Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 6 Day 1! I can't believe there are only 4 more weeks to go!
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    W3D1 done! Didn't get to play basketball last night so had an excess of energy this morning, ran an extra 1/3 of a mile after last 3 minute walk since I was a ways away from home. Did 1.85 miles in 20 minutes of running, which is the only part I track with the running app.

Only sad part is knowing I have to wait til Wednesday to go again..
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options

I know what you mean. Right after a run I feel the best and often think; lets do that again! But I tried running back to back days trying to "get ahead" and my knees did not like it. I now respect the rest days and my knees are very happy that I do. :)
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I just finished week 5 day 3. What a great feeling :) Instead of the 5 minute cool down I took a 3 minute walk break then ran the 13 minutes back home.

Did it feel strange to go on to week 6 and do small run spans again?
  • Jdoster06
    Options

I know what you mean. Right after a run I feel the best and often think; lets do that again! But I tried running back to back days trying to "get ahead" and my knees did not like it. I now respect the rest days and my knees are very happy that I do. :)

I have had that happen as well.. Getting a bike soon so I can change it up on the off day...
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I just finished week 5 day 3. What a great feeling :) Instead of the 5 minute cool down I took a 3 minute walk break then ran the 13 minutes back home.

Did it feel strange to go on to week 6 and do small run spans again?

Congrats on finishing that 20 minutes!

It didn't feel too strange to do the 5 and 8 minutes again - it does add up to 18 minutes total so its not too far off the mark from the W5D3 total, and personally, i find it really hard to walk in between and then restart running!

At the moment i'm just enjoying it and trying to not think about that 25 minutes i have to do at the end of the week haha!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I did it!!!!! I did the 20 min run!!!!!!!!!
  • modquiltgirl
    Options
    Hi! I was about to start Week 3 Day 1 yesterday and saw the 3 minute run description and said "Uh, no, I'll just do Week 2 Day 3 again" which I did without too much trouble. I took a long break because of the weekend, didn't do anything since last Thursday! Today is my rest day and tomorrow I'm going to start W3D1 for reals! I thought about it and yes, I could just try to run at a slower pace, but I think my pace is sort of slow as it is, I run on the treadmill and only go about 4.1 when running and 3.7 when walking. So far I've really liked the mix of walking/running because I've never been very good at running even a full mile all the way through. The only way I passed the mile test during the Physical Fitness test back in middle school (in the '90s) was to run a little and walk a little. A lot has changed since I was in middle school!

So just thought I'd check in and tell you that I totally understand where you are and am cheering you on for getting to W3 D3!

Anna
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I have had that happen as well.. Getting a bike soon so I can change it up on the off day...

I rode my bike on days I wasn't running (still do). I think it helps with endurance. I am a better runner because I ride and vice versa.
    Hi! I was about to start Week 3 Day 1 yesterday and saw the 3 minute run description and said "Uh, no, I'll just do Week 2 Day 3 again" which I did without too much trouble. I took a long break because of the weekend, didn't do anything since last Thursday! Today is my rest day and tomorrow I'm going to start W3D1 for reals! I thought about it and yes, I could just try to run at a slower pace, but I think my pace is sort of slow as it is, I run on the treadmill and only go about 4.1 when running and 3.7 when walking. So far I've really liked the mix of walking/running because I've never been very good at running even a full mile all the way through. The only way I passed the mile test during the Physical Fitness test back in middle school (in the '90s) was to run a little and walk a little. A lot has changed since I was in middle school!

So just thought I'd check in and tell you that I totally understand where you are and am cheering you on for getting to W3 D3!

Anna

Don't be scared! If you did w2d3, you are ready for w3d1!
  • Berti2802
    Berti2802 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 6/2 and it felt great. From now on: No more walking breaks! What a huge step!

Greetings from Germany
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    Finished Week 6/2 and it felt great. From now on: No more walking breaks! What a huge step!

Greetings from Germany

Awesome man.. And congrats about the game going on right now...
  • Jdoster06
    Options

I rode my bike on days I wasn't running (still do). I think it helps with endurance. I am a better runner because I ride and vice versa.

