Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 1 done. I was able to cover 2.5 mi in 28 minutes so not too bad :smile:
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I tackled W5D1 of 5K to 10K again today. I still walked on the steepest uphill parts, but much less than on Saturday's attempt, so I'm counting it.

Stats: 6.3 miles in 81:19 for a pace of 12:54.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    w6d1 completed. i think i was going faster today, because at the last 5' i felt pooped. speed is something i definitely have to work on, but at my height i don't have any unrealistic expectations. i have short legs, so a smaller stride than normal people.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 COMPLETED! This is a really big step for me and I'm looking forward to next week!
  • jennypapage
    Options
    w6d2 done. it was hard today. pretty warm outside and i felt a bit tired. i'm glad i have the weekend to rest before i attempt the 22 minutes. from now on there are no more walking breaks,so i'm interested to see how that will go.
  • NancyN795
    Options
    W5D2 of 5K to 10K today. I'm still walking more often than I'd like. I think I'm going to finish the 5K to 10K program and then cut back to a shorter distance and work on not dropping to a walk on the steep parts.

Stats: 6.3 miles in 81:29 for a pace of 12:56.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    w6d2 done. it was hard today. pretty warm outside and i felt a bit tired. i'm glad i have the weekend to rest before i attempt the 22 minutes. from now on there are no more walking breaks,so i'm interested to see how that will go.

You got this... as others who have gone before you, the program works... trust in the program and believe in yourself!
    Finished the c25k! First time I have actually completed an exercise program! Did 2.75 miles on week 8 d3. Now will work on speed.

Great job!! When attempting to work on speed, others had suggested to me to move on to the Bridge to 10K program. I had no desire to run a 10K race, but decided to go ahead and move on to that program and it really did help my endurance and therefore my pace. From when I finished the C25K program until I actually ran my first 5K race was about 5 weeks later, I decreased my 5K time by almost 4 minutes.
  • jennypapage
    Options
    w6d3 done. two more weeks to go. i can't wait to tell my family i can run for 30' non stop.i don't know if they'll even believe me! :smiley:
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    w6d3 done. two more weeks to go. i can't wait to tell my family i can run for 30' non stop.i don't know if they'll even believe me! :smiley:
    If they doubt you, invite them to join you on a run :)
  • jennypapage
    Options
    rickc74 wrote: »
    If they doubt you, invite them to join you on a run :)

can't .we live in different countries :smile:
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...that definitely makes it challenging...
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 completed. I wanted to keep my running days Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday but I was unable to because I'm weight training and needed an extra day for leg recovery. My run today was pretty good. Looking forward to Wednesday!
  • NancyN795
    Options
    W5D3 of 5K to 10K. I think that I walked less than last time - however, when I do run on the steep parts, it is clearly no faster than I walk, since I'm not any faster. Next time, I'm supposed to run the full 10K distance. I'm sure I'll still end up with some walking.

Stats: 6.3 miles in 81:47 for a pace of 12:58.
  • jennypapage
    Options
    w7d1 completed. the first 5' were hard. i felt a bit tired today so i slowed down as much as i could for the majority of the run, then at the last 5' i had a good song come up, so i went a bit faster.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2 completed. I felt a bit tired but was able to push through. I even sprinted a bit during my cool down (I just felt the urge) but made sure to have a proper cool down. Feeling inspired!
  • josesel
    josesel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2 done yesterday. Eager to put week 6 past me tomorrow.
  • jennypapage
    Options
    w7d2 completed. i didn't think i would make it today.woke up feeling sore because the dog wanted to sleep between my legs last night..on top of that it's my TOM and i was tired and in pain.As soon as i started running the pain was gone and after the first 5' i felt much better. I'm so glad i have 2 full rest days now. I love weekends :smiley: