Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Completed W4D1 today, and I'm not sure how but I did it. Those 3 minute/5 minute intervals were a huge jump from the 90 second/3 minute ones last week! That last 5 min marathon was a doozy, but I didn't stop. Slowed down, yes. But didn't stop!

Well done! I found it hard too, it is a massive jump, me and my friend didn't think we'd be able to do it but we just slowed down a bit and slogged it out haha. Well done you did it! :)

Wow, three of us on Week 4! :) We are almost half-way through, let's make it to the end! :)
  • coryh00
    coryh00 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 2
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Completed W4D1 today, and I'm not sure how but I did it. Those 3 minute/5 minute intervals were a huge jump from the 90 second/3 minute ones last week! That last 5 min marathon was a doozy, but I didn't stop. Slowed down, yes. But didn't stop!

Well done! I found it hard too, it is a massive jump, me and my friend didn't think we'd be able to do it but we just slowed down a bit and slogged it out haha. Well done you did it! :)

Wow, three of us on Week 4! :) We are almost half-way through, let's make it to the end! :)

Alrighty then, let's do it! If I can make it to the end of this thing without stopping, I'll be literally amazed with myself!

Has anyone signed up for an actual 5K yet?
  • Aine8046
    edited February 2016
    Options

Alrighty then, let's do it! If I can make it to the end of this thing without stopping, I'll be literally amazed with myself!
    Of course you can make it!

I did. March 26th! :) I am sure you can find a 5k nearby easily.
  • amber_beaney
    amber_beaney Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Woohoo, we can do it! :)
  • amber_beaney
    Options

You can do it! I have, 14th May for me, I'm hoping I'll be ready in time haha. :)
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    coryh00 wrote: »
    Week 7 day 2

Well done! I hope I make it that far :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

You can do it! I have, 14th May for me, I'm hoping I'll be ready in time haha. :)

Great! I just packed my gym bag for tomorrow's W4D2! We still have a lot of snow so I'm running on the treadmill so far...
  • briscogun
    Options
    I did. March 26th! :) I am sure you can find a 5k nearby easily.

Oh wow! You two rock! I'm still too nervous to sign up for one. There are 2 in my general area in May, so I may try for one (or both!) of those.

Finished W4D2 this morning, and once again I'm not sure how I did it but I managed every one of those running intervals without stopping. I did slow the last 5 minute segment down a notch again as I did last time, but I figured slow and steady works. One more time this week then its on to the dreaded Week 5!

Good luck, everyone! Just keep moving, it seems to work!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W4D2 is done!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Finished W4D2 this morning, and once again I'm not sure how I did it but I managed every one of those running intervals without stopping. I did slow the last 5 minute segment down a notch again as I did last time, but I figured slow and steady works. One more time this week then its on to the dreaded Week 5!

Good luck, everyone! Just keep moving, it seems to work!

You did it, awesome! Slow is great! Looking forward to the next run this weekend: )
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Week 7 day 2

Amber, how is your W4D2 coming up? :)
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    Week 7 day 2

I did W4 D2 on Wednesday, it was still really hard but it definitely felt easier than W4 D1! My legs definitely feel it now that we are running for longer periods of time. The scales say that I have gained a pound this week though, which is rather annoying! W4 D3 is tomorrow for me.

How did you find W4 D2 compared with W4 D1?

Well done everyone! :)

• briscogun
    Options
    Nice work!

I think W4D2 was actually harder for me, but I think it was more mental than physical. I was pretty tired and had to push myself. W4D3 is tomorrow: Once more unto the breach...!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Week 7 day 2

I did W4 D2 on Wednesday, it was still really hard but it definitely felt easier than W4 D1! My legs definitely feel it now that we are running for longer periods of time. The scales say that I have gained a pound this week though, which is rather annoying! W4 D3 is tomorrow for me.

In fact it was easier! We'll see how tomorrow will be... I had a lot of cookies/candies/cake today (it is my birthday :)) I am afraid tomorrow might be heavy :)

• amber_beaney
    Options
    Nice work!

I think W4D2 was actually harder for me, but I think it was more mental than physical. I was pretty tired and had to push myself. W4D3 is tomorrow: Once more unto the breach...!

I agree it's definitely sometimes harder mentally than it is physically, I've started listening to music as I go in the hopes of zoning out a bit so that my brain stops asking me why I am doing this every thirty seconds haha. W4D3 was today, still felt difficult, kind of dreading next week to be honest! Haha.

Keep on keeping on!
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    Week 7 day 2

In fact it was easier! We'll see how tomorrow will be... I had a lot of cookies/candies/cake today (it is my birthday :)) I am afraid tomorrow might be heavy :)

Happy birthday! I hope you had a lovely day :)
  • briscogun
    Options
    I agree it's definitely sometimes harder mentally than it is physically, I've started listening to music as I go in the hopes of zoning out a bit so that my brain stops asking me why I am doing this every thirty seconds haha. W4D3 was today, still felt difficult, kind of dreading next week to be honest! Haha.

Keep on keeping on!

Same here, knocked out W4D3 this morning. I have the same music hopes/likes that you do! I made up a playlist or two a week ago, but it wasn't really helping anymore (same songs, new day), so this morning I downloaded the Rock My Run app, and it was cool! I got an email from Zen Labs (that's the C25K program I'm using) and they had an offer for like 10 free stations or something. I chose the 80's station and it was really great! Totally kept my mind off the clock, just enjoyed the new music, and I kept up my pace at a 5.5 the whole way through without slowing down for the last leg like before. I'm actually looking forward to Monday and trying out a new playlist!

Keep it up, everyone! Halfway there...!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Happy birthday! I hope you had a lovely day :)

Thanks! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

Keep on keeping on!

Same here, knocked out W4D3 this morning. I have the same music hopes/likes that you do! I made up a playlist or two a week ago, but it wasn't really helping anymore (same songs, new day), so this morning I downloaded the Rock My Run app, and it was cool! I got an email from Zen Labs (that's the C25K program I'm using) and they had an offer for like 10 free stations or something. I chose the 80's station and it was really great! Totally kept my mind off the clock, just enjoyed the new music, and I kept up my pace at a 5.5 the whole way through without slowing down for the last leg like before. I'm actually looking forward to Monday and trying out a new playlist!

Keep it up, everyone! Halfway there...!
    Guys, you rock! I am about to go for W4D3. Will let you know once I am done! :)