Good to know.. I can't wait to get my bike.. Waiting for a co-worker to get back from a trip, he is an avid bike rider and is selling me one of his extras. It'll be nice to have an exercise I can take my baby with, we got a tow cart for her to ride in..
  • kristinwesterfield
    kristinwesterfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Finished week 5, day 1! Every new week I feel sure I won't be able to get through it but somehow I do! Trying to start gearing myself up for w5d3 - only one more run until I am there!
  • PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This morning I finished w1d2! It was my first time making myself get up early and do it in the morning, which I was a little nervous about. (I was almost derailed by my daughter, who was up in the middle of the night with a bad dream. I wanted so badly to turn off the alarm and catch up on my sleep, but I didn't!) I did a much better job of pacing myself and slowing down a little, which really helped it feel easier than day 1. Let me tell you, it is such a good feeling to have my workout for the day done before 8 am!
  • wheelinqueen
    wheelinqueen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did W6D1. It didn't go well. I made the first 10 mins went fine....but the last 10 I had to stop probably on the last 2 mins and walk. I got some fierce stomach cramps and was either going to throw up or...well...you get the picture. :(

I just got back from a camping trip and had not run in almost 6 days, plus we ate not so well on the trip so I'm sure that played a role.

...but I'm not discouraged. I'll try it again tomorrow morning. Gotta get back on the horse. ;)
  • ChristinKeirn
    ChristinKeirn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This morning I finished week two day two. I didn't feel great going into this one. My legs were really tight, I had a slight cramp in my foot, and I felt somewhat dehydrated, though I'd drank about 20 oz of water through the night and another 20 after I got up. During the warm up, I kept thinking, "There's no way I can do this." But I did. After about the second rep, I felt great! I even increased my speed on the last one going up hill.
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    Today was supposed to be w3d2 so I go out and start, did my warm up and started running, the only problem was that my ipad was on silent mode.. Felt like had been running a little too long so I looked and it was 6 minutes. Then I check my phone and see that my tracking was paused the whole time.. So frustrated with them I said screw it... Finished the workout and then started over and did it again.. Feeling pretty good about everything.. Can't wait til Friday
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I did w7d1 today, which is 25 minutes of running. Up until Saturday, I'd have said no problem. Friday, I ran for 30 some minutes so 25 is no biggie.

However, Saturday we hiked Sharp Top at Peaks of Otter. We took the bus up because I figured the little kids couldn't handle both up and down. From the bus stop, we hiked up to the top, which is a short distance up and then we hiked all the way to the bottom. It's only 1.5 miles but there's an almost 1300 foot elevation change. It's a steep hike with lots of rocks/boulders. I had the baby in the ergo carrier and then my husband and I had to help the 4 year old and 2 year old. Luckily, the 7 year old was fine on his own.

When I got up Sunday morning, I was seriously hurting. My calves feel like they have knots in them and my knees hurt because I slid on some loose rock. Ugh! Even my right arm hurt, I guess from holding hands with a kid that was jumping off rocks repeatedly.

I tried to run yesterday and was able to do a mile and no more. I was going to wait until tomorrow to do the c25k run, but a running friend said to try it today and see if it was better. My one knee was a bit sore in the beginning and my calves were complaining a bit, but I pushed through it and survived!

Oh, and for the first time in forever, I ran without the baby so no jogging stroller to push. My pace was much better -- 14:57 per mile, which is slow...but not as slow as I usually am!
  • CarlaMomOf4
    Options
    I did it!!!!! I did the 20 min run!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!! Feels exhilarating doesn't it :happy:
  • CarlaMomOf4
    Options
    Finished week 5, day 1! Every new week I feel sure I won't be able to get through it but somehow I do! Trying to start gearing myself up for w5d3 - only one more run until I am there!

No worries, you CAN do it!! It seems daunting, but it's a mind over matter thing. You will feel SO exhilarated once you complete it!!! :) Remember slow and steady!! :happy: