Big & Tall People, UNITE!

Options

Replies

• Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm only 5'11" and weigh 181 but I've been up to 220 ):
    Everyone calls me amazon women and I really really need some support can I stay and be a cheerleader pretty pretty pretty please?
    *bats eyelashes and pouts*

She mentioned Tardis, and her pic looks hot, so I approve :tongue:

If ya cool with the Doctor, ya cool with me
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Aww. I <3 you guys! (:
  • CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ok, so tall, pretty girl approved. Welcome! Glad to have you.

Trey, I hear you brother. My wife doesn't count her calories.(she is working out and eating better) She brings home food for dinner that she has to know I won't eat. I used to tie my fitness to hers. USED TO. Now, if she wants to stay in bed and sleep instead of going to the gym, I go without her. (note that I quantified AND SLEEP. Other reasons to stay in bed are always taken under review). I count my calories every day, and stay between 1200-1300 with at least 150g of bro-tein to keep me swole. I lift heavy 4 days a week, and cardio every day. I don't specifically eat paleo, but that's kinda where I'm at. Salads, veggies, chicken, beef, turkey, and not a whole lot of carbs. I don't single carbs out, I just see how calorie dense they are, and I don't choose them. You can do this on your own. Would I rather my wife be right alongside me? Yes. yes I would. But now we have each other.

And FireEngineRedHead! Don't forget there is a hot girl here now cheering all us big guys on.

LET'S DO IT FOR HER.

The weight loss. I definitely mean the weight loss.
  • CW2OBX
    CW2OBX Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Capn. Makes it a little better knowing someone is going through the same thing.
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    No worries, man. I'm 36. Any other old men on this board?
  • bigmike1712
    bigmike1712 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, which i guess makes me over 25 and therefore old haha

It's good to know that people around my size are losing weight (maybe not as quick as we want) but are losing inches and getting fitter

I totally hear you on the lifting front, people are always amazed at how us big guys can lift big amounts with relative ease

Finally, I discovered today, the joys of egg white omelettes. I can't believe how nice they are for such little calories
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, which i guess makes me over 25 and therefore old haha

It's good to know that people around my size are losing weight (maybe not as quick as we want) but are losing inches and getting fitter

I totally hear you on the lifting front, people are always amazed at how us big guys can lift big amounts with relative ease

Finally, I discovered today, the joys of egg white omelettes. I can't believe how nice they are for such little calories

Mmm eggs are delicious if made right! I eat 4 egg whites + 2 yolks (whole eggs) and grits almost everyday per my trainer. For some odd reason I can never get them to taste right when I make it at home... maybe I need new cookware :laugh:

and I'm 38 and I'm NOT old!! I can't be, I'm just starting my real life... :wink:
  • FireEngineRedHead
    Options
    amusing_cheerleader_gifs_01.gif
    Go team!
  • bads1
    bads1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good graphics Red! I'm 35.
  • megamac33
    megamac33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    im 30
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    Killed it in the gym today. In fact, I've killed it all week. hour in the gym each day, and 1300 calories or less each day. hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.
  • megamac33
    Options
    hell yes, ive been good all week and lost a few lbs, time for a reward beer or 3 tonight, while staying under my calories= bonus
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    I know I'm knocking back a few tonight. RED, that's cool, right?
  • CW2OBX
    CW2OBX Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thought I was doing horrible tonight. Hung out with my son today and tracked nothing. Did stay pretty healthy today but knock a few beers down tonight. Thought I really messed up but reading some post it looks like I am not the only beer drinker here. Going for jog tomorrow morning. Have a good night and be safe.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    Options
    I approve captain (:
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    Anybody else have a good weekend? I ran a final test run for my BBQ competition team, and the food turned out amazing. We are competition ready. I will be in Salisbury, MD this weekend cooking chicken, ribs, pulled pork, and brisket for a share of $12,000 in prizes. I also managed to lose another 3lbs this week. Got up and did leg day this morning. Rain stopped, sun's out, work is peaceful, and when you work in Tech Support, no news is GREAT news.

Hope all y'all are killing it this week!
  • bigmike1712
    bigmike1712 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Anybody else have a good weekend? I ran a final test run for my BBQ competition team, and the food turned out amazing. We are competition ready. I will be in Salisbury, MD this weekend cooking chicken, ribs, pulled pork, and brisket for a share of $12,000 in prizes. I also managed to lose another 3lbs this week. Got up and did leg day this morning. Rain stopped, sun's out, work is peaceful, and when you work in Tech Support, no news is GREAT news.

Hope all y'all are killing it this week!

A BBQ competition team, what the hell is this?

If only England had these type of things. i'd be all over it
  • megamac33
    Options
    I love BBQ! Its my favorite food, baby back ribs, brisket, and some Mac and cheese
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    Shame, Bigmike. My co worker and I started our own competition team in January. You travel to different cities, and compete against other teams. You are judged not only on taste, but appearance, and tenderness of the meat. You turn in chicken thighs, pork ribs, pulled pork, and brisket. Everything has to be cooked on coal or wood. No electric, no gas. Usually takes about 14-16 hours to get the brisket and pulled pork just right. It's a big comraderie thing, too. Lots of friends to be made in the BBQ world. Maybe you can start your own league!
  • Its_All_Gongfu
    Its_All_Gongfu Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No worries, man. I'm 36. Any other old men on this board?

Sheeeeet, sonny! I'm 52!...almost old enough to be your older brother (and to eat cheap old people breakfasts in diners) :drinker: