Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 in the books!

So far, so good. I've felt really good for the first week. I started out really slow (based on advice here) and I slowly upped the tempo each day. Started with 3.0 walk/5.0 run on W1D1, today was doing 3.5 walk/5.5 run. On the 8th and final 60 second run today, I actually kept running for another 60 seconds into the cool down because I was feeling strong.

Day 1 went 1.87 miles, Day 2 ran 1.93 miles, today (Day 3) ran 2.03 miles. Slowly getting there...

Looking forward to Week 2 starting Sunday. I think it was 90 seconds of running and 2 minutes of walking? Should be fun.

Is there a general consensus of when it gets tough and people tend to hit the wall? Week 4? Week 5?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i think week 5. i tried not to look ahead so i couldn't psych myself out.

keep it up :)
  • coryh00
    coryh00 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I completed it last year and then fell off the wagon and didn't run at all for months. I'm on round 2 now, and yes, week 5 is when your will power gets tested, but its doable.....tomorrow is week 5 day 2 for me. The best advice I was given the first time through was to never look at the time.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just re-starting it again, got up to week 4 before and then life happened etc etc
    This time however, i've joined a local running group who are doing the Zero-5k programme for beginners. I have to say it was MUCH harder than the Zen Labs app i've been following, but I did my first session last night and I got through it without walking any of the running parts. We alternated 1 min walks and runs for a full hour, we covered 3.4 miles in total. Whilst I have to admit I was at the very back of the group for the entire session, unlike others I didn't walk any of the running parts - slow and steady. I shall continue to use the app though as the group only meets once a week, so i'll keep up the training in between group sessions. :smile:
  • mbaker566
    Options
    welcome back guys.

don't forget to have fun
  • swrhot94
    swrhot94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4 tonight.... HERE WE GO!
  • mbaker566
    edited February 2016
    Options
    dog.jpg
  • coryh00
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 is in the books....again.
  • KnitChick89
    KnitChick89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 5, Run 2 last night! Was "supposed" to do it Wednesday, but I didn't have the willpower by the time I got a chance to do it (9:30 pm). Whoo!!! That was a tough one for me!
  • briscogun
    Options
    Week 5 is the bear, okay. Thanks!

Just finished W2D3 this morning. I haven't looked ahead once yet, so I'm just going with the flow as each day comes. If it tells me to walk, I walk. If it tells me to run, I run. When it "dings", I stop.

A quarter of the way through. Now I need to really commit myself and sign up for a 5K... :o
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group. I finished W1D3 today. I was doing great with it. Instead of jogging 60 seconds, walking 90, I was jogging 90 seconds, walking 60. Jogged the last walk cycle too. Still working on my breathing. That's the hard part for me.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time with my breathing, too. I always try to take long, slow breaths in through my nose and out my mouth, but I just can't manage sucking enough oxygen out of it half the time and end up panting. Lol. Hopefully I'll get better at it as I build my cardio. I got week 2, day 1 done last night.
  • coryh00
    Options
    Week 6 day 1 done.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    keep it up guys
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 2 done - I ran 5k in 30 minutes and 40 seconds! So pleased.
  • amber_beaney
    amber_beaney Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone, nomatter where you ate on the programme :) I did week 3 day 1 today, it felt alot easier than I thought it would, I'm wondering if I've slowed ... Also, I'd be ever so grateful if someone could help to explain running pace to me! my fit bit tells me my pace as two numbers, e.g 16'38", but I don't know what that means exactly, I've tried googling it but can't find a basic explanation. Thanks everyone :)
  • cheliebee
    cheliebee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 accomplished, I'm soo close!
  • briscogun
    Options
    Well done everyone, nomatter where you ate on the programme :) I did week 3 day 1 today, it felt alot easier than I thought it would, I'm wondering if I've slowed ... Also, I'd be ever so grateful if someone could help to explain running pace to me! my fit bit tells me my pace as two numbers, e.g 16'38", but I don't know what that means exactly, I've tried googling it but can't find a basic explanation. Thanks everyone :)

I believe that would refer to your pace time, so 16 minutes 38 seconds per mile, for example. If your fitbit has GPS, it's probably that.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi everybody! I did c25k a year go and had a great running season last summer - did few 5k's, 10k's,and prepared for a half, but could not run it for personal reasons. Stopped running in October due to cold weather and other issues. Now I am back - started today from week 3! Was not easy, but doable.
    It kills me to realize I could run non-stop for 2 hours just 6 months ago, and had to do 2 min intervals today! I am not even mentioning my speed - was like a turtle today!
    However, I am back and will keep pushing! Knowing I was able to do it in the past helps too. I plan to run 5k on March 26!
  • amber_beaney
    amber_beaney Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I believe that would refer to your pace time, so 16 minutes 38 seconds per mile, for example. If your fitbit has GPS, it's probably that.

Thank you! :)