Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks. I'll just stick to the RunDouble app and see how it goes.

Looking back through my history in RunDouble, I see that I started 5 to 10k on July 14 and finished on Sep 6 last year. I never repeated any days, but I threw in some "fun" runs during that time. I used the distance version throughout, so when I finished 5 to 10k, I ran 10k (in 73 minutes). If you are using the timed version, you will be able to run 60 minutes straight. It was NOT easy!
    Awesome. I think I'll stick to the timed version. I have a 5k to run in at the end of my c25k, but I'm having trouble finding a 10k at the end of c210k. I'll be pretty happy about having a 60 minute base to work from though.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    W8D1 done, we're a day behind as my son was off school ill and it probably wouldn't have been a good idea to make him go running! But we're back on schedule now, can't believe it's nearly over!!:cry:
    Great job. Do you have any local 5ks to participate in when you're done?
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Week 7 day 2 done 2.5 miles covered. I have a ways to go before I cover 5 k.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options

Week 1 is done!
    Week 2 is done!
    Week 3 is done!
    W4D1 is done!????
    I had a great run today! I felt great and was not tired until the very end. I think I actually start enjoying it!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I'll be pretty happy about having a 60 minute base to work from though.

That's where you'll start benefiting from speed work
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    For comparison with MM

C25k started 15 June, not being able to run 5 mins, finished 5 August 5k 32:24
    Continued with c210k, the first 8 weeks is the same as c25k, finished 20 September 10k 61:41, with a "calculated" (Endomondo) 5k of 29:51.
    Just started HM bridge training, ahead of a 12 week programme starting 23 December culminating in a HM on 15 March 2015. Now running 3 days, rest 1 day, run 2 day, rest 1 day and then repeat. Distances are 3-5 miles a session.
    You will be amazed how far you can go, if you listen to your body and turn down the volume on your mind. My boss who has been running for years has said he thinks I am a poster child for following the programme, not over doing it and getting plenty of rest. Given my age he thinks that is why I have not had any injuries so far, his experience is that by now, most beginners are carrying injuries from too much volume too soon. YMMV.

Have fun
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes Upsaluki, there is a neon 5k on the 25th Oct that I've registered myself and my son for!!!
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Yes Upsaluki, there is a neon 5k on the 25th Oct that I've registered myself and my son for!!!
    That's so great that you are running with your son. I started exercising again because my three year old said he wanted to eat a lot to have a big belly like mine.
  • dan095541
    dan095541 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just did week 5 day 3. Run 20 minutes with no walking. I made it 10.5 minutes, paused the timer for approximately 3 minutes then finished. I'm gonna re do till I finish straight through. I'm gonna complete this. My mantra for this as well as college is "commit to complete"
  • ejdp254
    Options
    it takes me about 10 mins to find a good rhythm, get my breathing sorted and stop whinging in my head that i'm tired and cant do it! Then i'm fine and can just keep plodding along, don't know if that helps?!? (oh and I don't stop ! x)
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    it takes me about 10 mins to find a good rhythm, get my breathing sorted and stop whinging in my head that i'm tired and cant do it!

I still get that.

why am I doing this...
    I don't want to do this...
    Gods this hurts...
    I can't keep going...

Three hours later - That was fun...
  • ejdp254
    Options
    LOL yeah that's exactly right!!!!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I just completed W1D2! I didn't feel particularly out of breath, but my legs were really fatigued from Tuesday's run. Looking forward to running on Saturday with my family!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options

Week 1 is done!
    Week 2 is done!
    Week 3 is done!
    W4D2 is done!????
    Did not have time to do it until it got dark, and our neighborhood is safe, but very dark. We kind of live in the woods, so it was a little bit creepy. But I made it :)
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Week 7 day 3 done.
  • SamNicoll
    SamNicoll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 - done!

As I'm using the dreadmill I added a bit of incline as advised.

Happy Friday!
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Week 6, day 2 done yesterda. No more walking for me! Can't wait till Saturday's run. I really hope it's fairly cool outside.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 finished today. Covered 2.85 miles.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well done. That is pretty close to 5k, I am sure you will get it or just run 5k on day 3 and record the time. Look forward to hearing about your graduation
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Well done. That is pretty close to 5k, I am sure you will get it or just run 5k on day 3 and record the time. Look forward to hearing about your graduation
    The rundouble app does 28 minutes in week 6 and 30 minutes in week 9, so I'll be there pretty soon.