Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    W6D2 complete. I'm going by distance rather than times now, so it's quite hard going, especially on the hills!
    Getting closer now though :)

That's the hard core way to go. I always did the timed since it was easier to track and plan for. Kudos for going the distance route.
  • ahanvi_mfp
    ahanvi_mfp Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Chronic restarter of C25K (this'll be my third time restarting :#). The second time around I made it to W7D2, but had to put running on hold because I had injured my back.
    Just finished W1D3 yesterday and I'm determined to graduate this time around.
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    W7D3 Done! Wow. One more week to go, then I will increase my distanct to 5km and then start getting my speed up so I can do that in 30mins. So hard to believe I am getting this done!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    W8,D3 complete. One week to go, 3 more runs...
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    ahanvi_mfp wrote: »
    Chronic restarter of C25K (this'll be my third time restarting :#). The second time around I made it to W7D2, but had to put running on hold because I had injured my back.
    Just finished W1D3 yesterday and I'm determined to graduate this time around.

Stick with it. I've started 5 times and finished twice. Go slow and get in a groove.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    W9 D1 done! Do I keep posting here for the 10K trainer or is there a separate group?
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    W7D1 is done! 25 min straight! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    W9 D1 done! Do I keep posting here for the 10K trainer or is there a separate group?

There is a separate group!
  • Aine8046
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm going by distance rather than times now, so it's quite hard going, especially on the hills!

This is really hardcore! How do you track the distance?
  • Aine8046
    Options
    emerrywe wrote: »
    W7D3 Done! Wow. One more week to go, then I will increase my distanct to 5km and then start getting my speed up so I can do that in 30mins. So hard to believe I am getting this done!

I also plan to increase the distance to 5 km, but then I am going for 10k training. Speed will come with distance...
  • Aine8046
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Finished week 8 day 2 today. 60 F here. I was in shorts and a tshirt.

Woop!! Almost finished! Have you thought about doing C210K? I downloaded it yesterday, it looks manageable =)

I'm going to a six week 5210k program from my RunDouble app one I finish week 8. I got all of the programs one time for a great deal, so I use those. They have a 10 k and half marathon event program, but I'm not sure what my next step is after the 10k.

Zenlabs do a 10K, half marathon and then full marathon app, and I'm pretty sure they're all free

I think I've decided to do the half marathon training plan from Hal Higdon. I can program the lengths or intervals into the custom run feature on my RunDouble app. I'm not going to worry about it until I get up to running 10k pretty comfortably though. The 5 intervals of 8 minutes this morning were a pretty big jump up.

Awesome! When do you plan to do the half?
  • agrima27
    agrima27 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Repeating week 4 this week. I am feeling a little more ready for week 5 now. It is getting a little easier to focus when I run.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    W6D2 complete. I'm going by distance rather than times now, so it's quite hard going, especially on the hills!

That's the hard core way to go. I always did the timed since it was easier to track and plan for. Kudos for going the distance route.

To be perfectly honest, I do it out of laziness! Because I'm well off the pace of a 10 minute mile, I don't want to finish the program then have to work up to running the 5K. So, although it's a bit tougher at the moment, when I finish, I should be good to go and run 5K whenever I want (I suspect it won't be that easy though!)
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I'm going by distance rather than times now, so it's quite hard going, especially on the hills!

This is really hardcore! How do you track the distance?

I've got a garmin activity tracker with GPS for that. I'm actually looking forward to being able to leave the phone indoors and just use the watch when the walking stages are over, one less thing to lug around with me :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

Sorry, being thick, can you point me in the right direction? All the 10K groups I could find are dead dead dead ! thank you =)
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    emerrywe wrote: »

I also plan to increase the distance to 5 km, but then I am going for 10k training. Speed will come with distance...

Yes, that is what I have heard. I am still quite heavy (but have lost 25lbs!) and have platar fascitis, which is decreasing in severity as I improve my stretches, my shoes, and lose weight. However too much distance at this time will likely aggravate the injury. So I will keep my runs to 40mins max and vary speed and incline to increase the challenge until I lose another 25 lbs or so.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Sorry, being thick, can you point me in the right direction? All the 10K groups I could find are dead dead dead ! thank you =)

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/526-bridge-to-10k

This is the one I post in. It's not real active, but a few of us follow along.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @woodwardtm -- WTG! You might have felt dead, but I imagine quite exhilarated at the same time!

High Five/Fist Bump!