Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for awhile, but I finishes W6D2 today. Which means no more walking intervals. :-D

I finished W6D2 on Saturday, and I'm doing w6D3 this evening. I knew I had the 22 minutes of jogging to look forward to tonight, but until your post I didn't realize there were no more walking intervals! Wow, now w6d2 feels like a real milestone. Best of luck on completing the program. We are almost there!
  • olmstea
    olmstea Posts: 9
    Options
    Help! I finished Week 5, Day 2 today and I have no idea how I am going to go from running 8 minutes (with 5 minutes of walking in the middle) to 20 minutes next time!! No Walking?! 8 minutes feels like a really long time. How do I go to 20?! Is that a misprint? Should it be 10 minutes?? :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Did W4D1 this morning.i usually only drink water when I get up and eat breakfast afterward. I did get a little nauseous toward the end but I did not throw up. Should I eat before I go? I DO NOT want to throw up at the park! That is why I don't eat before I go!

You have to figure out what works for you and do it. I absolutely can't eat some things before running or I will throw up. I can usually stomach a protein bar or peanut butter sandwich, but definitely no bananas or anything heavy.
  • michielyn
    michielyn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for awhile, but I finishes W6D2 today. Which means no more walking intervals. :-D

I finished W6D2 on Saturday, and I'm doing w6D3 this evening. I knew I had the 22 minutes of jogging to look forward to tonight, but until your post I didn't realize there were no more walking intervals! Wow, now w6d2 feels like a real milestone. Best of luck on completing the program. We are almost there!

It shocked me too! I don't normally peek ahead. Good luck!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Did W4D1 this morning.i usually only drink water when I get up and eat breakfast afterward. I did get a little nauseous toward the end but I did not throw up. Should I eat before I go? I DO NOT want to throw up at the park! That is why I don't eat before I go!

Personally I tend not to eat before short runs, although they tend to be in the evening, so probably 6-7 hours after lunch, possibly with a snack late afternoon. For longer runs, they tend to be on weekend mornings, but I do generally find that I need to eat before them, so I'll generally leave around an hour between eating and heading out the door.

As you're in the middle of the 5K plan at the moment you're unlikely to need to feed, so I'd just stick with water.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting W5 tonight, but after over 5 hours of walking around today at Canada Day festivities, my feet are begging for a rest. I am hoping I can get myself up early enough Thursday morning (or maybe even tomorrow) and do it. I won't have time for an evening run this week and with 50+ mm of rain coming Saturday, don't think I will get out that day at all!
  • Berti2802
    Berti2802 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 5 yesterday. My first 20 minutes run without walking. I really did it! I am so proud of myself!

Greetings from Germany!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Finished Week 5 yesterday. My first 20 minutes run without walking. I really did it! I am so proud of myself!

Greetings from Germany!

Congratulations! It's a great feeling, isn't it?
  • emy_r
    Options
    I completed W6D3 last night. I think this may have been my toughest one yet, both mentally and physically, but I did it! I've come a long way since the first day, and I'm so happy I've stuck with this. I'm also extremely grateful for all of the people on here who have posted about their C25K experiences.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Help! I finished Week 5, Day 2 today and I have no idea how I am going to go from running 8 minutes (with 5 minutes of walking in the middle) to 20 minutes next time!! No Walking?! 8 minutes feels like a really long time. How do I go to 20?! Is that a misprint? Should it be 10 minutes?? :)

Keep calm and run on!

You are ready for this, believe it or not! Just slow down go for it! You will surprise yourself!
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ran W8D1 last night and I forgot to use my inhaler beforehand. I was wondering why it felt like I was breathing through a straw at 5 minutes in! It was tough, but I managed it without stopping. I definitely won't be forgetting that again, though.

With the winnings from my work's biggest loser competition, I bought a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14s after getting fitted at a proper running store. No more knee pain! My old shoes were definitely showing their age.

Congratulations to all the folks finishing up weeks 5 and 6! Those are both definitely big milestones.
  • ajones1965
    ajones1965 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Finished week3 day 2 today and my hamstrings are sore : (
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    ajones, what kind of stretches do you do after your cooldown? I really like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-wiOqYcxoI

Also, I've heard that static stretches before exercise can actually be harmful, so if you're stretching before you run, maybe try stopping that and just increasing your warmup time a bit?
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be W4D2, my phone was acting up and as I use the C25K app, as does my running buddy, we used her phone instead.

Accidentally put it at W3D2. I knew it felt too easy.

Ugh, throws off my whole week.
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    Did week 2 day 2 today. Was a little nervous because I ran yesterday off the program.. Did the whole 5 k, walking mostly just to see how far away it was cuz I was itching to run so bad. I'm a teacher and since it's summer I have the baby to myself so today we went for a walk, about a mile or so. This all made me wonder if I was going to be too tired for the run, but I dominated it. Really tried focusing on correct breathing. Helped a ton. Wish it was longer of a run, but i know it won't be long where it will look back on the ease today with envy.

All in all a great day, also got my first 20k step day today. I'm very happy!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Great work Jdoster!
    Don't stress too much Squishy, I'd say try W4D3 on your next run. I've forgotten if each session increases the times or not, but the occasional easy run isn't going to hurt your progress.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    W5D1 completed!!! I went early this morning as I won't have time tonight to go. It was so refreshing and invigorating to go first thing this morning!! As I was doing the 5 minute runs, and it told me to slow down for my walk, I didn't want to! I could have kept on going! Bring on the 8 minute run! (Probably not Saturday. I think a tropical storm/hurricane is an excellent excuse not get out for a run.)
  • CoadyMarie
    CoadyMarie Posts: 165
    Options
    W2D1! It was tough but every time I thought "oh my god I can't go on for one more second" the walk prompt came - only stopped running about 10 seconds early on the last interval.

I really need to learn to slow down though - it feels so weird to go slower, like I'm shuffling or I'm constantly about to trip, but I was definitely getting out of breath and tired legs at the pace I was doing today
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    W6d3, supposed to be 22 min of running, but I actually was out for 52 minutes, 3.2 miles total. I ran 2 miles without stopping, then ran and walked the last mile. It's already in the low 80s with high humidity here so I wanted to get out early and get this done.
  • newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just did w5d3, the dreaded 20 minutes no breaks. I can't believe I did it and how easy it seemed. I slowed my pace down a fair amount though. I felt like I could keep going once the twenty minutes were up. I'm most proud that I didn't check once to see how much time was left, I tend to be a clock watcher.