Replies

• goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    W6 D1 completed!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    W7D2 done. Really tough this time, the woods are muddy and slippery and the big hill was a killer!
    Got through it, but might take an extra rest day before D3.
    Beat my 5K (total) time by 5 seconds too!!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    W9, D2 yesterday. Not sure if I will run today or not. It is very windy as there are cold fronts and storms blowing through. I would like my last run to be a good run. Weather will be the deciding factor. I can't run in the rain and work the rest of the afternoon. LOL
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 and tomorrow I think I'll take a rest day.

I felt the slightest ache in my right shin and that scared me.

I did the first two weeks within a weeks time.

So! Tomorrow I shall rest to prevent potential injury to my unaccustomed to running body.

Slower is definitely better to start. For the shin you might want to look into a foam roller or your shoes. Until I got the right shoes I struggled a lot with shin splints. If you don't have a foam roller you might try working that area with a tennis ball.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    w7D1 ✅ need to get on it before 9:40 at night...
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    W9, D3 completed yesterday. I am, once again, a graduate. Considering the Bridge to 10K option but uncertain if I have the time available for the training.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I did w3d2 yesterday. I got woozy headed after the second 3 minute run. Not sure why. I was soo glad to walk when the time came and the wooziness passed. Tomorrow I'll finish off week 3. I'm hoping for no more woozy Wanda!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    W9, D3 completed yesterday. I am, once again, a graduate. Considering the Bridge to 10K option but uncertain if I have the time available for the training.

Congrats!! I understand, it can be a time commitment. You could consider slowly increasing your distance rather than following a strict program. For me, I like the structure of a program, but do have to get creative with my schedule to get some of the longer runs in, especially during the week.
    I did w3d2 yesterday. I got woozy headed after the second 3 minute run. Not sure why. I was soo glad to walk when the time came and the wooziness passed. Tomorrow I'll finish off week 3. I'm hoping for no more woozy Wanda!

How was your breathing? Sometimes when I'm exercising (not just running) and I get light-headed, I realize that I was holding my breath rather than breathing normally. Hopefully was a one-time occurance and you don't get woozy again. :smile:
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    @rusgolden

Congrats!! I understand, it can be a time commitment. You could consider slowly increasing your distance rather than following a strict program. For me, I like the structure of a program, but do have to get creative with my schedule to get some of the longer runs in, especially during the week.

I too seem to require a program or I get lazy and unmotivated. haha I personally do like to just run and have my phone tell me when to run or walk. It just makes life simpler. I tend to run on my lunch break so anything longer than 50 minutes is not going to happen then. I need time to scarf down some food and wash up/change before going back to my desk.

• woodwardtm
    Options

Are you getting enough to eat before you run? Your sugar levels may be dropping and causing the wooziness. Perhaps an apple or banana an hour or so before heading out? Just speculation here, of course. Hope your next run is better.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options

Are you getting enough to eat before you run? Your sugar levels may be dropping and causing the wooziness. Perhaps an apple or banana an hour or so before heading out? Just speculation here, of course. Hope your next run is better.

Unfortunately, the only real time I have to run is early. I have to take meds that require me to wait 30 minutes before I can eat. The only way I could manage the timing would be to get up at an ungodly hour, and I don't think I can sacrifice any more sleep. I'm hoping it was a one time thing.

Looking back at my food diary, I see that I only had 1,027 calories - supper being only 398 calories. Maybe that explains the wooziness. I hope to have a better run tomorrow. :-)

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I have severe back pain for the last two days and can barely move, but will join you back as soon as I feel better! :)

BACK PAIN IS THE WORST! I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks! I barely slept last night not being able to move, but I think I feel better already and hope the worst is over... :(

Feeling better yesterday and today so I finished week 7 and started week8! W8D1 done!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    W7D2 done. Really tough this time, the woods are muddy and slippery and the big hill was a killer!
    Got through it, but might take an extra rest day before D3.
    Beat my 5K (total) time by 5 seconds too!!

Congrats! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

It happens to me sometimes too if I do not eat. This is why I prefer running in the afternoons :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

Congratulations! :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »

@woodwardtm I would agree with the comments of @rusgolden you could take the B2-10K program and modify - stretch it out over a longer period so you get the benefit of a structured plan with the benefit of building/modifying your own program. When I do my Half Marathon Training plans they are modified versions of the Hal Higdon Intermediate plan. Most recreational runners will start with some plan and tweak it to fit their life situation.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Did W3D2!

I thought there must be some kind of mistake when my cool down came. Lol!

I'm used to more runs and shorter times!

It was a little too easy this time. I think I'll try speeding up just a bit tomorrow.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    W6 D2 done!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    W7D3 done.

Gulp, it's getting close now!