Options

Replies

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    emerrywe wrote: »
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    W7D3 Done! Wow. One more week to go, then I will increase my distanct to 5km and then start getting my speed up so I can do that in 30mins. So hard to believe I am getting this done!

I also plan to increase the distance to 5 km, but then I am going for 10k training. Speed will come with distance...

Yes, that is what I have heard. I am still quite heavy (but have lost 25lbs!) and have platar fascitis, which is decreasing in severity as I improve my stretches, my shoes, and lose weight. However too much distance at this time will likely aggravate the injury. So I will keep my runs to 40mins max and vary speed and incline to increase the challenge until I lose another 25 lbs or so.

You can't go wrong with slowly building your base. A let less chance of injury that way.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    W6D3 complete.

Actually did:
    0.25 mile walk warm-up
    2.5 miles jog
    0.42 miles walking back

Didn't realise until I got back I'd actually done 5K total distance!
    It was only supposed to be 2.25 mile running, but I did the bit extra for the hell of it as at got me back to the road and seemed a logical stopping point.
    Probably the furthest distance I've run in my entire life, feeling quite proud :)
    This is awesome! ;)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W7D3 Done! Wow. One more week to go, then I will increase my distanct to 5km and then start getting my speed up so I can do that in 30mins. So hard to believe I am getting this done!

I also plan to increase the distance to 5 km, but then I am going for 10k training. Speed will come with distance...

Yes, that is what I have heard. I am still quite heavy (but have lost 25lbs!) and have platar fascitis, which is decreasing in severity as I improve my stretches, my shoes, and lose weight. However too much distance at this time will likely aggravate the injury. So I will keep my runs to 40mins max and vary speed and incline to increase the challenge until I lose another 25 lbs or so.

I see. Good luck! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    W9,D1 complete! 3.55 miles and I did the full 30 minutes of jogging! By the cool down walk, I was dead. By God, I did it though! Woot!

This is amazing! Congrats!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W7D2 is done. It's cold here today, so I did it on a treadmill. Much easier than running outside despite settiin small incline. Or maybe I just finally slept in and feel rested!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm done. At least the 8 week Zen labs program. Kinda skipped ahead but ran the final 30 mins yesterday. Still contemplating next steps.

Congrats! Great accomplishment!

Next steps... maybe sign up for a local 5k and/or head on over to the Bridge to 10K group.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    W7D1 complete, in the rain and the cold!
    2.5 miles virtually non stop, had to stop once for the dog to do his thing and a quick stop on the verge to let s bus pass safely.
    No danger of doing any extra today, couldn't wait to finish!
    Still, getting ever closer to the first target :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    I'm done. At least the 8 week Zen labs program. Kinda skipped ahead but ran the final 30 mins yesterday. Still contemplating next steps.

Congratulations! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    W7D1 complete, in the rain and the cold!
    2.5 miles virtually non stop, had to stop once for the dog to do his thing and a quick stop on the verge to let s bus pass safely.
    No danger of doing any extra today, couldn't wait to finish!
    Still, getting ever closer to the first target :)

This is great! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    I have severe back pain for the last two days and can barely move, but will join you back as soon as I feel better! :)
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have severe back pain for the last two days and can barely move, but will join you back as soon as I feel better! :)

BACK PAIN IS THE WORST! I hope you feel better soon!
  • upsaluki
    Options

Ugh. This gets me too. If I don't keep up on my exercises I'm hurting. I've been using gabapentin and that really helps with the nerve pain.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »

Ugh. This gets me too. If I don't keep up on my exercises I'm hurting. I've been using gabapentin and that really helps with the nerve pain.

Do you do any special exercise for back? I think I might need to strengthen my back/core, but not sure what to do.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »

BACK PAIN IS THE WORST! I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks! I barely slept last night not being able to move, but I think I feel better already and hope the worst is over... :(
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Today I completed W2D3!!

I have a confession to make... I doubled up. The last couple times I've run I've thought about just continuing. But then I decide it's best not to.

But today... I figured I would do W2D3 first and then double up and do W2D2 if I felt like it. I could always repeat a walk sequence if I needed to.

I didn't need to!!

I did both and didn't even consider stopping!

I feel so empowered.

I feel like I could run 20 minutes straight right now.

I don't ache, I didn't even sweat (it was 55° out) and I think I could have gone on.

Looking forward to my future of bounding up hills and leaping like a gazelle!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done last night.. I ended up running extra, when the timer went i wasn't quite at 2.5mi according to the counter on the treadmill so I topped it up so I was a little closer to the 2.25mi that was required (I didn't actually look to see how far my warm up walk was...but 2.5 miles looked good to me!) I had set my Garmin when I started running and it said I went 2.6mi in 26 min so I am pretty happy with that... as W6D2 recorded 1.8mi. I was happy with my results I struggle with consistency and have only been able to get one run in a week for the last little bit, but if I stick with every other day I should graduate on my birthday..... so its a mini goal for me.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »

Do you do any special exercise for back? I think I might need to strengthen my back/core, but not sure what to do.

I'll try to find some links to the ones I do. I have a bulging disc and the exercises really help with that. They are really simple. My problem is not doing them unless I'm actually in pain instead of doing them every day.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 and tomorrow I think I'll take a rest day.

I felt the slightest ache in my right shin and that scared me.

I did the first two weeks within a weeks time.

So! Tomorrow I shall rest to prevent potential injury to my unaccustomed to running body.