c210k w12 completed.2 weeks left.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    C25K week 7 complete. Bring on week 8!
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 3 this morning, and something funny happened. When I got to the cool down, I ran instead B) I'm not sure that I have ever run for 5 minutes without stopping.

Thank you to everyone who has done this before me. I keep trusting the program, and I keep surprising myself.
  • nd0023
    nd0023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    W4D2 - completed yesterday. 2 miles in 26:33. I hate running and this is my 3rd or 4th attempt with this, but I'm determined to participate in at least one 5k as my New Year's resolution. A lot of cramping up and stretching every time I started walking again. I'm actually looking forward to just running without stopping just to get it over with.
  • pdo27789
    Options
    Week 4, day 1 in the books, despite the first hint of winter, flurries, -3 (-9 with wind chill).

My legs were cool despite the tights, so they will not cut it once we get into proper winter - I'll probably run through -20 and colder many times.

I believe they will be warm enough, without wind. So obviously I will need to layer. What do people use for an outer? Will windbreaker pants hold too much moisture?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    w6d3 completed on Saturday- 2.25 miles in 26:31 on a hilly course. I had to walk a couple of times, but am going ahead with w7d1 today.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    c210k w13d1 & w13d2 completed.it went surprisingly well today. friday is the last time i will have a break during my run.next week i have to run the full hour non stop,but i feel good so i'm not worried. i'm guessing i will end up covering 6.5-7k in that hour.nowhere near the full 10k yet.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    pdo27789 wrote: »
    I believe they will be warm enough, without wind. So obviously I will need to layer. What do people use for an outer? Will windbreaker pants hold too much moisture?
    @pdo27789 The tights I have are fine in the wind - Gore Model ??? & Nike. Maybe yours are alight weight tight or not wind proof - resistant. Maybe you picked up a Base Layer Tight as I have a few Fleece Base Layers that the wind rips right through.

• jennypapage
    edited November 2016
    Options
    c210k w13d3 completed. i hate running in this cold weather. i have to wear an extra layer and then halfway i'm hot already, but can't be bothered to take it off. despite that, it went great. it feels awesome seeing how much my stamina has increased in just these past 5 months, since i started c25k.
    Interesting observation..Up until recently, the 5 first minutes of a run were always hard. My legs felt tired and heavy. Not anymore. Now i can start running at a good pace immediately, my legs feel normal.I guess my muscles and bones finally caught up.
  • pdo27789
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @pdo27789 The tights I have are fine in the wind - Gore Model ??? & Nike. Maybe yours are alight weight tight or not wind proof - resistant. Maybe you picked up a Base Layer Tight as I have a few Fleece Base Layers that the wind rips right through.

You are correct. I picked up a base layer. They are warm underneath, but wind blows right through without an outer layer. Lesson learned.

I've ordered a windproof layer to hold me off until I can get to a running store. Having to rely on Amazon is a little frustrating!
  • pdo27789
    Options
    Week 4 complete B)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I ran w7d2 in the gym on the indoor track because it was cold and drizzly and I was being a whiny baby. :p

2.5 miles (35 laps) in 28:25. Probably was actually a little farther, because I was dodging people who insist on walking in the passing lane. :|
  • RemarkablyUnremarkable
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    C25K complete! Still can't run 5K, but I can run for 30 minutes without stopping. Woohoo!

This is awesome! I am just getting started. My legs are ready, my lungs not so much lol! :D
  • jennypapage
    Options
    c210kw14d2, 6.9k.Already improving :smiley:
  • pdo27789
    Options
    W5D2 in the books

W5D2 calls for:
    walk 5 / run 8 / walk 5 / run 8 / walk 5
    But I did:
    walk 7 / run 11.5 / walk 3.5 / run 13.5 / walk 4.5+

Bring on W5D3 B)
  • jennypapage
    edited November 2016
    Options
    you really shouldn't do more than what the program tells you to, just because you can. you're running the risk of getting an injury. your lungs may be able to take the strain, but your legs may not be.it took me 4 months to stop feeling the exhaustion on my legs the first 5 minutes of my run, and it took me less than 2 months to run for 30' without a break.i just did what the program said, and i got through c25k and c210k injury free. no need to hurry :smile:
  • laffercat
    laffercat Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    3rd 5k race done today! It was a lot of hills, which meant walking. So pretty slow. I also hiked 11 miles yesterday so I had dead legs.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Restarting....... again...... C25K Zenlabs

W3D1 Dec 1 1.06 miles