Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Week5, day3 done! The dreaded 20 mins out of the way!

Only downside is I am doing it on the treadmill. Can't bring myself to try it outside.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well done Davali, it's a great accomplishment isn't it??!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Moved on to W3/D1 today and realised that I'm doing a 12-week plan rather than a 9-week plan but I'm in no rush.

The prospect of ever running for a full 30 mins seems rather improbable from here - a paradigm shift for me - but I am surrendered to just following the program, one week at a time.

Sam

Sam

You are experiencing what everyone goes through. You will feel doubts about the 20 minuter, you will feel doubts about the 30 minuter, you will doubt the first time you plan to go 5k. But you can do it, you can succeed. If you map your run outside, it will scare you how far 5 km is. But you will succeed and if you continue it will seem like a breeze in a few months time.

I have gone through the self doubt you are experiencing and I too surrendered to the programme. End of week 3 was July 2 for me. This morning, 3 months later, I went out for an easy 3 mile run, the shortest run in my 5 runs a week training for a half marathon. It does get easier if you persevere. I have faith in you. Have fun
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

Only downside is I am doing it on the treadmill. Can't bring myself to try it outside.

I salute you, I never managed to do it inside. I found it too boring. If you want to enter races you will need to go outside eventually. But if inside works for you then you should carry on and enjoy it. Don't put yourself down, you are well on the way to finishing and graduating the programme. Well done.:happy:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

I just got back from W5D3 also! Never thought I could do it. But I also learned the value of a great MFP FL, but at min 13-15 when I was doubting my ability, I realized that I wasn't running alone. All my MFP friends were running along with me. Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I love you!~
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options

Great work. That's probably the toughest day.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Week 9 day 1 completed. Cold and blustery here, but my day is smooth sailing now.
  • ejdp254
    Options
    Going out shortly to do W9D2............see you on the other side!
  • ejdp254
    Options
    And we're back, all done. Not my finest run but a run non the less. Bring on Monday and our last official day :(
  • Davali
    Options

I salute you, I never managed to do it inside. I found it too boring. If you want to enter races you will need to go outside eventually. But if inside works for you then you should carry on and enjoy it. Don't put yourself down, you are well on the way to finishing and graduating the programme. Well done.:happy:

Thanks everyone.... outside is on the list, maybe not just yet though :)
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I finished W6D3! Fourth attempt, but I finished it finally.
  • Davali
    Options
    W6D1 done - even upped the pace for the last 5 mins. May get to be a runner yet!
  • SamNicoll
    SamNicoll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have gone through the self doubt you are experiencing and I too surrendered to the programme. End of week 3 was July 2 for me. This morning, 3 months later, I went out for an easy 3 mile run, the shortest run in my 5 runs a week training for a half marathon. It does get easier if you persevere. I have faith in you. Have fun

Wow! That's great progress in 3 months! All the best for the half marathon.

For now I'm focusing on the process not the goal. The goal just does not compute!

And thank you for the vote of confidence. W3/D2 done :happy:
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Same here :)
    It was not hard. I have worse runs last week. I actually got carried away and ran for 22 min instead of 20 :) It's just getting colder and colder every day (had to wear a light jacket today) and I am not sure how should I dress up in a month or two...
  • upsaluki
    Options
    It was not hard. I have worse runs last week. I actually got carried away and ran for 22 min instead of 20 :) It's just getting colder and colder every day (had to wear a light jacket today) and I am not sure how should I dress up in a month or two...
    I'very been using this page as a quick reference. http://m.runnersworld.com/running-apparel/foul-weather-friends?page=single

Great work on getting through the twenty minutes.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I'very been using this page as a quick reference. http://m.runnersworld.com/running-apparel/foul-weather-friends?page=single

Great work on getting through the twenty minutes.
    Thanks!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    After a busy weekend of cycling and recovery, I'm just catching up on this thread. Love all the updates! Remember to slow down! :happy:
    Hey runners - w7d2 done-zo :) I really like reading this thread! This is my first time posting. I have a question for you guys - what do you do for a stitch in your side when running? I got it in the last five minutes of my last two runs - I just keep running but it doesn't go away - actually when I get to cool down it gets worse for a minute or two before it finally subsides. I am running at a very comfortable pace for me - probably about 4-4.2mph and I could definitely carry on a conversation. I do nerdfitness beginner routine once or twice a week, so I'm building my core, and I try to remain conscious of engaging my core and maintaining good posture as I run. Is the stitch just something that happens randomly and you deal with it? Is there a way to breathe or move while running to ease it? Could I prevent somehow - maybe I shouldn't drink water for awhile before the run or something?
    Sorry so long - thanks for your help! You all are doing great - so inspiring :)

Here are some articles that have suggestions for helping with side stitches:

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/four-ways-stop-dreaded-side-stitch

http://www.runnersworld.com/injury-prevention-recovery/how-to-beat-side-stitches

Hope that helps!
  • TowsonChuck
    TowsonChuck Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    W6D3 Done. (ZenLabs) 22 Minute Run. Covered 2.8 miles included the 5 minute warmup and 5 minute cool down. Starting looking ahead, and realized... then is no more intervals. It's all running from here. I kinda like knowing that. No more "Can I handle the distance and long runs" the program answers that for you... YES, Yes you can. Two more weeks, (my weeks start on a wednesday now, since I am off a little due to a vacation).

Now it's all about getting my endurance and distance up. Glad I found this thread, and can read that we all share similar struggles, and how we are handling the program, and overcoming them.

And it is starting to get chilly here in the mid-atlantic in the mornings. Thanks UPSALUKI for the cold weather gear link, checking that stuff out today.
  • ejdp254
    Options
    So that was it. Our last official C25K run,.and I did enjoy it, both boys have been with me the whole way, so proud of my 11yr old for completing the runs and also proud of my 6yr old for coming along every time and joining us xxxxxxxx :drinker:
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I completed my C25k journey on Labor Day weekend, but I try to run it every day, sometimes every other. My goal came true today!

I finally did my entire 5k under 30 minutes. 29:55!! Then went on to do 4 miles in 39:11. Now.I'm.TIRED happy, but tired.

And I signed up for the MN Monster Dash on October 25. It's going to be so damn cold!!

I can't believe it's real, I couldn't even run 30 seconds in June :)