Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement after the bad run. I'm going to try again tonight and, hopefully, it will be better!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty awesome! Keep it up!

I just realized I skipped one day and did W6D3 today. So instead of running two 10 min intervals, I ran for 20+ min straight :o Oh well. Earlier, when planning whether I should start running by time or mileage, I decided I was gonna start running by distance though. And so I ran 2.25 mi in 26 min today :smile:
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Doing W5D1 tonight! I'm definitely a little nervous!
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I did it! After the awful run on Friday where I just gave up, I finished W4D2 today in the pouring rain.

I feel like Superwoman! :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Did w7d1 yesterday. This was only the second time doing a c25k workout outdoors. I usually do it MWF on the treadmills at work, but the treadmills are going to be hogged up today so I decided to go S-Tu-Th today, which meant Sunday outdoors!

I totally surprised myself. I was not expecting to be able to go 25 minutes outdoors, with all the additional factors such as hills and wind. I had the earbud in one ear and told myself, "Just keep running until the voice says to stop." There was one time I wanted to stop, but I told myself "NO" out loud and just kept going, LOL. I ran along the Prairie Path for most of it, which is a lovely little path that cuts through town, and it was full of other people out running and biking, so that was fun to see.

When it was all over, I had run TWO MILES! Holy cow, that's just amazing. ANd now I know I can run outdoors just as well as on a treadmill. Yay me.
    inka912 wrote: »
    @RespectTheKitty awesome! Keep it up!

I just realized I skipped one day and did W6D3 today. So instead of running two 10 min intervals, I ran for 20+ min straight :o Oh well. Earlier, when planning whether I should start running by time or mileage, I decided I was gonna start running by distance though. And so I ran 2.25 mi in 26 min today :smile:

@RespectTheKitty and @inka912 Great Job 5km = 3.1 miles you are almost there.
    A word of warning once you start running outside with the changing scenery, people, dogs, and small terrain changes you will find it a struggle to run on the TM. Its probably 2 years since I did a TM run, and I live in Northern Canada where we have ( its a local joke ) 6 months of winter and 6 months of bad skiing.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options

When it was all over, I had run TWO MILES! Holy cow, that's just amazing. ANd now I know I can run outdoors just as well as on a treadmill. Yay me.

Congrats! This feeling is really awesome! :)
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So I have 'completed' the C25K (timed), but am still at 2.3 miles. It has been a 14 week journey for me with the transition to outdoors. My biggest struggle right now? EVERY day is harder than the day before with the increase in distance!! I used to enjoy the challenge, but at this point I'm sleeping an extra hour at night and still tired when I wake up. I only have 3.5 weeks til my 5K, and I am trying to stay focused but frustration is taking over. Anyone else feeling the burnout?
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    W8D1 done! I'm surprising myself at what sort of conditions I find acceptable to run in. It was low 40s and raining lightly and I was perfectly fine with it! I didn't put it off until tomorrow (when the sun is actually expected to make an appearance) or decide to run inside on the treadmill.

I seem to be getting slower every time I run. I'm not sure if that is good or bad at the moment. I'm not going for any speed records and I want to be sure I don't injure anything or push too hard. I just want to run a full 5K distance. The elevation gain is up to 250 feet now and will be more by the time I get to the full distance as the hill only gets steeper for the rest of the distance.

@famousmel : That doesn't sound good, or normal. I'd say to cut back to where you were before it got to be so hard and see if you feel better. If you don't feel better, then maybe a trip to the doctor is in order. There's no point in making yourself miserable and/or sick just because of an arbitrary date (your 5K in 3.5 weeks).
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    W7d2 complete. Much easier on the treadmill LOL.
  • inka912
    Options
    W7d2 complete. Much easier on the treadmill LOL.

Really? That's funny, I find it harder on the treadmill lol Just like @juliet3455 said, as I got used to running outside, I started struggling on the treadmill :wink:
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    inka912 wrote: »

Really? That's funny, I find it harder on the treadmill lol Just like @juliet3455 said, as I got used to running outside, I started struggling on the treadmill :wink:

Treadmill is what I'm used to right now, so yeah, I find it easier. I hope to do more outside running now that the weather is getting better.
  • Xxlune
    Xxlune Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I tried to be sporty this morning and got up at 6AM to get my run in before going to work. I don't know what happened but I lost balance at some point and smacked into the concrete sidewalk :)

My hands are completely scraped open and my knees are even worse. There was blood and dirt everywhere - guess I won't be running for at least a day or two :(

Anyone else had this happen or am I the only idiot who fell on her face while running?
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone! You inspire me to keep going :smiley:

Me and the boyfriend are both doing the C25K together and we did W3D1 on Monday. I'll admit, I was so nervous about it! We did 2 extra days of Week 2 but then didn't do it for about a week due to issues going on. However, W3D1 went great!!! The 3 minute runs seemed so long but they went by so much better than I expected. My breathing on the run portions is improving and I didn't once look at him and tell him I was going to die LOL Huge confidence booster!

Doing W3D2 this afternoon if the weather is reasonable (I can handle a drizzle but not a downpour). He'll be out of town next week for work so I'm hoping he keeps up where he's at and that I stay motivated to do my runs without him. Until I check in this evening, keep kicking a**, you guys!
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    And for those of you who can tolerate a treadmill, I don't see how you do it! I used to have a bike trainer for the days when I couldn't go out to ride and, while I absolutely love riding outdoors, it was like torture to use the trainer. There's so much more to the experience when you're outdoors!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Xxlune wrote: »
    I tried to be sporty this morning and got up at 6AM to get my run in before going to work. I don't know what happened but I lost balance at some point and smacked into the concrete sidewalk :)

My hands are completely scraped open and my knees are even worse. There was blood and dirt everywhere - guess I won't be running for at least a day or two :(

Anyone else had this happen or am I the only idiot who fell on her face while running?

At least twice, once in the gym (track) in a crowd of people. You are not alone!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @Xxlune I have two face plants in my past, one on a bush trail and I caught a small piece of wire sticking out of the ground with my toe and Bang down I went. The second one was on December 26, a lady had her two dogs cross leashed to each other and she was skating on a frozen pond beside the Riverbank Trails. The dogs ran away from her and chased me from behind. The dog's ran past me - one on each side and the cross leash was right in my feet which dropped me hard to the ground.
    Xxlune the Trail you were on is it a rough service bush type trail or a manicured trail. I have had stumbles caused by not paying enough attention to the trail surface and getting caught by a root or a un-even surface.
  • Xxlune
    Xxlune Posts: 34 Member
    Options

juliet3455 wrote: »
    @Xxlune I have two face plants in my past, one on a bush trail and I caught a small piece of wire sticking out of the ground with my toe and Bang down I went. The second one was on December 26, a lady had her two dogs cross leashed to each other and she was skating on a frozen pond beside the Riverbank Trails. The dogs ran away from her and chased me from behind. The dog's ran past me - one on each side and the cross leash was right in my feet which dropped me hard to the ground.
    Xxlune the Trail you were on is it a rough service bush type trail or a manicured trail. I have had stumbles caused by not paying enough attention to the trail surface and getting caught by a root or a un-even surface.

Ouch, both sound very painful! I'm glad I am not alone though!

The route I was running was just ending and I had to cross a street with traffic. I looked up, missed a small part of the pavement, and I went flying. I guess I just lost balance?

For the future I will try to run on softer ground as much as possible haha

Just_Ceci wrote: »

At least twice, once in the gym (track) in a crowd of people. You are not alone!

Ouch!! At least there weren't any spectators to see me smack down :(
  • inka912
    Options
    W7D1 done.
    2.5 mi in 29 min, but man, it was a tough run. I had to walk two times, for about 1-2 min. Well, I think the reason is that I am really sore from yesterday's lifting, plus I ended up eating too little that day.
    Looking forward to running again on Friday though :smiley:
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    W8D2 done.

Really, really hard today, but I kept running. On the positive side, my pace was a bit faster than last time.
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Finished w7d3 yesterday. Wanted to hit two miles running so I ran a couple minutes into the cool down. My pace is still pretty slow, about a 13:30 minute mile. Then again. I'm on the treadmill and I'm not really messing with the speed much, just keeping it nice and easy. When I ran outdoors I was a little bit faster, around 12 minutes.