Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done in the rain on a trail loop. I did the loop almost 6 times, and always seemed to be running on the uphill portions. Just little terrain changes, nothing big.
    This means that W3, when the pattern isn't just six equal sets, will have downhill bits too!
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done in the rain on a trail loop. I did the loop almost 6 times, and always seemed to be running on the uphill portions. Just little terrain changes, nothing big.
    This means that W3, when the pattern isn't just six equal sets, will have downhill bits too!

I always meant to find out what the intervals are in subsequent weeks... I am excited to do mixed intervals! (and run downhill too!)
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Make sure to pay attention to how you run downhill, shorter steps for instance.

I was so excited in the beginning once I began to notice how long I usually reach during various intervals and of course the total distance, too. At some point the number lover and statistician crawled out and now I'm very interested in seeing "black on white" how I perform.

I just did W6D1 and during the first interval my pace was too high simply because I was so glad to be out there again. As a result I added 400 m to the whole distance and my leg soreness is another bonus. Don't do as I did :laugh: It's tricky to slow down from too high a pace, if you ask me.
  • greentree0
    Options

I just did W6D1 and during the first interval my pace was too high simply because I was so glad to be out there again. As a result I added 400 m to the whole distance and my leg soreness is another bonus. Don't do as I did :laugh: It's tricky to slow down from too high a pace, if you ask me.

Week 6 seems so far off! Congrats on adding nearly half a kilometer! W2D2 done here. It is nearly 20F hotter today than it was on Thursday, and I was glad for some water when i got home.
  • AglaeaC
    Options

Week 6 seems so far off! Congrats on adding nearly half a kilometer! W2D2 done here. It is nearly 20F hotter today than it was on Thursday, and I was glad for some water when i got home.
    Oh but you'll be here in no time! The weeks fly by when one keeps busy. Trust the programme, hydrate well (what a temperature increase!), and go slow enough. Nice job again.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    W6 D1

It sucked. I did it though.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    W6 D1

It sucked. I did it though.
    Perseverance is admirable. Well done!
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Still on week 5!!! But I went 5 miles in 60 min so I still call it a success I just can't get past the 2nd 8 min to feel confident to make it to the 20 min on day 3
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Still on week 5!!! But I went 5 miles in 60 min so I still call it a success I just can't get past the 2nd 8 min to feel confident to make it to the 20 min on day 3
    If you have reached W5D2, your body is ready for D3. If you slow down enough, it will show the mind what it is capable of. Trust me, many before you have and after you will ponder(ed) W5D3 and I encourage you to take a leap of faith; the programme is designed to be doable. Remember, a 12-minute mile is as long a mile as a 6-minute mile is and the only difference is in the pace.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I got sized for sneakers over the weekend. I can't find anyplace that has the ones I need one sale, but have found the cheapest place. :smile: I hope to get over there today and get them. My running days are going to be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, with my JM workouts on Sunday, Monday and Friday. Wednesday will be my rest day. I can't wait to get started on it! (I just never realized how expensive of a hobby something as simple as running was going to cost me!)
  • greentree0
    Options
    I got sized for sneakers over the weekend. I can't find anyplace that has the ones I need one sale, but have found the cheapest place. :smile: I hope to get over there today and get them. My running days are going to be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, with my JM workouts on Sunday, Monday and Friday. Wednesday will be my rest day. I can't wait to get started on it! (I just never realized how expensive of a hobby something as simple as running was going to cost me!)

Shoes and a decent bra are the big things from my point of view. Are you starting soon or have you started already?
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

Shoes and a decent bra are the big things from my point of view. Are you starting soon or have you started already?

I hope to W1D1 on Thursday. My roommates boyfriend gets a military discount at Sport Chex. He's going tomorrow and seeing if they have the sneakers in stock to get them at a discount for me. (When my roommate checked it said the style and size I needed was not in stock. When I checked it the one here in the city where we live said they had them in stock, and was the only store in the entire province that has them in stock!) If he can't get them tomorrow, I will go over to the place that's across the street from my work and get them as they have them for the cheapest rate.

My running days are going to be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I'm going to do my workout video on Sunday, Monday and Friday. Wednesday will be my rest day. (Simply because I have no time on that day to workout/run in the first place!)
  • DJtrvl
    DJtrvl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    w1D1 completed today.
    Sad to say I think it was the first time I have run at all in probably 20 years.
    It went OK tho...
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    My running days are going to be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I'm going to do my workout video on Sunday, Monday and Friday. Wednesday will be my rest day. (Simply because I have no time on that day to workout/run in the first place!)
    I think it's really good to keep a regular regimen like this in the beginning. It's so easy to get carried away and there are numerous stories in the main forum from people, who got plantar fasciitis, shin splints, and a bunch of other nasty stuff. Good luck with your first run!
    w1D1 completed today.
    Sad to say I think it was the first time I have run at all in probably 20 years.
    It went OK tho...
    Congrats, now you're a runner! And I think you're in very good company regarding the 20 years :D The only times I've run since highschool and the compulsory Cooper test is to the bus. I've tried to be on time to avoid that, too, haha.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    rduhlir has compiled a great list for RUNNING in the SUMMER months and it is as applicable as last year:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1014165-summer-running-had-me-a-blast
  • greentree0
    Options
    rduhlir has compiled a great list for RUNNING in the SUMMER months and it is as applicable as last year:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1014165-summer-running-had-me-a-blast

W2D3 done. Those tips will be coming in handy soon I think - thanks!

DJtrv - congrats on starting and angf0679 - good luck in the shoe hunt!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    W2D3 done. Those tips will be coming in handy soon I think - thanks!
    Yw.

W6D2 done. It was a mediocre run, my body felt heavy and I wasn't in a super happy place like the past couple of times. As they say, a bad run is better than no run, and this one wasn't bad by my own standards. Glad to have week 6 over soon and then it's just 1/3 left.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I did W4D2 yesterday and still was able to add on 15 mins of extra walking. The 5 min run is killing me tho. I might stay on this week and keep tortchering myself until I can get the 5 mins down without wanting to die afterwards.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I did W4D2 yesterday and still was able to add on 15 mins of extra walking. The 5 min run is killing me tho. I might stay on this week and keep tortchering myself until I can get the 5 mins down without wanting to die afterwards.
    Keep running, you're doing great. I felt like dying only when I kept my speed too high and once I slowed down, I got past the hurdle of moving on to 5-minute runs. Varda kept writing on every page to a zillion different people "Slow down! Keep slowing down!" and at first I didn't really think she was speaking to me, too, but once I tried that advice, it made the world of a difference. I'm still flustered and breathing heavily and looking like a mess these days, but it's so much easier when I keep my speed down.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Keep running, you're doing great. I felt like dying only when I kept my speed too high and once I slowed down, I got past the hurdle of moving on to 5-minute runs. Varda kept writing on every page to a zillion different people "Slow down! Keep slowing down!" and at first I didn't really think she was speaking to me, too, but once I tried that advice, it made the world of a difference. I'm still flustered and breathing heavily and looking like a mess these days, but it's so much easier when I keep my speed down.

yeahthat_zps5592cc84.gif
    If you feel like you want to die afterwards, you need to slow down!