Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    W4D1 complete! I was running at 6.0 (my goal pace) but found that it was really hard to hold that pace for 3 minutes last week, so I dropped my pace to 5.0 today for W4D1. Much more doable. Still definitely challenging, but made it through. Onward and upward!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    W4 D2 ✅ thinking I may have to stay on this week for an extra couple days
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    W7D1 finished!!!
  • nikkit321
    Options
    W4D2 is done. It was leg day, and the last run interval was a struggle. I might repeat it before moving on, but the other runs this week were fine. W5D3 is looming and I want to be confident.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done. Pretty slippery here. We had snow, then rain, then a cold day again here. I had to slow to a walk where a few big ice flows went across the sidewalk.

@nikkit321 I wouldn't bother to repeat. The more you run the better it'll get. Some days are just slower than others. Should be smooth sailing after you finish week 5.
  • showjumper
    Options
    @nikkit321 I am also on W4D3 tonight/tomorrow morning, I was thinking of redoing the week or at least add an extra day before I move on to W5D1. I will see how it goes, but the 5 min run is a little tough for me to get through.... maybe because it was 9:30 at night?? Tonight I have a riding lesson so it will be closer to 9:30 again, I may wait and try and get it done in the morning instead and see if there is a marked difference.

Let me know how it goes tomorrow!
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Did week 3 day 1 r90 w90 r180 walk180 but I felt fine for the 30 mins so continued it and did 10k was impressed. Seeing though only about 3 weeks ago I couldn't run more than 20 seconds without being out of breath.
  • showjumper
    Options
    Finished up w4d3 last night and it went well there were moments where I totally felt natural!!
    Not sure what I'll do on Sunday... repeat a day or move on
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    W7D2 completed this morning :D
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Finished week two yesterday. Had to break out my yaktrax. Gotta get back out tomorrow.
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 1 :smile:
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    W7D3 complete. Only 1 more week to go.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Week 3 started. It was warmer today. I over dressed a bit.
  • Slimjimjellybelly
    Slimjimjellybelly Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm starting week 1 day 1 tomorrow morning and I'm very excited. I consider myself unfit and unhealthy. Ex takeaway junkie and couch potato! I'm eating better now and hopefully exercising more will make me fitter too.

Good luck and congrats to everybody taking part.
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I fell off the wagon in October (in week 2) but got back on the horse last week. Just finished Week 2 feeling strong. On to Week 3!
  • Slimjimjellybelly
    Options
    W1D1 complete! It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I was out of breathe a bit and my legs felt heavy but I guess that's because of my fitness level, or lack of it. Already looking forward to D2!
  • showjumper
    Options
    W5D1 done!
  • Slimjimjellybelly
    Options
    @showjumper
    How are you finding it?
    You are a lot more advanced than me, I'm doing w1d2 tomorrow
  • nikkit321
    Options
    I think I'm abandoning the C25K program. I should be running W5/D1 today, but I've ran 25 minutes solid twice in the last few days so I'm going to move on without the program. I'm an experienced runner and was using C25K to come back from an injury - I wouldn't recommend this strategy to new runners. Good luck to all of you - you can do it!