Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    W5D3 done! I remembered it was 25 minutes running, so got a pleasant surprise when it turned out to be 20 minutes. Regardless, I had fun and am totally beat now.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    W5D2 done. It was a challenge but it's done now. Scared of W5D3. :frown:
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    W5D2 done. It was a challenge but it's done now. Scared of W5D3. :frown:
    Well done! Don't be scared, it is possible if you take it really slowly!

I reflected a bit on week 5 on my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AglaeaC/view/lessons-from-week-5-round-2-of-c25k-657143
    Maybe there's something in it for you?

W5D3 is a milestone and if you're capable of running D2, your body is ready for D3. The resistance happens up in the head and you'll feel absolutely amazing once you can post that D3 is done! Everyone who posts about it is over the moon and you can do it too, trust me on this.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm joining this check-in thread to keep myself accountable.

Finished W2, D3 last night and will be tackling W3, D1 tonight :)
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    After half-a$$ing my couch to 5k training this time around, I ran a 5k on Friday night (5000ish participants - it was more of a fun community event than a race, at least for those of us at the back of the pack). It was really fun, but I walked more of the course than I did my last 5k, yet I shaved over a minute off my time, so apparently I am picking up speed on the run. I'm going to keep plugging away at the training schedule (I am in week 6 now) so that I can hopefully run the whole 5k at my first triathlon next month. I honestly think that at this point it's a mental thing. I can keep running, I just need to make myself do it, and I need to be running three days a week instead of this once or twice a week that I've been doing lately.
    I don't know much about triathlon yet, but the way you describe running makes me think it's not one of your favourite things to do? Do you think training with someone else might make it more fun or do you prefer solo running?

You're right that I don't love it, at least I don't right now, but I do enjoy the accomplishment of making progress - which is happening. I broke my ankle in December and had to basically start over once I could walk again, so I intentionally took it easy so I wouldn't overdo it and get hurt again.

I think the main thing that frustrates me about it is that I still have quite a bit of weight to lose, and I know that once more of that comes off, it won't be as tough, but that's going very, very slowly these days. Which would be helped by running more. Vicious cycle, eh? :)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D1 today. I felt great! I really think I'm going to enjoy running. I hated running before, because I couldn't. I had no cardio endurance. Now I can breathe AND run.
  • greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D1 today. I felt great! I really think I'm going to enjoy running. I hated running before, because I couldn't. I had no cardio endurance. Now I can breathe AND run.

Congratulations - this sounds like a very successful run!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    After half-a$$ing my couch to 5k training this time around, I ran a 5k on Friday night (5000ish participants - it was more of a fun community event than a race, at least for those of us at the back of the pack). It was really fun, but I walked more of the course than I did my last 5k, yet I shaved over a minute off my time, so apparently I am picking up speed on the run. I'm going to keep plugging away at the training schedule (I am in week 6 now) so that I can hopefully run the whole 5k at my first triathlon next month. I honestly think that at this point it's a mental thing. I can keep running, I just need to make myself do it, and I need to be running three days a week instead of this once or twice a week that I've been doing lately.
    I don't know much about triathlon yet, but the way you describe running makes me think it's not one of your favourite things to do? Do you think training with someone else might make it more fun or do you prefer solo running?

You're right that I don't love it, at least I don't right now, but I do enjoy the accomplishment of making progress - which is happening. I broke my ankle in December and had to basically start over once I could walk again, so I intentionally took it easy so I wouldn't overdo it and get hurt again.

I think the main thing that frustrates me about it is that I still have quite a bit of weight to lose, and I know that once more of that comes off, it won't be as tough, but that's going very, very slowly these days. Which would be helped by running more. Vicious cycle, eh? :)
    Sorry about your ankle! Oh, yes I'm quite familiar with the cycle. And the impatience, as well. I think the best thing to do is not to look too far into the future, but focus on the day and week at hand. Easier said than done, of course, but at least there are usually less overwhelmed thoughts then.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    That's wonderful to hear! I had to retake the first few weeks to get even some kind of improvement in the oxygen uptake. I don't think I hated the programme then, since the only thing I could think of was how my heart was pounding and how convinced I was I'd never be able to do it, but here we are. In high school I absolutely hated it with passion, though, thanks to the Cooper test and my lousy level of fitness. Today, I'd take the ctest in a heartbeat - I'm surprised to say. Have fun on W2D2!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Hiya, I'm joining this check-in thread to keep myself accountable.

Finished W2, D3 last night and will be tackling W3, D1 tonight :)
    Hi and welcome! Remember the rest days, too!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    After finishing Week 1 day 3 with my friend (she's doing great!) I ran 4 miles. A year ago, I thought I was going to die after running 1 minute intervals. My heart was pounding, breathing heavy, etc. Yesterday, I ran 4 miles without stopping (after having just finished running 1.35 miles during the c25k session.)

For those of you just starting out, know that it will get easier. You will be surprised what you are capable of doing! Don't get discouraged, don't give up- just keep going!
  • mom2tripsn2
    mom2tripsn2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    W4D1 in the books!! And I found that when I hit about the 3.5min mark, I start to get into kind of a groove...and it was a REALLY good run this morning!! I was scared of this week, a little, but now I'm feeling really good about myself today :smile:
  • Tanya949
    Options
    W4D1 in the books!! And I found that when I hit about the 3.5min mark, I start to get into kind of a groove...and it was a REALLY good run this morning!! I was scared of this week, a little, but now I'm feeling really good about myself today :smile:

I hope all my future days can be like that one LOL. Great job! :smile:
  • greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    W2D1 done. And I got in just before it got dark!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    W2D1 done. And I got in just before it got dark!

Great job, hope next one will be at least as good!
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I finally did W4D1 wednesday and I'm going to try W4D2 tonight. Wish me luck.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Luck!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

Well done and good luck!

I did W5D3.
    It was't as hard as I expected it to be. I am now very scared of myself. :laugh:
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I did W5D3.
    It was't as hard as I expected it to be. I am now very scared of myself. :laugh:
    Wooooot! I'm so happy for you! And LOL about the scaring yourself part :laugh:
  • Tanya949
    Options
    W2D2 done in the rain on a trail loop. I did the loop almost 6 times, and always seemed to be running on the uphill portions. Just little terrain changes, nothing big.