Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• TyFit1908
    TyFit1908 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 1 in the books. This is my 4th time doing c25k, but more challenging this time around. Didn't help that my gps clunked out. I was injured in a car accident last June. Didn't run at all until last week. I guess you have to restart somewhere
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You are doing GREAT, people! Keep pushing on and when you graduate I hope we see more of you over on the Bridge to 10K board. It is kind of lonely over there!
  • RobzMonty
    RobzMonty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Groundhog Day here... repeated Week 3 Day 3 for the 11th time.
    Scare-red of the 5 minute jaunt on Week 4 Day 1...
    and treadmill is way easier than a road walk/jog.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    @Just_Eric
    Yes, I had been walking for a few weeks, and riding my bike with the kids. I really made sure I was ready before I started so I didn't hurt myself. And my legs are much better now! I'm using a different C25K program than most; I use RunKeeper, which syncs all my activities on here automatically. Today was my 3rd run and it was 1.5 miles walk/run, just as much as I could without pushing too hard. I was able to "run" for the first mile (after my 5 minute warm up), then walked for a little over 1/10th of a mile, then "ran" another 1/4 mile. It is always so much harder to start running again after I walk a bit! I feel accomplished though, so that's good. Fixin to go with my mini for a little bike ride now around the park, then play for a while.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I was a little slower this morning. Ugh. But I made it without calling 911.
    (something funny is going on with my voice - I sound like Minnie Mouse. And I've a small cough .)
    Week 6 Day 2 is in the books!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    RobzMonty wrote: »
    Groundhog Day here... repeated Week 3 Day 3 for the 11th time.
    Scare-red of the 5 minute jaunt on Week 4 Day 1...
    and treadmill is way easier than a road walk/jog.

Just do it. Slow down and do it. You will be surprised. Keep telling yourself you can do it and you will.

(Treadmill makes me dizzy.)
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    7.2 just finished. That mild discomfort inside my left knee cap was back right at the end when I ramped upped the pace a bit. Perhaps going a little faster results in some sort of breakdown in my mechanics. I'll need to be mindful of it this last few workouts so as not to find myself on the bench.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1!

My sickness really knocked me down some. But I'm back now!

AND I have a new running partner! I adopted a dog! A year old German Shepherd who I named Sheriff!
    Love German Shepherds! He should be a great partner! :)
  • Brans34
    Options
    My week 2 day 1 run was a 1.5 mile run/walk. My son ran with me and we were kinda pushing each other; we've made it half way, we can go farther. We made it more than a mile, we can go farther. We're almost there, we can finish and run the entire 1.5 miles. Well, the app, or possibly my phone, decide to have issues and not tell me when we got to the end...until 1.77 miles. We ran the whole time, without ever stopping and walking!! We're in better shape than we thought! This 5K at the end of May is going to be no problem!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I started preparing for a 10 k race today! Using the same Zenlab app. W9 D1 id done!

Great job! There is another group for the "bridge to 10K" if you want to join... I've seen a few other recent graduates over there... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1094845/daily-check-in-thread-10k-version#latest
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I started preparing for a 10 k race today! Using the same Zenlab app. W9 D1 id done!

Great job! There is another group for the "bridge to 10K" if you want to join... I've seen a few other recent graduates over there... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1094845/daily-check-in-thread-10k-version#latest

Thanks! Will join! :)
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2 is done.
    Weirdest thing. My body waited until the last minute of the the second 10 minute run to get a stitch. Sigh. I finished and enjoyed my cool down walk!
  • Brans34
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 : 8-1 minute fast running intervals followed by 1.5 minutes jog/walk. Done.
    This was so difficult!! My legs were fine, but my lungs were on fire!! How in the world is running (jogging) for 1.8 miles easier than running for 8 minutes, split up!?!? I mean, I actually know exactly how, but dang it! I just want it to not kill me! Lol.
    Mini me and I pulled it of though. We both made it through, and ready for a rest day then the next run. Feeling great!
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    W8D1 done. I'm using a different app than most of y'all, I think. This was the first day where I didn't have a walking interval every 4 or less minutes; went from 7x 4:00 run, :30 walk to just one period of running for 25 minutes. I ran for 29 because I knew I had the ability to do more and the next 3 workouts are 28, 30, and 40 minutes. I figured getting ahead of the week a bit, and eveninng out the transition from 25 to 40 minutes made sense. I'm pretty certain I had the 5k in me, but I've had to fight the desire to do too much all along this thing. One week from today I'll be finished and I'm so *kitten* stoked to win at this endeavor.