Progress Photos

Options

Replies

• Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    ah, here they are! :-) Great progress, you can really be proud!

@rugby Oh, wow, that´s also awesome!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Love your arm definition, Stef!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to put up some of my more recent photos. Last fall I was having issues with low blood sugar, and so I was eating all the foods and not caring. After finally "getting back to it" this spring, it took a few months for me to actually start hitting my calorie target, so my weight was stagnated for a while. It's finally moving again though.

April2014frontcomparison_zps9d5e82a5.jpg

April2014sidecomparison_zps857d46ba.jpg

April2014backcomparison_zps716b84b8.jpg
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow, really great work! Congrats!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Inspiring - great work all.

I have been doing progressive load lifting for some time and I want to do a program like strong lifts however I only have access to dumb bells. They are a full range that go up to 85 lbs, but still only dumb bells. I have been doing squats (holding the dumb bells at my sides and going down as low as I can - the weights almost touch the floor, also holding them on my shoulders as well as holding a single dumb bell at chest height - elbows come down in-between thighs) which all seem to be okay. The bench press and overhead press are fine. I have watched the videos and have attempted deadlifts... but I don't know if A) I am doing it right and B) if it is effective...

I also work out alone... how can I know that the deadlifts are correct and effective? Any help or advise would be appreciated. I'd love to be able to post some photos here of my progress! :)

Thank you ladies!
  • caseys29
    caseys29 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So, these aren't the best comparison pictures, as I'm wearing a sports bra in the first, which is squishing everything and I'm not holding my arm out, but the first picture is from November when I weighed 291 and the second is from today, at 254.

11-15-13_zps30d37a46.jpg
    null_zps24f1b7fa.jpg

I know I'm probably going to end up with loose skin on my arms, especially on my triceps and I really don't like my upper arms right now, but I like the way my shoulders, traps, and collar bone area are starting to look.

I started dieting and doing cardio in October and I started lifting at the end of November.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    So, these aren't the best comparison pictures, as I'm wearing a sports bra in the first, which is squishing everything and I'm not holding my arm out, but the first picture is from November when I weighed 291 and the second is from today, at 254.

11-15-13_zps30d37a46.jpg
    null_zps24f1b7fa.jpg

I know I'm probably going to end up with loose skin on my arms, especially on my triceps and I really don't like my upper arms right now, but I like the way my shoulders, traps, and collar bone area are starting to look.

I started dieting and doing cardio in October and I started lifting at the end of November.

Fixed it for you :smile: I can see the change...great work! It takes a lot of patience with weight lifting, I've found.
  • caseys29
    Options
    Thanks, wolfsbayne! I just went to read the photo posting tutorial to figure out what I did wrong, but you were much faster!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    the IMG s need to be lower case. that's all :)
  • caseys29
    Options
    Aha, thank you! I'm used to just copying the code straight out of Photobucket and pasting it in other forums without having to change anything. :)
  • lax2luv
    lax2luv Posts: 4
    Options
    Back progress...

image_zps036fa734.jpg
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Back progress...

image_zps036fa734.jpg

That's awesome, you're really showing some definition there!
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Not much difference from April to May, but I am thinking there will be a nice difference when I take pics in June.

Bn3ow1PCYAABlo9.jpg

ETA: About a 5 pound loss between March to May. :)
  • caseys29
    Options
    Not much difference from April to May, but I am thinking there will be a nice difference when I take pics in June.

Bn3ow1PCYAABlo9.jpg

Awesome progress! You look great!
  • FeebaLeeba
    FeebaLeeba Posts: 7
    Options
    FANTASTIC!:smile:
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Congrats all of you! Im starting this program next week! I look forward to my results ;)
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options

Bn3ow1PCYAABlo9.jpg

We have a very similar shape and I'd call that a big difference! Look at that midsection! :)

I'll be posting my own progress pics when I hit 132lbs/60kg... Hopefully it won't take long. Meanwhile, I'll be lurking for inspiration. You're all awesome :wink:
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    These are my 1 year mfp progress pics--a loss of about 8 lbs and 7 months of lifting (starting in September 2013) with primary focus being lower body. I don't do a ton of upper body because my hobbies take care of that. :smile:

OneyearcomparsionMay2013-2013.jpg

[img]http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee322/jivete/Lifting progress/SideComparsionMay2013-2014.jpg[/img]
  • getskinnybitch2014
    Options
    2 years ago i was 136 lbs, my goal was 132lbs
    i started going to the gym, lots of cardio, core work, i gained inches and 10 lbs

i took an angry break (WHICH BTW i stayed the same size>)

a year ago i found out i couldn't eat dairy, so thats gone
    i eat minimal sodium, drink lots of water, no fast food, no processed food
    been going to the gym more (same routine cardio about 300 cals worth of it then some leg and core work)
    hot yoga and reg yoga a few times a month
    i'm also a roller derby player, i skate 3-5 times a week (1000-1500 cals per practice)

i still have NOT lost any weight, no inches, nothing

SOOOOOO frustrated and defeated, i'm trying again. but this time with more weight lifting
    counting my cals (i barely take in 1200 most days anyways)

please dont judge my baby belly, i was 209lbs when i had my son, he's now 7 and that apperently is left with me forever.
    i have horrible self esteem, clearly, and i've always had issues with my appearance.. (thanks mom and dad)

anyways, here it goes

EDIT

anyways, my photo i guess wont load on here.. so yeah, theres that

66585369.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    2 years ago i was 136 lbs, my goal was 132lbs
    i started going to the gym, lots of cardio, core work, i gained inches and 10 lbs

i took an angry break (WHICH BTW i stayed the same size>)

a year ago i found out i couldn't eat dairy, so thats gone
    i eat minimal sodium, drink lots of water, no fast food, no processed food
    been going to the gym more (same routine cardio about 300 cals worth of it then some leg and core work)
    hot yoga and reg yoga a few times a month
    i'm also a roller derby player, i skate 3-5 times a week (1000-1500 cals per practice)

i still have NOT lost any weight, no inches, nothing

SOOOOOO frustrated and defeated, i'm trying again. but this time with more weight lifting
    counting my cals (i barely take in 1200 most days anyways)

please dont judge my baby belly, i was 209lbs when i had my son, he's now 7 and that apperently is left with me forever.
    i have horrible self esteem, clearly, and i've always had issues with my appearance.. (thanks mom and dad)

anyways, here it goes

EDIT

anyways, my photo i guess wont load on here.. so yeah, theres that
    Welcome! Don't panic!
    Weight training and counting calories... works. You just need to find your own balance, which will involve some trial and error.
    All you need is a reasonable calorie deficit (1200 is probably very low for you), some strength training and optional cardio. And lots of patience.
    Please take some time to read this post, which will help you more than you can imagine: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Feel free to ask for advice, we're a nice family :flowerforyou: