MFP Grand Tour Cycling Challenge - Discussion/Signup Thread

Options

Replies

• cyclenut64
    cyclenut64 Posts: 154
    Options
    I logged my commute on the 13, TBY should I delete it? Would have been a good day to take off but I needed to get my truck to work so my only option was to do an evening commute on Monday (otherwise no ride on tuesday). I hate that I always need a motorized vehicle at work.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    I logged my commute on the 13, TBY should I delete it? Would have been a good day to take off but I needed to get my truck to work so my only option was to do an evening commute on Monday (otherwise no ride on tuesday). I hate that I always need a motorized vehicle at work.

you can log what you want on the rest days - I just ignore the distance for the purposes of the challenge :smile:
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    We have rain and lightening in the forecast for the next two days, so I may not have many kilometers to report. I'll try to sneak in rides between the drops.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    We have rain and lightening in the forecast for the next two days, so I may not have many kilometers to report. I'll try to sneak in rides between the drops.

Just ride Safe Tom, no heroics :smile:
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Looks like tomorrow is a big number day. Hoping hubby gets back from Cincy in time so i can pull my weight tomorrow.
  • cyclenut64
    cyclenut64 Posts: 154
    Options
    Wow it is a big # day, if I am able to commute both ways 64km's but looks like I will get rained on in the afternoon. So I will evaluate tomorrow.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    it's a big day, but just bear in mind, all 3 teams are ALREADY something like 3 stages ahead in overall distance... We've also ALL missed the distance on occasional stages, so there's no shame in not getting the full distance, just ride what you can, and RIDE SAFE!
  • katozdad
    katozdad Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys. DNS from the last two days. Got drenched on Thursday night and my kit was not dry for the commute on Friday. Today i cleaned out my garage so I had more room for the bikes.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Sorry guys. DNS from the last two days. Got drenched on Thursday night and my kit was not dry for the commute on Friday. Today i cleaned out my garage so I had more room for the bikes.

Wasn't fit to turn a dog out here today - at least you got something productive done, i've had a complete unashamed loafer of a day today... hopefully weather will match up with the forecast and I can do a decent one tomorrow...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I'm ready for the rest day tomorrow... then off we go for the last week :smile:
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I need a day off too; and, it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow.
  • rides4sanity
    Options
    I too am glad tomorrow is a rest day. I need to rest & i need to run, wonder which it will be.
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hey Team 3.....sorry missed most, well all of last week.....got hit with a ton of last minute OT at work, added to that kids softball and a ton of rain, just didn't have the time....Got back out today and should be hitting most of the rest of the "race"...

Chris
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Uh, Team 1, I'm a slacker...sorry. Decided to just enjoy the weekend off the bike (it was my birthday though) so that knocked off 2 days, plus I go to Phoenix Comic-con Saturday so there will be no rides then either. Plans that got made (and promptly forgotten) unfortunately trump riding, besides, I have no desire to ride in Phoenix...I like living.
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My apologies to Team 2 - I've been going to physical therapy for a right rotator cuff injury, and when 2 weeks went by with no improvement, my therapist suggested I give the bike a rest. That was a week and a half ago, and I'm still not seeing improvement, so I don't know *when* I'm going to be able to get on the bike again :-/

When I do, it's apparent I'm doing something wrong with my posture or seat/handlebar settings or something, which lead to this injury (or at least helped it along).
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Well I think EVERYONE is doing great... 2 out of 3 teams are "already in the clubhouse" as far as distance ridden, and the third team has less than 210km's remaining with 6 days to go, and 23 rides yet unreported, so they COULD actually be completed too!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Update : all three teams have now exceeded the total distance :drinker:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Update : all three teams have now exceeded the total distance :drinker:

Woohoo!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Okey-Dokey - with 3 days riding left to go, I'm trying to get up to date with the spreadsheet - and while I've been able to enter everything that has been declared, there are a large number of blanks...

I know one or two of you may have problems that mean you can't ride etc. and may have either had to pull out of the challenge alltogether, or just had to leave it for a few days, but please, if you can, at least take 2 minutes to add your rides (or DNS's) to the entries thread..

#307 - nothing since 19th
    #312 - " " 19th
    #314 - " " 12th
    #317 - " " 19th
    #319 - " " 19th
    #323 - " " 15th
    #324 - " " 12th (hope the flu's cleared up now...)
    #326 - " " 19th
    #328 - " " 10th

come on folks - there are a couple of "borderline" days where even a short undeclared ride could be the difference between your team making the days distance or not...

Final deadline for posting rides (unless you have a damned good reason - like being in the back country and can't upload your garmin data until you get home) is Monday 27th May @ 9pm BST - anything after that time, unless by prior arrangement WILL NOT COUNT.
  • rides4sanity
    Options
    Sorry TBY, life's been nuts. I've had zero kms since then but I will update.
This discussion has been closed.