Big & Tall People, UNITE!

Options
CapnDonkey
CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
Are you longing for a group where the profile pics are not all supermodels? Do you want advice that has worked for people like you? People who have been BIG. Over 6 feet tall and over 300lbs? Join us! Join us as we motivate each other to get in the best shape we can, any way we can.

We know what it's like to not be able to just "go out and run a mile" or "sit on a bicycle comfortably" and in some cases "walk up stairs without getting winded". We've all started somewhere. We know where we're going. Let's motivate each other on our unique journey from Fat to Fit.

No offense to them, they've done incredible things with their fitness, but I don't need some 5'7", 175lb person who has never weighed over 200 lbs telling me the "secret" of weight loss. I want the guy who was 400lbs, and worked his *kitten* down to 225lbs to tell me what I need to know.

So join me, my brothers and sisters.

Let's do this.

Replies

• bigmike1712
    bigmike1712 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 years old and 6ft3

Today i got some super heavy duty scales in the post and found out what i had been dreading for ten years.......my real weight!!
    I weighed 565 lbs (over 40 stone for Uk readers) thing is, this isn't a shock. I know i have neglected my body for the last 6 years and done nothing about it

I joined this site over a month ago and have been sticking to a 2000-2500 calorie meal plan and if i have gone over my recommended calories i've tried to make it up by handbiking for longer. I have thrown out all the bad foods and quit drinking Coke,

I handbike for 70+ mins a day and have just this week started to make myself walk a mile a day not a lot i know, but for 4+ years I probably haven't walked a mile in a day

I just want to feel good again, for the last two years I have become somewhat of a recluse, stopped going out socializing etc etc
    Anyways thats my story, today has been a rough day but i haven't fell off the wagon (yet)

Big Mike

feel free to add me or message me as i like to be social and also to be told where i have gone wrong with my food plan, as atm i'm basically having cereal in the morning and then a lot of turkey and mushrooms, as i'm shocking at cooking
  • CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome, sir. I myself am 6'2", 322lbs. Started this whole journey at 380, started MFP at 356. Stay active, count your calories, drink your water. That's working for me so far. I have been using reddit's lose it and fitness subreddits for workout and food ideas, maybe it will help others?
  • Xeyro
    Xeyro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll join up. I was 322 in college, dropped to 209, but then stupidly gained almost all of it back. Now at 35 I'm on my way back down again, but it sure was a lot easier to lose when I was 23!
  • bads1
    bads1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm 6' 3" - 368 lbs currently, down from about 380. I've been a lurker on this site for a long time, even spurts of logging my food. First post.

Most of my loss has come from simply watching what I put in my mouth. My best results came last year when I specifically watched my carb count, keeping it at about 60 grams per meal, as I made it down to about 358 in 3 months. My son was then born, priorities changed. Now, I’m changing them again, so I can run around with him as he starts to walk.
  • Its_All_Gongfu
    Its_All_Gongfu Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! 6'-4", 326 this morning..

...Just started this thing, and frankly, haven't done too well.

That changes NOW. :explode:
  • dactonaw
    dactonaw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 6'10 and I was 345 before I started losing weight. I am glad to see others out here like me.
  • dactonaw
    dactonaw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I found it easiest to lose the weight and keep my mind off food by just keeping myself busy, and on the rare occasion I couldn't do that I did some exercise then "rewarded" myself with a 100 calorie or less snack. I know it is hard, but I hope that can help.
  • ryan0815
    ryan0815 Posts: 6
    Options
    i'm ryan 31 6'ft weighing in at 322LBS!!! you can count me on this one im tired of the little people telling me how to lose my baby fat. i could use some support from guys in our weight class. Add me if you want.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm Tony 5'11 382lbs last time I weighed. Started Insanity last week. So far i'm still alive.
  • Djmorand
    Djmorand Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey brothers!

I have been off and on this fitness thing, I have made it down from 530 originally to 405 now. I'm 6'1" Still working on it, my wife found this group and suggested I take a look so here I am.

My name is Dave btw, some call me Big Dave or Big D.
  • nick64quandry
    nick64quandry Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ok i dont feel bad being so short my name is nick morgan 48 and 6 foot well 5'11 now i am always looking for friends
  • megamac33
    megamac33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    im 6' 3'' 281lbs at my highest i was 330, my goal is 240 and beyond, i just wanna feel good about myself, and get on my fav roller coasters again and keep up with my son who will be a year and a half old soon, i have already found alot of inspiration here, so feel free to add me as a friend as well
  • jldad
    jldad Posts: 10
    Options
    Count me In guys

I'm 6-2 and somewhere around 400. I go to the Dr tomorrow for my official weigh-in. I've been on MFP for a week now and I've found this to be the easiest thing to do keep control of my food intake and to keep me accountable. I currently have a group of 6 close friends and my wife who have all joined MFP to lose weight but none of them are even close to where I am. Three of the guys and I are getting together weekly to discuss the book "GET OFF THE COUCH" by Steve Reynolds. Back in 1999 I weighed 335 and lost 100lb. Since then I've gained it all back and plus more. Its time to take control. Add me and we can follow each others progress.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'11" and weigh 181 but I've been up to 220 ):
    Everyone calls me amazon women and I really really need some support can I stay and be a cheerleader pretty pretty pretty please?
    *bats eyelashes and pouts*
  • timothymoore7982
    Options
    Hello Everyone my name is Tim, I am 5'11-6'0 at this time last year I weighed 370 lbs. Sunday I was 324.8. I stopped losing weight for about 6 months because of depression. I started again on Sunday and weighed myself and I am 316.4, I do about 1200-1500 calories a day and I walk every morning about 2 miles, today I did 1. My goal is too be under 300 by mother's day. this journey is rough, motivation I find is the hardest thing for me
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Re posting what I posted in the other topic:

Dang lots of motivation in here, and I like seeing how other big guys are losing weight. I'm 5' 11" 401lbs, started at 445lbs 9 months ago. Having trouble dropping the weight, and not sure why cause I've been in deficit the whole time. I workout with a personal trainer 3x a week, now 4x. Do 30 minutes of Cardio and 30 minutes of weight lifting each session. I was eating at about 2300-2400 calories, since dropped to 1800-2000 the last few weeks to see if it makes a difference. I'm lucky to lose 1lb a week over 9months. Seeing the doctor today for blood results to see if I got something (else) medical going on that's slowing my weight loss.

But I have lost 90 inches, and I'm getting so much stronger!

My Story and Progress w/pic can be read here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Arkhos/view/my-story-and-progress-so-far-516867

My MACROS over the last 9 months are summarized here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Arkhos/view/my-macros-over-9-months-what-do-you-see-516993
  • FishingGuy75
    FishingGuy75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I say we make an exception for Red!
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I say we make an exception for Red!

I LIKE HIM! (:
  • CW2OBX
    CW2OBX Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Trey. I am 6'3 and 327 pounds. I have always been bigger than everyone else and starting to get tired of it. This is my second time around for my fitness pal and a three time user of weight watchers but this time is different. Five months ago my son was born so I have to get this done. The one glaring problem is that I do not get a lot of support from my wife. She stills bring in junk food. Kinda hard to keep on track when she is sitting there eating chocolate chip cookies and I am having green tea for nightly snacks. So here I go again with the life change.
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'11" and weigh 181 but I've been up to 220 ):
    Everyone calls me amazon women and I really really need some support can I stay and be a cheerleader pretty pretty pretty please?
    *bats eyelashes and pouts*

She mentioned Tardis, and her pic looks hot, so I approve :tongue: