Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Coming back from a knee injury I did week 1 day 1 today. Sadly I have to do it on a treadmill but hey I still did it.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    another 30' run today. i was pretty slow, i always feel tired at the end of the week.
  • Lovemybody75
    Lovemybody75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 miles today finally! It took 42 min instead of 40 though!
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    All smiles! Week 4 day 2 completed! Day 1 was torture. My calves were burning, I had to take a break in the middle of my run and it made me hesitant to try day 2. Today, I warmed up for 10 minutes before starting, stretched my calves to capacity and slowed my pace a bit to 4.0 mph. (my legs are super short so it's a nice pace for me lol). Looking forward to completing this week tomorrow!
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    It's so inspiring seeing people graduate today! For me, I'm feeling more confident with self talk and supporting my body so that I continue to progress. I was afraid of week 3... COMPLETED! I was afraid of week 4.. Week 4 Day 3 now...COMPLETED! My body wants to be fit. It's my mind who I'm convincing. I'm staying the course. On to week 5!
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just did W1D1 and am excited by how good it felt. Its hard to imagine running for 30mins nonstop but I see all of your success and am feeling confidant!
  • MelissaCV
    MelissaCV Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I completed Week 5 Day 1 yesterday and felt great! B)

I have been following the program every other day (not just 3 times a week), not missing a day. One thing though...I took a peek at the workouts ahead and the app says that I am supposed to run 20min on Thursday! :o Really? Could it be?

Seeing everybody's success posts makes me believe it's possible for me too! :)
  • jennypapage
    edited September 2016
    Options
    another 30' run today.it went pretty good,i always have more energy in the beginning of the week. i even sped up at the last couple of minutes to an actual running speed.i'll stick to 30' for this week and let my body catch up, and add 3 more next week so i can eventually reach my 5k goal.
  • jennypapage
    Options
    MelissaCV wrote: »
    I completed Week 5 Day 1 yesterday and felt great! B)

I have been following the program every other day (not just 3 times a week), not missing a day. One thing though...I took a peek at the workouts ahead and the app says that I am supposed to run 20min on Thursday! :o Really? Could it be?

Seeing everybody's success posts makes me believe it's possible for me too! :)

yes you're correct.week5 day 3 is a 20' run and you can definitely do it.just go really slow and believe in yourself.we've all been there.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    A good MFP Blog about How to run longer distance. A lot of it reinforces the concepts of C25K

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/6-tips-run-long-youve-never-run-long/
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I ran in my 2nd 5K race this past Saturday and ended with a time of 24:31, which is 1:37 faster than my first 5K that I did in the beginning of August. Felt really good about it and had a pretty consistent pace.

I am planning my next race on October 9th and it will be an 8K double run (5K+3K). The 5K will have a start time of 8a and the 3K at 9:15a so will have approximately 45 minutes of rest/recovery time in between.

Thanks for the blog post @juliet3455 -- good reminders and HR is something I will pay closer attention to when running longer. I've done some 10K and 8 mile training runs this past month and I think my HR was close to the recommended range.
  • jennypapage
    Options
    i went for my 30' run today, and took the dog with me. that was ...quite challenging, but saved a bit of time.first we walked our normal route and then we continued for my warm up. at the beginning of the running process she was trying to stop and sniff everywhere, but after the first 20' she just followed and tried to stop only a couple of times. i'll take her with me on friday again and see if it will go any better. it might be a nice morning exercise for her.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Week 5 day 2 completed. This run was more difficult than the last one :-/ I think that it was because I didn't eat before hand, my calves were more crampy and these allergies are messing with my asthma. I'll reassess and tweak some things. Last run for the week scheduled for Friday!
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    GOOD NEWS

On July 5, 2016, I completed C25K. I was on top of the world! I cried on my walk home cause I was so incredibly proud of myself. I called my mother as soon as I got home cause she had been my biggest supporting of getting healthy again. I signed up for a race in October (next weekend actually) and another one for January in Disney World!

BAD NEWS

That was my last run…

I had a million excuses on why I didn’t keep running – It got too hot and I didn’t think it was safe. I had some family health issues going on, so I couldn’t devote the time to it. I didn’t know where to go from here as I wasn’t really interested in going further just yet and really just wanted to get faster, but didn’t know how to do that.

None of those excuses were great. It was like I had completed the program and so I was ‘done’.

MORE GOOD NEWS

Last night, I went out again for a run!  I figured I would start back at Week 3 as it had been almost three months and it’s not like I had been running the Week 8 distances consistently. It felt great to get out again! I hadn’t realized that I’d missed it so much! And it was EASY! I actually got to the end of the first run segment and literally said out loud “Seriously?” I could have easily kept going, but didn’t want to push too hard, so I just kept up with W3D1.

My current plan is to do the 10K program as I hear that is the best way to improve my 5K time. When I go out again tomorrow night, I’m going to do W4D1 and see how that goes. Essentially, my plan is to keep moving up the weeks until it’s a struggle and then start the program from there.

Does anyone have any other advice on how to get back into this?