Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    It's surpsrising how much you miss running when your schedule gets messed up.

@jennypapaje It's official - You are a runner, You are Addicted - in a good way. B)
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    haha,thanks. i guess i am :smiley:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I did w5d1 yesterday, distance version. The best part was the drizzling rain that started just as I finished the last run interval.

2n11oxpwnuv8.gifr6vgn2h0eb2e.gif
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I did week 2 day 1 this morning. Super pumped to be back on this journey.
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Finished w1d1 today. I've completed the program before and fell off the wagon. Time to get back on it!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    w5d2 yesterday- 2 runs of 3/4 mile with a 1/2 mile walk between, so 2 miles in 25:03. I felt good and am happier with my progress. We'll see how I feel after a 2 mile run tomorrow!
  • brant710
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 in the books.
  • jennypapage
    Options
    c210k week eleven completed.3 more weeks to go!
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    C25K week 6 complete! I'm actually starting to think I can do this. I'm no where near running 3 miles, but I can run for 22 minutes straight!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Ran my 2 miles in 21:58 yesterday to finish week 5!

Today was our Girls on the Run 5k. We had about 900 girls running the race, each one with a buddy runner. I think there were about 3,000 participants. I ran/ walked keeping an eye on some of our girls and finished in 38:39.
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Accidentally did w3d2 yesterday instead of week w1d2. Didn't even notice until it said I was finished, and it felt good. Decided to see how long I could run without stopping and made it 10 minutes! I've found once I get into a good groove, I feel like I can run forever.
  • jennypapage
    Options
    c210k w12d1.i can't wait to finish and try the 5k again, see if i have reduced my time.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 restarted...completed
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Yesterday's run was meh, w6d1- 2.25 miles in 28:53. I was running on the campus of our local community college, so lots of street crossings and changes of direction. Because it is getting dark so early, that is my best option if I can't run at lunch or get off work early because it is near work.
  • brant710
    Options
    Wk3d1 in the books. Wow 3 minutes seems like a long time.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Restarted today, W1D1. It's the third winter I have done this program. I moved to the mountains this summer and was worried about running up the hills and running out of breath at 5000 feet. But, I had no problems today and felt great running all six intervals. All the walking I have been doing for the past few months was good preparation.
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    W3D2 in the books
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    W6D2 done yesterday. This is harder than I remember it being the first time!
    :|
  • brant710
    Options
    Wk3d2 done
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Restarted today, W1D1. I moved to the mountains this summer and was worried about running up the hills and running out of breath at 5000 feet. But, I had no problems today and felt great running all six intervals. All the walking I have been doing for the past few months was good preparation.

@jennybearlv There is the proof that walking is a valuable form of slow - low impact exercise that pays big Dividends. :) Pretty soon you will be doing the same distance in 3 intervals.