MFP Grand Tour Cycling Challenge - Discussion/Signup Thread

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Is there a Strava or Endomondo group we are using to track this or is it a manual process?

We track in either Strava or Garmin Connect, and basically there's a template I'll issue that you complete as a posting, within a dedicated Ride details thread (which again, I've not done yet) ... To get an idea of how it works, look at the TdF Rides only thread here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1031650-mfp-tour-de-france-grand-tour-challenge-rides-only

Basically, for the first ride, copy the blank template into your post, and add the distance (in KM's) time (XhXXmXXs) Ascent (round metres) and the URL where it's logged.

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a net-nazi when it comes to following the instructions exactly, and I tend to simply delete anything non-compliant - so it's sort of in your interest to get it right. We've had people throw their toys out of the pram before because they weren't prepared to log in Km's and Metres, so it's only fair to warn you in advance - I do need to be able to see the rides, so private rides don't count, neither do indoor rides / trainer km's / spinning OR ANYTHING ELSE WITHOUT a GPS track. Sometimes, if the tracklog has got screwed up (or you forget to turn the Garmin off on the train home (karan!) I can fix the .TCX files, so if in doubt, give me a yell.
  • glenncomiskey
    glenncomiskey Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    321 - Banshee1013
    322 - glenncomiskey
    323 - Featfabtastic: back on the bike after recovering from injury- 10 months ago plus 30kg!
    324 -
    325 -
    326 -ChrisTetro
    327 -
    328 -
    329 - amiller7x7

I'll take number 322.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Mark - I was just trying to sneak in a few innocent kilometers & hoped nobody would find out :bigsmile:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Team #3 Dossards

Dossard_321.jpg

Dossard_322.jpg

Dossard_323.jpg

Dossard_324.jpg

Dossard_325.jpg

Dossard_326.jpg

Dossard_327.jpg

Dossard_328.jpg

Dossard_329.jpg

If there any more signups for the final 4 places, their dossards will "automagically" appear in the above post :wink:

Vuelta "Template" posting sheet is also now online at

http://www.mb-software.co.uk/MFP/GrandTours/LaVuelta/MFP Vuelta Challenge Template.txt
  • christetro
    Options
    Roger that. I use Endomondo and transfer to Strava Daily so it shouldnt be a problem.
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wooo! Thanks for the dossard and see y'all on the "virtual" road!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Well - we're doing well so far - team 1 and 2 have both completed the daily distance (on 1 rider... and there was me thinking it was TEAM TIME TRIAL day :laugh:) - maybe we should all get the time (speed) of the 5th fastest finisher today (or 3rd finisher for team #3, it's a bit hard on them with only 5 riders anyway...)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your work Dr. Yin. Hopefully, I don't mess anything up in the posting. Please let me know if I need to change anything.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Thank you for your work Dr. Yin. Hopefully, I don't mess anything up in the posting. Please let me know if I need to change anything.

Looks Perfect Tom - i'm working from a tablet machine at the moment, and it's a bit of a faff to update the spreadsheet, but the data entered on MFP looks fine.
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    May not get a ride in today. Work 12 hrs plus an in-home emergency makes it tough to ride. May get a night ride in but doubtful. Sorry Team 1.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Just a FYI to team 2....I will not be putting up a lot of miles between now and Sunday. I have a century on Sunday so I am not riding too much. Plus temps are pushing close to 100 degrees so I really don't want to over do it. After this, Saturdays will be iffy for riding as I have season tixs to the IA games so that trumps biking :happy:
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm a newb for this kind of challenge but I ride 300+ miles a month which I'm looking at increasing, is there room for me in a team for an upcoming challenge?

My garmin connect profile is http://connect.garmin.com/profile/JasonSSavage
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    There are challenges pretty much every month, which you're more than wecome to participate in mate...

That being said, the Vuelta Challenge is pretty much the end of the "Grand Tour" themed ones (obviously... no more 3 week tours 'till the Giro next year) and the only other race themed challenge on the books is the final leg of the Classics Challenge on 6th October (The Giro de Lombardia - "Race of the Falling Leaves")
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Well my bikes not a classic, just a hybrid, looking to grab a fully fledged sleek racer next March, bear me in mind when you need another team member for something though :)
  • christetro
    Options
    Finally got my spoke fixed and cant start logging regular miles again
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Well my bikes not a classic, just a hybrid, looking to grab a fully fledged sleek racer next March, bear me in mind when you need another team member for something though :)

If you wish, I could give a "dispensation" and allow you to sign up to the Vuelta Challenge on team#3 - they're struggling a bit with only 5 riders at the moment, and it'd help them, plus give you something to have a crack at...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Late Addition

321 - Banshee1013
    322 - glenncomiskey
    323 - Featfabtastic: back on the bike after recovering from injury- 10 months ago plus 30kg!
    324 - Jakess1971
    325 -
    326 -ChrisTetro
    327 -
    328 -
    329 - amiller7x7
  • Jakess1971
    Options

If you wish, I could give a "dispensation" and allow you to sign up to the Vuelta Challenge on team#3 - they're struggling a bit with only 5 riders at the moment, and it'd help them, plus give you something to have a crack at...

Sounds good :)

I'll add my team mates and try and pull my weight, hopefully I'll be able to keep up with you lot :)

321 - Banshee1013
    322 - glenncomiskey
    324 - Jakess1971
    325 -
    326 -ChrisTetro
    327 -
    328 -
    329 - amiller7x7
This discussion has been closed.