124»

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    - If he's been to jail... next
    - If he doesn't drive a full size truck... next
    - If he doesn't have a job... next
    - If he can't change his own oil... next

And I am with the girl about the jeans and a ball cap AND also with the person about being rude to wait staff!!

Full size truck is somewhat negotiable... I tend to have a thing for guys w/ 4WD jeeps... but otherwise I agree.
    You ladies have some strange priorities.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member

And I am with the girl about the jeans and a ball cap AND also with the person about being rude to wait staff!!

Full size truck is somewhat negotiable... I tend to have a thing for guys w/ 4WD jeeps... but otherwise I agree.

I would say the majority of my friends are way more impressed with a guy if he drives a pickup (as am I). Something about a big manly car. It seriously makes you so much hotter.

I used to drive a pickup and it was a good talking point with men, they were always like "Your truck is awesome!" "You drive a truck!"

My friend met this guy and didn't like him that much, but she goes, "I love his truck though..."
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member

Strange is relative. Note the thread topic - these are quick high-level easily observable things that are usually stereotypically indicative of deeper things. The ability to do what needs to be done to get me where I want to be... You must remember, I live in podunk rural nowheresville. 4WD is a near necessity in the winter if you want to get to family dinners, etc. On a less practical tangent, guys with these... 'skillsets' tend to have moral values more in line with what I am accustomed to...
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member

I would say the majority of my friends are way more impressed with a guy if he drives a pickup (as am I). Something about a big manly car. It seriously makes you so much hotter.

I used to drive a pickup and it was a good talking point with men, they were always like "Your truck is awesome!" "You drive a truck!"

My friend met this guy and didn't like him that much, but she goes, "I love his truck though..."

I got a small truck in college, and Immediately got exponential amounts of attention from ladies who like other ladies : ) Boyfriend hated it though.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    That picture of the **** is photoshopped, I'm about 90% sure.

But Christine, LOL, it's good to know that the guy can be an *kitten* cheater, but as long as he has "issues" and a big d*ck you'll be down to pound :laugh:

So long as he doesn't try to kiss you on the cheek on the first date? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • christine24t

But Christine, LOL, it's good to know that the guy can be an *kitten* cheater, but as long as he has "issues" and a big d*ck you'll be down to pound :laugh:

So long as he doesn't try to kiss you on the cheek on the first date? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's not photoshopped. He is well known for free balling...google it!!

And lol only Jon Hamm would be allowed to violate my morals.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Oh and working up half a chub for a photo op never hurts.

"half a chub" - what a fantastic saying - You've made my day!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511

I bet he does tons of blow and hookers from redbook.... he just has that look about him.
  • TheKitsune6

Sure... but that's an awful lot of detail to be seen through those pants. I don't doubt that lots of people go commando.
  • TheKitsune6
    Yeah, you can tell by the creases in the pants. That's definitely 'shopped.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    What the... I hope whoever he bangs has good insurance :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member

Who cares Kits?? I for one, am enjoying the view!! :laugh:
  • TheKitsune6

Who cares Kits?? I for one, am enjoying the view!! :laugh:

LOL okay then
  • Roadie2000

Strange is relative. Note the thread topic - these are quick high-level easily observable things that are usually stereotypically indicative of deeper things. The ability to do what needs to be done to get me where I want to be... You must remember, I live in podunk rural nowheresville. 4WD is a near necessity in the winter if you want to get to family dinners, etc. On a less practical tangent, guys with these... 'skillsets' tend to have moral values more in line with what I am accustomed to...
    Hey, whatever works for you. I just feel like I'll be happier in the long term if I choose someone based on more than the type of car they drive and how they dress. That's just me though.

Plus, I always assumed guys that drove full sized trucks (and didn't need it for work or anything like that) were just compensating for something else.
  • TheKitsune6

Hey, whatever works for you. I just feel like I'll be happier in the long term if I choose someone based on more than the type of car they drive and how they dress. That's just me though.

Plus, I always assumed guys that drove full sized trucks (and didn't need it for work or anything like that) were just compensating for something else.

