Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 3 completed. Focusing on my breathing helped but it will be easier when it's just second nature. On to week 4!
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 completed! I've done that run twice before over the past few years but for some reason never actually went on to do week 1 day 2. So I'm saying now that I WILL do it on Tuesday, either before or after work. Please yell at me if I don't!! No matter how busy things are, I can always make half an hour to go for a run.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Im doing a 5k tonight and im a little nervous<3 but its all okay :)
  • MelissaCV
    MelissaCV Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 1 completed this morning...I can't believe I ran 5 min straight, and twice! And I didn't feel like I was dying either! :smiley:

AND I did this on a fasting day!
  • guinevere96
    Options
    w8d3 done. yay! it took me exactly 8 weeks, i didn't have to repeat any.

That's really fantastic!
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is week 1 day 2! I need to do it in the morning before work because I KNOW I won't have the willpower to do it by the time I get home from work. Am packed for work and gym clothes laid out in front of the door. If I am lazy and don't do it, I still have to face the gym clothes!
  • josesel
    josesel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 done. Feeling awesome..!!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    MelissaCV wrote: »
    Week 4 day 1 completed this morning...I can't believe I ran 5 min straight, and twice! And I didn't feel like I was dying either! :smiley:

AND I did this on a fasting day!

wait till next week ,how awesome it will feel running for 20 minutes!
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress, everyone. Stick with it, it is rewarding :)
    I ran for a little longer last night, did 5.3k. The 5k was 3 seconds off my best time I've done. I'll take it.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    The ONE DAY I wake up at the crack of dawn to get a run it, its POURING outside. And sometimes ill run in the rain but this looks like I need to build an Ark.
  • MelissaCV
    Options
    wait till next week ,how awesome it will feel running for 20 minutes!

:o

I'll be so happy!

• PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 completed! My calves started burning bad half way through so I paused to stretch and finished strong.
  • josesel
    josesel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Done with Week 8 Day 2. Bettered the pace from day 1. Just one more day to go..!!
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Weather, and life, have interfered with running recently. Plus, lack of enthusiasm. I think it's not just the length of the 10K runs that's been getting to me but having to run up so many steep and/or long hills. I just stopped enjoying it. So, yesterday, I just did a 15 minute run - which was just over a mile. It was almost all uphill, just not the really long, steep hill. Then, I rejoined my husband for our usual walk (which also involves the same hills, but not running up them).

I still want to find a day to go somewhere where I can do a 10K run without hills, just to complete the program. Then, I'll try different approaches to bring back the enjoyment I once had in running.
  • MelissaCV
    Options
    Yesterday I completed Week 4 Day 2. I felt great!
  • kat00_ca
    kat00_ca Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Completed W2D2 yesterday after work. It was rough. My legs felt pretty dead but made it through. I think I need to eat something at work just before end of day to ensure that I have enough energy.