Replies

• jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    w2d3 done.onwards to week 3.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Im running with a friend for the first time tonight and I am a little nervous!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Im running with a friend for the first time tonight and I am a little nervous!

Just have fun!
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I was going to do a week 1 run (of 5K to 10K) today, but my phone let me down - RunDouble quit and MMW was giving me nonsense - so I ended up trying to run but dropping to a walk fairly frequently. I really need a program to keep me on task. Then, on the way back down my knee was twinging a bit, and my husband was walking not too far behind me (he was walking and turned around when I got back to where he was), so since the tracking wasn't working anyway, I just quit running and walked the rest of the way with him. :/
  • jennypapage
    Options
    w3d1 done.who would've thought i can run for 3' straight.
  • Lovemybody75
    Lovemybody75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Week 6 d3 finished! I didn't run 2 1/4 miles only 1.8 in those 21min.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Week 6 day 2 is tonight. Day 1 felt easy after doing the 20 minute run in week 5. Two 10 minute runs tonight should be fine :)
  • Kiekie007
    Kiekie007 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm onto W7D2. Feeling good...I'm looking forward to doing the entire 5k without walks. Monday I did a longer run (6.6 k) just to see how I would feel. I had to take a couple walk breaks but it wasn't too bad. Now I'm looking forward to running 25 minutes straight!
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I haven't ran since Friday. Have had a head cold and just so tired. I was up to 3-4 mile runs. Hoping to get back at within the next couple days. Scared of falling off the wagon! :(
  • NancyN795
    Options
    rnurse82 wrote: »
    I haven't ran since Friday. Have had a head cold and just so tired. I was up to 3-4 mile runs. Hoping to get back at within the next couple days. Scared of falling off the wagon! :(

I know what you mean! I have had to cut back due to a knee problem and it would be really easy to stop running. It's harder to figure out how to start back up without doing too much.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I had to take a few days off because I had a knee problem. I've had knee problems in the past (before I started running), but they were more typical arthritis. This was, apparently, a ligament problem. I don't think my running caused it, but since I could barely walk on Monday

@NancyN795 Always Smart to listen to your body and take the time to rest/recovery. A small niggle can grow into a major injury if you try to push through.
    On the Monthly Running Challenge they recently posted the link to YouTube videos for how to apply KT tape that might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2xYUxXrjxk
  • NancyN795
    Options
    I succeeded in doing the 5K to 10K Week 1 run that I'd planned on doing Monday today. Pretty good run. The weather was fairly cool, with clouds - although the wind was a bit more than I'd like occasionally (I don't want to lose my hat and it makes it hard to hear the podcast I have playing). It did take some willpower to get out there and do it after taking it easy for a while after my knee problem.

My stats today: 4.38 miles in 58:00 for a pace of 13:15. The last time I did the same run, back in early July, my pace was 13:32. More evidence of improvement.
  • Lovemybody75
    Options
    Finished week 7 day 1! The last 5-7 minutes were tough to get through! What to do after week 8?
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Finished week 7 day 1! The last 5-7 minutes were tough to get through! What to do after week 8?

Great job! It will get a little easier as your body adjusts to running longer and further. As far as what's next... I had the same question and it was suggested to move on to the C210K/B210K program even if you're not interested in actually running a 10K. This has helped my endurance as well as pace for the 5K. I have my 1st 5K race tomorrow (weather permitting) and I'm so excited. :smile:

Good luck!
  • Lovemybody75
    Options
    Thanks and good luck rusgolden!
  • jennypapage
    Options
    finished week 3 today. i'm already dreading week 4.
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been doing other kinds of cardio lately, instead of C25K, but I am back on track now :smile:
    W4D2 done.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5K race this morning and so happy with my time! I've not run in a group before, so I think that helped push my pace a little bit. Back on 6/19 I completed my C25K training with a time of 29:44, on 7/26 after training a couple more weeks I ran in 27:53... todays time was 26:08! I was able to start off well and maintain a good pace.

For those of you just starting this program or feeling discouraged, stay with it... I never considered myself a runner before, so where ever you are in your journey, keep the faith, this is a great program to ease yourself into running.
  • NancyN795
    Options
    Today I did a 5K to 10K Week 2 run. I was going to do it yesterday, but my phone totally bailed on me again and I recognized it fairly early in the run, so I just gave up rather than fighting with it and just rejoined my husband on the walk instead (lately, on days when I run, he walks our usual route while I run and when I finish my running I use the cool down to walk back and rejoin him for the end of the walk).

My stats today: 5.07 miles in 65:29 for a pace of 12:54. That pace amazes me! I'm not sure how I did it - I sure didn't feel fast today. The last time I did the same run, back on July 16, my pace was 13:52.