I agree with Roadie. While these might be things that make me raise an eyebrow, I won't outright dismiss someone based on their clothes or car alone. Maybe if his personality stinks I'll "next" and say "and his PANTS WERE STUPID too!" but that's an "and" not a "because".
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member

Sure... but that's an awful lot of detail to be seen through those pants. I don't doubt that lots of people go commando.

Youd be surprised what shows through jeans.
  • christine24t

You know some of this is just fun, right? I'm sure if the person met the perfect man and he drove a Prius it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
  • Roadie2000
    You know some of this is just fun, right? I'm sure if the person met the perfect man and he drove a Prius it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
    Hey, what's wrong with a Prius? Why do you hate the environment?

Okay now I'm just teasing you. :flowerforyou:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    If they show biogotry or rasicsm of any kind- next
    If they hate music-Next
    If they cant carry on a semi-intellegent conversation-Next
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511

As long as it's not a smart car... those are just goofy.
  • TheKitsune6

Or a Fiat. Clown cars :/
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member

Or a Fiat. Clown cars :/

they look like old school roller skate for giants
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member

Am I the only lady here who really hates trucks? :ohwell:
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member

No. No you're not.

But I'm not a bacon fan either.

Although neither are an automatic NEXT.

However...

While I adore tattoos, a tattoo of the confederate flag across your chest = NEXT.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member

I am not a big fan of trucks either unless the guy works in a field that needs one but I have a soft spot for Jeeps. If I see a guy in a jeep with a large dog yeah I get moist.
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member

EXACTLY my point! I live in a very rural area which pretty much requires 4WD 6 months out of the year, so the truck thing is both praticle AND it shows the skill set, morals, and other personality traits that I am used to in a gentleman. I also own a truck AND I can change my own oil, so if a guy can't... it's kind of a turn off. I would never have a "requirement" that I can not meet myself.
  • Roadie2000

EXACTLY my point! I live in a very rural area which pretty much requires 4WD 6 months out of the year, so the truck thing is both praticle AND it shows the skill set, morals, and other personality traits that I am used to in a gentleman. I also own a truck AND I can change my own oil, so if a guy can't... it's kind of a turn off. I would never have a "requirement" that I can not meet myself.
    There are plenty of vehicles that have 4WD that aren't full size trucks. Also, what do morals and skillsets have to do with what kind of car they drive? I mean, I drive an Acura and I can change my own oil, rebuild an engine, build a shed, remodel a kitchen, you name it. I'm not trying to be difficult, I am really curious to your reasoning.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member

There are plenty of vehicles that have 4WD that aren't full size trucks. Also, what do morals and skillsets have to do with what kind of car they drive? I mean, I drive an Acura and I can change my own oil, rebuild an engine, build a shed, remodel a kitchen, you name it. I'm not trying to be difficult, I am really curious to your reasoning.

I agree with Roadie on this. I understand wanting the truck due to the area you live it but it says nothing about a guys skill sets, morals or other personality traits.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member

You sound like an urban handy-man, and that's great... but that doesn't necessarily translate to other environments. My family is very rural, and to 'mesh' with them, you'd need to be able to keep up with at least some of the family activities. Do you go hunting and fishing in your acura? Would you haul firewood in the trunk? Can you fit an ATV in the back (or have a hitch to pull it on a trailer)? These are all 'accoutrements' of a lifestyle led by every member of my family. It's not something I deal with on a daily basis, but it is important enough to have on the list of things to look for.
  • Roadie2000

You sound like an urban handy-man, and that's great... but that doesn't necessarily translate to other environments. My family is very rural, and to 'mesh' with them, you'd need to be able to keep up with at least some of the family activities. Do you go hunting and fishing in your acura? Would you haul firewood in the trunk? Can you fit an ATV in the back (or have a hitch to pull it on a trailer)? These are all 'accoutrements' of a lifestyle led by every member of my family. It's not something I deal with on a daily basis, but it is important enough to have on the list of things to look for.
    Well, I generally hunt out of a tree stand and fish from a boat, but it will tow an ATV or a small boat. It would probably haul a decent supply of firewood too, but I'd probably just get it delivered :wink:

I do realize what you're saying now though. I grew up doing all that stuff, I just always had SUVs instead of trucks. More space for my dog and my gear without it getting soaked if it rained.