Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1!

I went a little off script. Today I ran 2 miles in 30 minutes! Now... I know this is slow! But I'm already seeing progress from a few days ago where I had a pace of 16+mins per miles.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    You are doing GREAT, people! Keep pushing on and when you graduate I hope we see more of you over on the Bridge to 10K board. It is kind of lonely over there!

I'm not sure when to make the jump really. I've been running 5k 3 times a week since graduating, problem is that with the warm up and cool down it takes me the best part of an hour so difficult to fit in any more during lunch breaks. I suppose I could go after work, but always too eager to get home!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    You are doing GREAT, people! Keep pushing on and when you graduate I hope we see more of you over on the Bridge to 10K board. It is kind of lonely over there!

I'm not sure when to make the jump really. I've been running 5k 3 times a week since graduating, problem is that with the warm up and cool down it takes me the best part of an hour so difficult to fit in any more during lunch breaks. I suppose I could go after work, but always too eager to get home!

Is before work an option? If I wasn't able to do my workouts and running in the mornings, I wouldn't have time to do them. Getting up at 5a takes some getting used to, but now it is just part of my routine. Moving up to the 10K training will help your endurance and your speed for the 5K as well.
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've started up again, and I may have convinced someone to join me this time. I finished week 1 day 2 today.
  • CM_73
    edited March 2017
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »

Is before work an option? If I wasn't able to do my workouts and running in the mornings, I wouldn't have time to do them. Getting up at 5a takes some getting used to, but now it is just part of my routine. Moving up to the 10K training will help your endurance and your speed for the 5K as well.

It could well be, now that it's light in the mornings and I'm rarely asleep after 5am anyway.
    Only problem with that is sustainability, would I continue it into the Winter when it's dark? maybe I would do, I need to give it some serious thought and see how best to move forwards :)
    In the meantime, I'll be doing another 5K today, and I still can't get used to saying that! (and that's my 7th 5K!!)
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 6! I reworked my playlist and the 22 minutes flew by! Woohoo! I'm doing this!
  • RoteBook
    Options
    I did week 1, day 3 today, and brought someone with me, but my 5 year old was not the running companion I originally intended. :) There was a lot of running in small circles as he biked up and down the grass hills near our neighborhood trail, and then some running up an unexpected hill as he wanted to bike down the bike/pedestrian bridge over the freeway...repeatedly. We both had a blast.
  • WandaVaughn
    Options
    Thunderstorms here this morning. Will have to see if this afternoon is any better. Otherwise, I'll have to come up with another plan.
  • WandaVaughn
    Options
    Got to the track and completed Week 7 Day 1. Whew!
    I am definitely better first thing in the mornings!
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Okay... I have a confession to make. Since I ran for 30 minutes the last time (which is the time needed for Week 8 Day 2) I decided to run for 35 today.

So....

WEEK 8 DAY 3!!!!

Annnnnnnd I'm done! Now onto my 10K trainer. ;)
    I missed my run on Saturday dicking around with my car. Was supposed to do 28 minutes today, ran 33. I spent a lot of time on my feet yesterday too, and now my right calf is barking at me. Probably finishing a day early as well if I can get my run in on Wednesday.

Thanks for giving me the okay to cheat a little, Sierra, and congratulations.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options

The app I have goes by time. It is Active's 5Kto10K app. I am on Week 4 and all runs are still under an hour in time. It has interval trainings built in, etc. I kind of like it. All apps are different though.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 1

First day of my 10K trainer!! I'm not sure where to post this....

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1094845/daily-check-in-thread-10k-version#latest

• CM_73
    Options

The app I have goes by time. It is Active's 5Kto10K app. I am on Week 4 and all runs are still under an hour in time. It has interval trainings built in, etc. I kind of like it. All apps are different though.

Thanks for that, I'll check it out :)
  • WandaVaughn
    Options
    Thunderstorms again. Sigh.
  • RoteBook
    Options
    Thunderstorms again. Sigh.

I actually miss thunderstorms. Here (silicon valley) we can hear thunder up in the hills twice a year or so.

Do you have somewhere you can run inside?
  • maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2!

My new "running partner" and I went for a run inside a large gated area. He stayed with me! I'm very excited and I see great off leash running in our future. <3

1d5w0pqxwyxi.jpg

Oh! Btw! I had a 16 min pace! (just under 17, but we won't mention that.)

Looking forward to lowering that. Someday goal of averaging 10 mins a mile. :)

Your running partner is gorgeous!!!