my skinny jeans I noticed they are now beginning to feel loose in the waist and look a bit more baggy and wrinkled in the legs! and I know that if I stick to it, I will eventually be buying a new pair.

I think while it can be de-motivating when the scale slows a bit, to me it's just as important to regularly seek and acknowledge these little accomplishments to keep the motivation going :) measuring and taking and looking at progress pics help me in those times. As well as trying on old items in my wardrobe (like dresses that were too small to wear, or that baggy black poncho I wore cause it was the only thing I felt confident in when bigger etc)
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    After 2 months of lifting altogether (the last 6 weeks of it was StrongLifts 5x5) it is about time to post some progress pics:

compare1_zps29332d54.jpg
    compare2_zps7ab84b65.jpg
    compare3_zps93385033.jpg
    compare4_zps6469a623.jpg

ETA, so I am less than 14 lbs. from my goal of 130, but I am thinking I might have to aim more toward the lower end to get to where I want to be. I am 5' 2", right now I weigh 143.8, ideal weight range for my height and medium frame is 118-132, what do you guys think?
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and right now weigh 148 to give you some perspective. :)

bgd890.jpg
  • perseverance14
    Options
    I tried it with the "direct link" option, and the pictures work but they're too big. Can you resize?
    You can edit in photobucket and go to resize in the top toolbar.
  • perseverance14
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and right now weigh 148 to give you some perspective. :)

bgd890.jpg
    How long have you been lifting, also what size frame are you? I am medium frame. Also I think I am a bit more muscular, compare our stomachs, and you have more in the boobs department. I can tell you when I was 120 in high school I was skinny, so I am thinking something around that, 120, 125, do not know if I will be happy at 130 but will find out when I get there.
  • suremeansyes
    Options
    How long have you been lifting, also what size frame are you? I am medium frame. Also I think I am a bit more muscular, compare our stomachs, and you have more in the boobs department. I can tell you when I was 120 in high school I was skinny, so I am thinking something around that, 120, 125, do not know if I will be happy at 130 but will find out when I get there.

Lifting since end of April, small frame according to wrist/height measurements. I'm a 32DDD as of now.

I am aiming more for bf% than actual weight, because I know I am going to be high on the bmi chart regardless, because of all the muscle I have on my frame.
  • perseverance14
    Options

Lifting since end of April, small frame according to wrist/height measurements. I'm a 32DDD as of now.

I am aiming more for bf% than actual weight, because I know I am going to be high on the bmi chart regardless, because of all the muscle I have on my frame.
    I have been lifting since the end of April too. It is hard to compare if we have different frame sizes, then there is also body type, which depends on your torso (long, medium, short) I am medium on that one too. I think it is going to be a lower weight for me to be at the body fat % I want, and I am also going by that, but I am trying to get a handle on what weight I will be to get there, I mean you do lose weight to lose body fat unless you gain muscle, but even if I have some newbie muscle gains, it can't be a lot in a deficit. I already weigh less than you and I have bigger frame, just goes to show even if you are the same height, there are other variables to consider. I can't hide fat at all, if I have it, it shows, so I am thrilled to see the fat leaving in all the places it was always so hard to get rid of it from, weight lifting rocks.
  • suremeansyes
    Options
    I am aiming for 135 which will put me at 22% body fat if I put on just one more pound of muscle. Then the cutting of 12 pounds of fat. Ugh. lol
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    @perseverance, I'm medium frame at 151 pounds at 5'3", here's a pic from when I was at 149.

04-02-14273BF149pounds.jpg

I'm also going by body fat instead of weight, right now I'm around 27% and I'm looking to get under 20%. According to all of the calculators I've checked, I should be under 20% right around 130-135 pounds.

Hopefully that helps!
  • suremeansyes
    Options
    It's nice to see other short girls that don't weigh 115 pounds! lol

Here are updated progress pics with June in there. From the front I feel like it looks as if I put on weight from May to June, but from the side it doesn't. Idk. I try not to nitpick every little thing.

14499003312_746226b817.jpg
    14313585528_20bdd979e9.jpg
  • hnsaunde
    Options
    It's nice to see other short girls that don't weigh 115 pounds! lol

Here are updated progress pics with June in there. From the front I feel like it looks as if I put on weight from May to June, but from the side it doesn't. Idk. I try not to nitpick every little thing.

14499003312_746226b817.jpg
    14313585528_20bdd979e9.jpg

Your front June pic is taken a little closer, so that's maybe why you see that? I don't see it btw.

Also, great progress on the side pictures, you can really see the butt lift and the thinness around your waist, and looks like you're getting more shoulder definition too. Great work!

ETA: also different lighting, you had a light spot on your May picture around your tummy, and it wasn't there on the June pic. I often have lighting issues when I'm taking comparison pics, drives me crazy!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Has anyone here lost weight, ended up flabby, and then managed to put on enough muscle not to be flabby anymore? I'm sure being 53, which I am, doesn't help.
  • hnsaunde
    Options
    Has anyone here lost weight, ended up flabby, and then managed to put on enough muscle not to be flabby anymore? I'm sure being 53, which I am, doesn't help.

I was skinny fat at ~140 pounds, and then I bulked up to 160 pounds while doing strength training. I'm still strength training and working my way down to ~140 again (currently around 151), but here's the comparison pics below:

Feb-2012-to-June-2014.png

Admittedly I'm not the best example, especially considering my old pics are grainy, and I still have a ways to go, but the progress is definitely there. I expect to be a lot less flabby and have curves in all the right places the next time I reach ~140 pounds.

ETA: You could try a recomp, where you eat at maintenance and lift, and you'll start to see small changes that way, but it takes a long time. I've been told that cut/bulk cycles work faster, but as you bulk, you put on both muscle and fat at the same time.

ETA 2: There are also ladies in this group that are MUCH better examples than I am :)

ETA 3: Read this, she's one of my many, many inspirations on here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Achrya/view/so-this-is-goal-weight-642107
  • suremeansyes
    Options
    @rugbyplayer85 Giiiiirrrrrlll, look at them booty gains. ;)
  • hnsaunde
    Options
    @rugbyplayer85 Giiiiirrrrrlll, look at them booty gains. ;)

Thanks! I carry my weight mostly on my stomach, so I've been seeing some great results in my booty, legs and back. It's keeping me going!