Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good bye intervals, hello steady runs! Wahoo! New personal best for 1 mile - 10m:12s! I should run with a cold more often! One last run and I'm week 7!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    @maggiekat7 ~ that is wonderful! 10min/mi is awesome! Way to finish out the intervals strong!!!
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Week 3 day 2 done. W3D3 was today but didn't do it. Bit upset about it but looking forward to continue tomorrow.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    tbird9702 wrote: »
    did w2d1 last night, it was 99F out at 8:30pm. Ended up fighting a migraine all night, so I'm a bit frustrated...

It's about that plus some humidity here in the hill country of Texas, so I get ya. I found that if I spend the day prehydrating and then stop drinking water about an hour to hour and half before the run then drink water again after I cool down from the run I don't have that dehydration migraine. But the key is def the lead up to the run during the day. You don't want a lot of water in you stomach on a hot day but if it's already in your system you won't flag out quite as bad. Hope that is helpful.
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I did W1D3 last night. I missed a few days in between D2 and D3 due to family issues, but I knew that if I don't continue, I'll make excuses and stop. I felt pretty good on D2 and was a little more tired doing D3 which I thought was a bit weird. I'll start week 2 on Wed.
    I also want to lose weight while I start running and I know that running won't help completely. Any suggestions on what else I can do with the running. I'm a stay-at-home mom and don't have any time to leave the house to exercise so at home workouts are all I can do. I use a treadmill for the c25k. I have 3lb and 5lb weights. Thanks!
  • tbird9702
    tbird9702 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

It's about that plus some humidity here in the hill country of Texas, so I get ya. I found that if I spend the day prehydrating and then stop drinking water about an hour to hour and half before the run then drink water again after I cool down from the run I don't have that dehydration migraine. But the key is def the lead up to the run during the day. You don't want a lot of water in you stomach on a hot day but if it's already in your system you won't flag out quite as bad. Hope that is helpful.

Thanks, I will try that. I thought I had hydrated pretty well but probably not well enough. I will have to wait until Friday to try though, since I cannot risk missing work again.
  • smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am running my first 5k race this Sunday! I finished c25k at the end of April and I can run up to 4 miles now but I'm nervous about the whole race atmosphere! I'm running 3.1 miles in the morning and then 2 miles Friday to be ready for Sunday, I hope I sleep some! Nerves!
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    W3D3 done. Good luck afrench!
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Decided to go on to week 6 day 1 this am. I totally get what people are saying about going back to intervals... once I slowed to a walk, it was hard to get motivated to break into a jog again. But I got through the run, no problem.
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done and dusted. It felt tougher today but I think I jogged at a faster pace as I was much further along the road I ran along the last time when little miss app told me I was half way.

• KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 done! Only three more runs before my fist 5k in over 20 years!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I am running my first 5k race this Sunday! I finished c25k at the end of April and I can run up to 4 miles now but I'm nervous about the whole race atmosphere! I'm running 3.1 miles in the morning and then 2 miles Friday to be ready for Sunday, I hope I sleep some! Nerves!

The race atmosphere is the best! Get there early enough to make sure you have parking and to do some kind of warm-up. (I usually walk some and run maybe a slow mile.) The lines for restrooms are usually pretty long. Make sure you are hydrating on Saturday, so that won't be an issue on Sunday. Try not to start out too fast. Wear clothes that you have run in before so there won't be any surprises.

Most important: HAVE FUN!!!
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    welcome to all the new people! :)

@samhennings, i'm glad to see you posting. i was wondering how you were. i repeated a week too, and am glad i did. excellent attitude

@krichard08, hope you have a good 20-minute run

@afrench050612, have a GREAT race this sunday

@KRPolo, i'm excited for you!
  • SooFab
    SooFab Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the lolo app 5k with Jeff Holloway

I completed Wk2 D1 today....Using a treadmill
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    All the very best to @afrench050612 and @KRPolo . Have fun!
    Completed the last of my interval runs (for 5k) today. Found the walking bit actually difficult but it's all done now.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

The race atmosphere is the best! Get there early enough to make sure you have parking and to do some kind of warm-up. (I usually walk some and run maybe a slow mile.) The lines for restrooms are usually pretty long. Make sure you are hydrating on Saturday, so that won't be an issue on Sunday. Try not to start out too fast. Wear clothes that you have run in before so there won't be any surprises.

Most important: HAVE FUN!!!

Ceci is right, race atmosphere rocks, especially if you can keep yourself under control at the start. Enjoy it!

• krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    YAY!! W5D3 completed!! I can;t believe that I did it and without stopping once! I really wanted to.. but i got into my zone and forced myself back every time my mind would start straying. I won't win any races, have you....but I am good with just getting this program under my belt for now. Race times come later!! Super Stoked!!!
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W3D1 done and I enjoyed it even though the runs are getting more intense.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure how I did it, but instead of doing W1D3 last night I did W1D2 again...such an air head. I'll do W1D3 on Saturday and just have an extra run. Finding it ok, although I have a muscle in my thigh which hurts a bit, but I will stick with this.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    but instead of doing W1D3 last night I did W1D2 again...

They're exactly the same session, so you could comfortably move on to week two. That said, as long as you keep a rest day between each session there's no harm in doing an extra session.