Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    ftrobbie wrote: »
    @samhennings well done,go slower if you have to. Breaking the psychological barrier is important, You are training your mind that this is ok and not to stress out. You'll get there.

Stress isnt a factor with me, Im quite comfortable if it takes 2x each week.

I genuinely thought I was as slow as I could go, but the last run something clicked and I went even slower. It was still hard work but I managed the run perfectly well.

Just as I did today, bar an emergency pit stop, so Ill be going onto W4D1 on Saturday
  • samhennings
    Options
    maggiekat7 wrote: »
    @samhennings, i'm glad to see you posting. i was wondering how you were. i repeated a week too, and am glad i did. excellent attitude

Thanks for thinking of me!

I wont move on until Im comfortable I should, so I quite expect to repeat more weeks before I hit the 5k. Kind of looking forward to W4 on Saturday, and I certainly wasnt a week ago so I think it was the right thing to do.

How are you getting on?
  • SooFab
    SooFab Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good Job!!! @krichard08 @tslawson3 @CariTJR

Keep going it will only get better but don't be afraid to push yourself just a little. Remember if it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you.

• Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Did w2d1 this morning and though slow it felt good.
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    W6D3 is done. 22 minutes - 2.05 miles, and it felt great! @samhennings, i'm having a great time, especially now that the intervals are over. enjoy week 4!
  • KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
  • adam145
    adam145 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Finished the dreaded W5D3 just now! :smile: Wasn't actually too bad, although I'm never going to win any speed records (yes, yes, I know, keep it slow!). I think I might even go as far as to say I enjoyed it - At least, I can say that now I've done it.

Weekend off now, and then on to week 6 on Monday.

Just need to cycle 7 miles to the office now! :neutral:
  • samhennings
    Options
    maggiekat7 wrote: »
    W6D3 is done. 22 minutes - 2.05 miles, and it felt great! @samhennings, i'm having a great time, especially now that the intervals are over. enjoy week 4!

Thats awesome! What sort of runner where you in the beginning?

Im a genuine couch potato, Im the "C" in "C25k"!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I wont move on until Im comfortable I should, so I quite expect to repeat more weeks before I hit the 5k. Kind of looking forward to W4 on Saturday, and I certainly wasnt a week ago so I think it was the right thing to do.

Don't wait until you are too comfortable, personally I say give the next week a go whenever you finish a week and if WxD1 totally sucks, then drop back. The program is designed to push you just hard enough.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone with your progress! not long now till we should see some of you over in the B210K group too
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Week 6 day 2 done. So humid even early in the morning... I was drenched in sweat after my 5 min warmup! Turns out I was wrong about being able to go any slower... my slowest run since week 2...
  • KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Week 7 done! the humidity definitely made me slow WAY down, and think that I may start getting out there earlier for the rest of the summer.

Congratulations everyone on another great week!
  • samhennings
    Options
    taeliesyn wrote: »

Don't wait until you are too comfortable, personally I say give the next week a go whenever you finish a week and if WxD1 totally sucks, then drop back. The program is designed to push you just hard enough.

Believe me Im not - but the difference between W3 version one, and version two was the first round I managed maybe 2.5 minutes on the 3 minute runs, where as this week I did the 3 minutes (just!).

The week before I would not have done myself any favours moving ahead. This week its about right.
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I just started C25k on Wednesday. I also day Week 1 Day 2 yesterday. My thighs are sore. Do I go ahead and do Week 1 Day 3 today or take a rest day in between each day?
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    W4D1 completed. Felt recharged so ran fifteen minutes more. The sensations in the body...AWESOME.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I just started C25k on Wednesday. I also day Week 1 Day 2 yesterday. My thighs are sore. Do I go ahead and do Week 1 Day 3 today or take a rest day in between each day?

Weekly schedule Run, Rest, Run, Rest, Run, Rest, Rest. With regards to the soreness, if it's sore then that is a normal reaction to new exercise, look at DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). After a few sessions you will not feel it, just rest a day or two before going out again. If it hurts then stop and work out what is wrong. You should not be so keen to run day after day, C25k is about getting you into running, your enthusiasm is admirable but it is also likely to cause you to get injured. Run three days a week with at least a days rest between them.

Welcome and enjoy your journey

• archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Week 6 is Done! Week 7, here I come. Thanks for all the positivity :) This group is awesome!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to run since Monday (w6d1). End of the school year and dance recital stuff all week. I will have time to run tomorrow. I need to decide if I'm going to stay on schedule and do w6d2 or should I repeat w6d1........decisions.....decisions.

Congrats to everyone starting w7 and welcome to the new comers.

@maggiekat7 what an awesome run!
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    W1d3 done and dusted And this one was quite tough as I went a different route and every run interval started at the bottom of a hill!

Well done everyone on their progress this week, you are all such an inspiration.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    So I decided to just go for it. I finished w6d2 with no issue. I was able to maintain a 12 min mile for each 1 mile run. It was a comfortable pace and I wasn't winded or as tired as I thought I would be. I just kept telling myself that physically I'm am capable. Mentally, I kept thinking positive thoughts. I'm super excited about running with no walk breaks. I thought I would never say that. Just last week I was still doubting myself, but not today. Today was my "ah ha moment". I have total faith in this program and know that I can do this. In just a few weeks I will be able to run 3 miles non stop!!!!