The Green Team Loft !

Options

Replies

• UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Hi Green Team+
    I just got access to the internet and had to surf by ;-)
    You are doing great, congrats on all your losses!!

I looked at the spreadsheet and added my weight from friday - don£t know why it was not saved then...
    (ups, sorry, there is a rather strange keyboard on this computer)

Have a great day!

I had a problem with my weight disappearing at one point. I am hoping nobody is messing around.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,965 Member
    Options
    format

4/7 sessions of exercise :
    1 session of something new - let us know what :
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days :
    7xbreakfast :
    recipe - :

Here's the format for this week, lets kick some booty! Gooo. Dream Team!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    4/7 sessions of exercise : 3/7 ..... Treadmill, walk, run
    1 session of something new - let us know what : strength training w/ kettlebell
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days :
    7xbreakfast : Tues-Thurs
    recipe - :

Here's the format for this week, lets kick some booty! Gooo. Dream Team!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,136 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I am back, and had a great time with my sister! We went to a concert (she plays in an amateur orchestra) and to the opera, I visited some museums, and all in all had a great and very relaxing time.

Now it is back to work... and to focus again on losing weight! I have to work hard to make up for the time I was away. Well, I walked around very much, so I am counting this as two day's cardio training. And I have breakfast every day, I coul not function without it, so some of the challenges are already on track.

4/7 sessions of exercise: 2/4 done
    1 session of something new - let us know what: ---
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days: ---
    7x breakfast: 4/7 done
    recipe: ---

I am sorry that we already lost 2 members... so with us few remaining, let's go on!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Glad you had a good time Maalea.

I am really am enjoying this group. I need the challenges to spur me on and like you, some are no problem, such as breakfast every day and exercise x4. I've dug my elliptical out and hope to do 30 mins every day from now on ( fingers crossed)

I don't look very elegant doing the bicycle crunches but who cares??. Not sure about the breakfast recipe though - nobody wants to see a bowl of weetabix ! Shall try to pretty up my porridge by cutting up the banana elegantly!!

Ok onward! More exercise and away from the temptations of the kitchen.....

Go Green Team, we can do this!
  • Maalea
    Options
    Hehe - I thought something similar about my breakfast - it is usually some bread or cereal, not very exciting... I'll have to add something elegant, too :wink:
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I just received my Fitbit one so that's helping stay focus, yay! I love the fact it actually wakes me for my morning workout! I need to get into a habit of even when I don't work, weekends move move move!

Also trying new recipes helps keep my menu fresh! :) I tried an egg bake for breakfast, love love it!

Glad you had a good time Maalea, also! I can't wait in July we are driving along the coast, camping for a couple weeks!

Lets get the job done, Dream Team!
  • Maalea
    Options
    Saturday evening, and here is my progress so far:

4/7 sessions of exercise: 4/4 done
    1 session of something new - let us know what: I did a new pilates workout
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days: 90/135
    7x breakfast: 6/7 done
    recipe: ---

So tomorrow I have to post the breakfast and do another 45 bicycle crunches. At the moment I have a cold, but I hope tomorrow is better.
  • Maalea
    Options
    Still feeling not so good, but I did manage to post my breakfast and do the remaining bicycle crunches :-)

4/7 sessions of exercise: 4/4 done
    1 session of something new - let us know what: I did a new pilates workout
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days: 135/135
    7x breakfast: 7/7 done
    recipe: done

Since TOM is here now, I fear I won't have a loss with my weigh-in tomorrow, but at least I did all of the challenges :-)

How have you been doing? Hope you all had a good weekend!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hiya Green Dream team,
    Sunday evening and it's been an interesting week!

4-7 sessions of exercise Done
    1 session of something new - rhythm boxing on wii fit. Done
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days - 135 not elegant and with a lot of groaning. Done
    7xbreakfast - no problem as I always have breakfast otherwise I'd never last till lunch! Done
    recipe - posted the not very exciting mushrooms and egg on toast. Done

Weighed and pleasantly surprised at 2.9lbs loss.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    2muchchocncrisps, nice loss, yay! Tom came early, boo :( but least I didn't gain!
  • Maalea
    Options
    Congrats on your losses!

