MFP Grand Tour Cycling Challenge - Discussion/Signup Thread

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Ok - in case anyone's missed my announcement in my newsfeed - I SCREWED UP...

2/9/2013 is NOT A REST DAY, 3/9/2013 is the rest day.

I've now changed the template, altered the entry that everyone who's already posted distances to show the correct ride/rest days and fiddled with the spreadsheet to fix stuff...

HOWEVER, seeing as it was my screw-up - if anyone has planned their riding around the original schedule, then rest on 2/9/2013 and ride 3/9/2013, and book the 3/9/2013 as the 2nd... This is NOT a licence to ride both days and get a sneaky extra days riding n :laugh:

Sorry for any inconvenience people...
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making another announcement here - I did miss it in your newsfeed.

I have planned around the original schedule so I am resting today (2/9), ride tomorrow.

Btw thanks to you I have just fired up my PC to watch Vuelta as I type now :wink:
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Sorry, bad week at the office this week. Averaged 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night. Just had to get out and ride tonight and this morning.

Glad you all are getting some rides in.
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sorry, bad week at the office this week. Averaged 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night. Just had to get out and ride tonight and this morning.

Glad you all are getting some rides in.

I hear you on the bad week :p 3 days I was planning on riding I ended up working 11-12 hour days instead :p
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Apologies to Team #1 that I can't ride on the final weekend - out all day Saturday for a friend's birthday and then at a band contest 125 miles away on Sunday - how rude!! Managed to put in some decent commuter miles in, so a lot happier with my contribution to this challenge - thanks for the inspiration to ride more TBY :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    copied in from the rides thread - this messagee from Featfabtastic
    Sorry Team 3- I'm pulling out because I'm doing really short rides, and sometimes I do a few short rides in a day. I don't want to stop doing these rides because of the time in then takes to add the details in that I just found out this challenge requires (I thought it was just about distance). Then I feel guilty for doing short rides on strava, and not adding it in here :smile: Too much hassle and guilt for me, I just want to enjoy my rides so that I keep going out to ride- that's what it is about for me at the moment :happy:

Maybe when I get up to more km I will re-visit this again. It's a great idea, but not so effective for the low kms, in my situation, for me, at this time :wink:

Good luck everyone!
    :flowerforyou:

Whatever works for you :smile: last thing I want this challenge to be is a de-motivational thing, so if you think it's best for you to pull out, I fully understand. Thanks for giving it a go anyway, and maybe by next year's Giro (May 2014 in case you don't follow the racing!) you'll be up for another shot at it.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Apologies to Team #1 that I can't ride on the final weekend - out all day Saturday for a friend's birthday and then at a band contest 125 miles away on Sunday - how rude!! Managed to put in some decent commuter miles in, so a lot happier with my contribution to this challenge - thanks for the inspiration to ride more TBY :)

Great to have you on the Team again Fran, and happy that it's provided a degree of encouragement to ride the bike - though with the new toy, I'm sure it didn't need much more of a push anyway :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Well - I guess that's it for the 2013 Grand Tour Challenges...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    bump
This discussion has been closed.