Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Starting week 6 day 1 tomorrow and found a 5k to run in November!
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I just got home from my evacuation due to Hurricane Matthew. Kept up with program while out of town but running on hills was difficult in North Carolina. This morning back in the Lowcountry I finished Week 4, Day 2.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've been on a little hiatus. After being I'll it was hard to get back to it. My last run was 9/21 w5d2. I decided to start from my last run to see if I needed to repeat anything but my w5d2 has been repeated and I'm ready to move forward! I was a bit winded towards the end but I should get that together in a couple of runs. Looking forward to continuing!
  • ciaralizabeth
    ciaralizabeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just found this group. I just completed week 4 day 1. I didnt think i was ready to proceed, so i repeated week 3 (and week 2). I was surprised that I could run the 5 mins each time.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    laffercat wrote: »
    Just found this group. Finished the dreaded week 5 day 3 today. So excited and proud of that 20 minute run.

Congrats! I remember the day I did that run...was a great feeling :)
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    week 4 day 3 complete!! onto week 5 tomorrow, iv heard that this week it starts to get intense, how il be able to run for 20 minutes I'm not to sure!!!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    week 4 day 3 complete!! onto week 5 tomorrow, iv heard that this week it starts to get intense, how il be able to run for 20 minutes I'm not to sure!!!

I hear you! I finished Week 4 yesterday and right now can't imagine doing 20 minutes in a week, but I'm gonna go for it!
  • laffercat
    laffercat Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Rinde99 wrote: »

I hear you! I finished Week 4 yesterday and right now can't imagine doing 20 minutes in a week, but I'm gonna go for it!

I didn't think I could do it either but I made it through yesterday. Just keep swimming!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    one month after finishing the app by running for 30' straight, i have now completed a full 5k in just under 45' . feeling very happy today.i will run 2 more 5ks this week and next week i will start the c210k starting from week 9.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Rinde99 wrote: »

Trust in the program and believe in yourself! I finished the program about 3-4 months ago and moved onto the 10K program to help increase my endurance and pace. I've done 2 normal 5K races and also did an 8K double run (5K+3K) and I am amazed at what my body has been able to do when I've never really run before this year. Unfortunately I pulled a calf muscle during the 8K run, so I'm sidelined for a bit. Good luck!
    one month after finishing the app by running for 30' straight, i have now completed a full 5k in just under 45' . feeling very happy today.i will run 2 more 5ks this week and next week i will start the c210k starting from week 9.

Great job Jenny!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    I decided to change my direction somewhat. I went online last week and purchased a 20 Week training program from a running coach. It slows down the running intervals a bit so I won't be running the 20 minutes this Friday after all. Frankly, I'm relieved. I certainly didn't feel ready for the 20 and prefer the more gradual approach. Additionally, the program takes me beyond running 30 minutes to 70 minutes over distance as well as running fartleks and strides in the upcoming months.

@rusgolden Hope your calf heals quickly so you can get back to running! Thanks for your post.
  • jennypapage
    Options
    never in my weildest dreams did i imagine before i started the program that i would go run out in the rain ,so i won't miss my running day. i got cold, wet, and my feet soaking wet but i still finished my 5k. i had to stop for like 20 seconds to tie my shoe lace, but i don't count that. if anything it hindered my progress. i had just found my mojo, and then i lost it because of this silly pause. :neutral:
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    never in my weildest dreams did i imagine before i started the program that i would go run out in the rain ,so i won't miss my running day. i got cold, wet, and my feet soaking wet but i still finished my 5k. i had to stop for like 20 seconds to tie my shoe lace, but i don't count that. if anything it hindered my progress. i had just found my mojo, and then i lost it because of this silly pause. :neutral:

I hate when my laces come untied. When I remember, I double knot them before starting...
  • awesomeelly
    awesomeelly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just finished the dreaded w5d3. I had to take the speed down a few notches (on my treadmill) and I took two 30-second breaks to catch my breath, but I feel pretty good. My husband is doing w5d3 on Saturday and I will run it again with him. We're going to run outdoors for that one.

We're signed up for a Thanksgiving Day 6k and I don't know if we're going to make it! If we stick to the plan we'll be done with it the Monday of Thanksgiving week.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    I just finished the dreaded w5d3. I had to take the speed down a few notches (on my treadmill) and I took two 30-second breaks to catch my breath, but I feel pretty good. My husband is doing w5d3 on Saturday and I will run it again with him. We're going to run outdoors for that one.

We're signed up for a Thanksgiving Day 6k and I don't know if we're going to make it! If we stick to the plan we'll be done with it the Monday of Thanksgiving week.

Great job on getting it done!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Hi, new here. Today I'll be doing week 3, day 3.

After my last run I went to a local running store and got some help with some running shoes. The shop owner was fantastic. Who knew there was so much to getting the right shoes?!? And, so much to figuring out the right way to lace them for your foot! Anyway, I'll be trying them out today but all signs are good!

No particular plans to participate in a 5k but we'll see how I feel in a few weeks.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options

Ha! Just the other day I saw a guy out running in the rain and told my husband "I'm never going to be that type of runner." He just looked at me with his eyebrows raised. We'll see who's right.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

@jennypapaje & @shrcpr Just wait once you have mastered running in the Rain - it gets better - Winter Running in Sub zero Temps. This is what I looked like last year after one of our coldest running days I believe it was -28C = -19F. I was quite comfortable - except when my eyelash's froze together and I had to use my bare hand to remove the ice B) You will notice I actually have the zipper opened at least half way on my coat.

ccd2ktgk6p6b.jpg
  • jennypapage
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »

@jennypapaje & @shrcpr Just wait once you have mastered running in the Rain - it gets better - Winter Running in Sub zero Temps. This is what I looked like last year after one of our coldest running days I believe it was -28C = -19F. I was quite comfortable - except when my eyelash's froze together and I had to use my bare hand to remove the ice B) You will notice I actually have the zipper opened at least half way on my coat.

ccd2ktgk6p6b.jpg

wow that is true determination!