As I thought, I gained :-( 182.7, +0.6 lbs... could have been worse, with vacation and TOM, but still :-(
  • Maalea
    Options
    Hi everyone,

did you see the new challenges?

For each there is 1 lb advantage (plus another one for the person with the most crunches/squats/pushups, and plus 1 lb for the best recipe):

-) 4/7 sessions of exercise
    -) 1 session of something special - let us know what
    -) 135 Crunches 135 squats 135 push ups - spread in 3 days
    -) 7x your 5 a day foods
    -) recipe with 2 of the 5 servings of fruit/veggies

-) and plus 1 lb for the most motivating person in the group - we have to vote!

So, make sure that you post here often :wink:

I am going to kick some *kitten* this week - I want to finally lose some lbs and keep them away!
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi lovelies,

Wow what a commitment from all of you !!! I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our third week challenge !!!! Have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

max 8 lbs

Exercise
    1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do at least 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! I know its getting harder to come up with something new :-)) ... so don't worry too much it can be anything interesting unusual - special you would like to share :-))

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard in 0 challenge :-) and since I went to work last week I repeated it 2x and love it :-))

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

so this week we will concentrate on abs and booty and upper body strength !!! And main challenge Crunch and squats

At least 135 squats and 135 crunches spreaded in 3 days and as new exercise try 135 push ups again spreaded in at least 3 days

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most BUT DON'T OVER DO

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK 2 FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASIC ( I think we will always keep it basic ) ! Let's take this week to focus on 5 A DAY and cooking and preparing dish with veg and/or fruit - let other inspire you with their choices and recipes ! I know from looking into diaries - there is so many of you skipping it , but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on this is not good for us.

there is NO excuse girls and having 7x your 5 a DAY is the only way to get 1 lbs advantage (sorry there is only medical excuse not to have a fruit /veg - please let me know if you need exception)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips. I hope you got inspired with fish recipes and will keep eating 2x a week fish or other meals that include omega-3 fatty acids as a highlight. And I hope breakfast is your meal for ever .

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 3. It will run from today may6th - may 13th . I need the pictures and ingredients of 1 dish you were having this week for yourself. It has to have at least 2 portion of 5 a day . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation .

You must send picture + recipe here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/980731-cooking-preparing-food-challenge-5-a-day

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 3 weigh in and everyone who post picture will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something special - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    135 Crunches 135 squats 135 push ups - spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do all + extra 1 lbs for person with most of all
    7x your 5 a day foods - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe

1 last lb is for person who motivates you the most in your team . This person is going to be voted by other members of team.
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    UglyPlantBasedKitchen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been sick as a dog but today I pushed myself and did 35 minutes of walking plus 35 push ups, 35 squats, and 35 crunches. I then added with lunges and bicycle crunches. I feel horrible but am so happy I was able to squeeze in a small workout.
  • Maalea
    Options
    That's great, you are really dedicated!
    I still have a cold, although it is getting better. I try to fit in some walking, but it is hard to do much more.
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Not sure if I will get much in today. I am feelings worse then yesterday. I have a chest infection.
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Has anyone heard anything about week 2 results?
  • Maalea
    Options
    No, I think there are no results yet.

Aphrodite - I hope you will get better soon! Just take care of yourself and don't try to do too much too soon! :flowerforyou:

Jackie - you too! I am so glad there were no lasting effects, but do take care and follow the doctor's orders and don't overdo it! Hope you have a speedy recovery! :flowerforyou:

I am over my cold, thankfully, and started to work on my balcony today - I am not finished yet, but well on my way to get it ready for the warm season.

I am a bit behind with this week's challenges:
    -) 4/7 sessions of exercise: 2 or 3 (depends on whether gardening counts)
    -) 1 session of something special: gardening
    -) 135 Crunches 135 squats 135 push ups - spread in 3 days: none yet
    -) 7x your 5 a day foods: good so far
    -) recipe with 2 of the 5 servings of fruit/veggies: non yet

How are all the others in the group doing?
  • Maalea
    Options
    Good morning everybody!
    Hope you'll have a nice weekend!