Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    never in my weildest dreams did i imagine before i started the program that i would go run out in the rain ,so i won't miss my running day. i got cold, wet, and my feet soaking wet but i still finished my 5k. i had to stop for like 20 seconds to tie my shoe lace, but i don't count that. if anything it hindered my progress. i had just found my mojo, and then i lost it because of this silly pause. :neutral:

@jennypapaje & @shrcpr Just wait once you have mastered running in the Rain - it gets better - Winter Running in Sub zero Temps. This is what I looked like last year after one of our coldest running days I believe it was -28C = -19F. I was quite comfortable - except when my eyelash's froze together and I had to use my bare hand to remove the ice B) You will notice I actually have the zipper opened at least half way on my coat.

ccd2ktgk6p6b.jpg

Well, I live in San Jose, CA so I think I'm safe from that. :wink: And, wow, I am impressed!
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good day to you all. I made it up do Week 5 day 2 when I contracted strep throat and a bad lung infection. I tried to restart at W5D2 and my lungs just weren't having it. No shame in starting over. Week 1 completed. On to week 2!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    w9d1 of c210k.i have to say, running for 40' non stop is so much better than 4 times 10' with 1' breaks inbetween. i just hope i don't get sick. one of my nostrils was completely stuffed last night, i barely got any sleep.
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Im on week 6 and will be doing day 2 today, the dreaded 20 mins was not as bad as i first thought!!!
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Week 4, Day 1 completed today. Felt really good.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    wow that is true determination!
    shrcpr wrote: »
    Well, I live in San Jose, CA so I think I'm safe from that. :wink: And, wow, I am impressed!
    Not sure if it is determination, foolish or >:) . @shrcpr If you get Snow/Cold like we do the state-CA- would be in serious trouble - for us its just a bad travel day.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I was released by the doctor yesterday to start running again, just 2 weeks after shoulder surgery!

I went out after work intending to do w1d1, but felt so good after the first minute that I ran through the walking interval and the next run interval. I ended up doing 4 run intervals of 3.5 minutes with 90 second walks in between. Next time out, I'll skip ahead a couple of weeks.
    1a4zr36ma9zc.gif
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Week 4, Day 2 completed today. Going well.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    W4D3 tomorrow. Can people doing the program add me please! I need more motivational friends!
  • jennypapage
    Options
    week 9 c210k completed.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    "Ran" a practice 5k with my Girls on the Run group yesterday. My girls were more interested in walking than running, but we finished in 43 minutes. :p
  • laffercat
    laffercat Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 1 done on the treadmill today. Woot woot!
  • jennypapage
    Options
    c210k w10d1 completed, and it was a breeze today. it's amazing how much better i run with less breaks.
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1, or W1D1 as the cool kids say. Didn't die :smiley:

Was -1 celsius, so I'm buying jogging pants after work today. And I'll have to locate my Bluetooth earbuds, so I don't throw my phone. But overall, I
    feel better than I thought I would.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @Just_Ceci Glad to see you are back at it.

@jennypapaje :D That is a sign of amazing progress. I remember the first time I did 10 km without walking - it was a runners high.
    pdo27789 wrote: »
    Was -1 celsius, so I'm buying jogging pants after work today. And I'll have to locate my Bluetooth earbuds, so I don't throw my phone. But overall, I
    feel better than I thought I would.

@pdo27789 Spend the time and $$$ to get a good set of Running Tights.
    If personal modesty is a concern just throw in a pair of running shorts the same color.
    Once you have tights you will be surprised at how warm they are for such a thin material.
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If personal modesty is a concern just throw in a pair of running shorts the same color.
    Once you have tights you will be surprised at how warm they are for such a thin material.

Thank you. I'll look into it. Fashion really doesn't matter. At 5am it's still dark, and there's only a few people walking their dogs.

Besides, the shoes I bought are hideously neon blue and florescent yellow. Maybe I'll find matching pants lol Who designs this stuff anyway???

Back on topic, are running tights something I can buy at marks work warehouse? I live in a smaller town and won't get to "the city" until the weekend.
    Or are they an easy fitting thing I could buy on Amazon and not worry too much about perfect fit?

• Just_Ceci
    Options
    Thanks, @juliet3455 ! It is great to be back at it!

I did w4d1 on Saturday morning-1.81 miles in 21:30. Felt good enough that I hiked 7 miles yesterday!
  • shrcpr
    Options
    W5D1 done today!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    w4d2 yesterday- 1.82 miles in 21:30, planning to switch to distance version for day 3 tomorrow
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    pdo27789 wrote: »

Thank you. I'll look into it. Fashion really doesn't matter. At 5am it's still dark, and there's only a few people walking their dogs.

Besides, the shoes I bought are hideously neon blue and florescent yellow. Maybe I'll find matching pants lol Who designs this stuff anyway???

Back on topic, are running tights something I can buy at marks work warehouse? I live in a smaller town and won't get to "the city" until the weekend.
    Or are they an easy fitting thing I could buy on Amazon and not worry too much about perfect fit?

Usually any place that sells athletic apparel will have them... I got mine at Wally World. Not as good of a selection as a sporting goods store, but still had a few options. :smile: