Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you all, you all do a great job! Keep it up!

Week 5 finished! I was so excited to run that 20 min today. I decided I was gonna run slowly though, so that I could finish it. And I did! I was so happy I made it that I walked for 2 min and ran another 6 to celebrate it haha :# I am happy about my pace too, staying close to 12min/mi :smile:
    I can't believe I am saying that - me, somebody who used to hate jogging - but I can't wait to run again Saturday! :smiley:
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    W7D2 done! It felt pretty warm out there today (68F, very sunny, not much of a breeze). The run was about like the last one - it took some willpower but I made myself keep running even though I wanted to drop to a walk. I was a little slower, but only a little.

Most of the time I feel really proud of the fact that I'm doing this. Except... in the middle of a run. Then I question my sanity and wonder if I really want to keep at it. :o
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    sueann10 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone
    Today I graduated! :) First time I have ever completed a fitness programme such as this. I could not have done it without the support from this group. Thank you for all the tips and suggestions. My 5K is on the 12th June and between now and then, I plan to work on my speed. Also plan to start B210K.

From my experience, I suggest trusting yourself to move forward every week. I can't believe I can run 30mins straight now! I'm officially a runner :)

Keep going, you've got this.

Congrats!
  • Aine8046
    edited May 2016
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    W7D2 done! It felt pretty warm out there today (68F, very sunny, not much of a breeze). The run was about like the last one - it took some willpower but I made myself keep running even though I wanted to drop to a walk. I was a little slower, but only a little.

Most of the time I feel really proud of the fact that I'm doing this. Except... in the middle of a run. Then I question my sanity and wonder if I really want to keep at it. :o
    Week 7 Day 2 done too! :)
    Ran right after rain - fresh and crispy air!

lmxi74ub27qk.jpg

hndhxinrsecr.jpg

• rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @famousmel
    Thank you! Dr said it's a meniscus sprain. Have me strengthening exercises to do. Did them tonight. I do haven Eliptical type machine. She ok'd me to use that. Hoping for quick recovery!!

@nancyN975 thank you!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    I'm going to call this one my Superman workout run... not because I felt like Superman, but because apparently MapMyFitness thinks I can leap tall buildings in a single bound! Along with the C25K app, I use MMF so I can measure my distance and pace and during the week I run downtown since it is close to my gym and work. I ran under a covered walkway and it must have lost the GPS signal and not picked it back up on the other side until I opened the app. Anyway, W2D3 is complete... I know I have a long way to go, but I am feeling good physically and mentally about this challenge.

xqx28zyn5nj5.png
    My phone does it to me quite often (we live in a rural area with a weak signal) and i hate it when it happens! :neutral:
    Good thing I have few "standard" routes and know my pace pretty well, so if it drops the signal I can often "guesstimate" the distance pretty accurately and double check it late at home on MMF website...
  • Aine8046
    Options
    So I did w6d2 today, and for some reason decided to skip the walking interval between the two 10-minute running intervals. So I did 23 minutes without stopping. I am indeed crazy. :smile:

Awesome! :)
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm so disappointed in myself :( Today was W4D2 and I just totally gave up on the last run segment. Like, looked at my phone at the 2 minutes mark and just stopped running and walking home. I know I could have done it cause I'd already done one 5 min segment and I got through W4D1 which is identical, but I just gave up. I'm so disappointed :(
  • NancyN795
    Options
    @smiles4jo : Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have days when what should be a perfectly doable run just isn't. For me, there's usually no really identifiable reason. You'll probably do fine next time.

I find that trying to do anything with my phone while I'm running is a bad idea. If I keep running while I pull it out I risk dropping it or tripping because I'm not paying enough attention to my running. If I drop to a walk "just long enough" to do whatever it is I feel a need to do, I have a hard time sticking to the running program for the rest of the run.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    W6d3 is in the books. No more walking from here on out! (Well, except for warm-up)
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    smiles4jo wrote: »
    I'm so disappointed in myself :( Today was W4D2 and I just totally gave up on the last run segment. Like, looked at my phone at the 2 minutes mark and just stopped running and walking home. I know I could have done it cause I'd already done one 5 min segment and I got through W4D1 which is identical, but I just gave up. I'm so disappointed :(

Bad runs happen. Just brush it off and get back out there the next time! We have faith in you!
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Exactly. Bad runs happen, it's normal. Nothing to feel bad or upset about. Next time will be better :)

W6D1 done. Stayed under 12min/mile so I am proud of myself :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    smiles4jo wrote: »
    There can be many reasons: too hot, too cold, too dry, too humid, you ate/drank too much, you ate/drank too little, you name it...
    Next time will be better.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W6d3 is in the books. No more walking from here on out! (Well, except for warm-up)

Awesome! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    inka912 wrote: »

W6D1 done. Stayed under 12min/mile so I am proud of myself :)

Cool! :)
  • NancyN795
    Options
    W7D3 done! I had a busy day ahead, but since I skipped yesterday (gloomy, cold and I wasn't feeling great), I knew I needed to go today, so I went fairly early. It was still cloudy and kind of cool, but actually a nice temperature for running once I'd warmed up. I think my runs go better if I do them before our usual 5 mile walk. (Duh!) ;) But, it's not always easy to schedule it that way. Today we took a 3 mile walk in town (so, shorter and no hills) while running errands (and after my run). Much easier.

@Aine8046 : Beautiful flowers. We've got a few chokecherry bushes blooming along our road right now. They smell really good!
  • Aine8046
    edited May 2016
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »

@Aine8046 : We've got a few chokecherry bushes blooming along our road right now. They smell really good!

I love chockecherry - both smell and taste! My grandma used to made chockecherry pies! :)
    Good job on finishing Week 3!
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Love this pic!
    Coming to keep myself motivated. I haven't been able to run since 2 Saturdays ago now, due to bilateral meniscus sprains. so bummed. The pain seems to be slightly better today. Keep up the great work gang! I can't wait to resume! I'm hanging on W3D3, but will most likely just do what I can do not to over do anything and get right back to where I am now.
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Did w7d1 yesterday. This was only the second time doing a c25k workout outdoors. I usually do it MWF on the treadmills at work, but the treadmills are going to be hogged up today so I decided to go S-Tu-Th today, which meant Sunday outdoors!

I totally surprised myself. I was not expecting to be able to go 25 minutes outdoors, with all the additional factors such as hills and wind. I had the earbud in one ear and told myself, "Just keep running until the voice says to stop." There was one time I wanted to stop, but I told myself "NO" out loud and just kept going, LOL. I ran along the Prairie Path for most of it, which is a lovely little path that cuts through town, and it was full of other people out running and biking, so that was fun to see.

When it was all over, I had run TWO MILES! Holy cow, that's just amazing. ANd now I know I can run outdoors just as well as on a treadmill. Yay me.