Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just graduated. There were a few times where I had to walk for a minute or two, so I'm not 100% satisfied with myself. I have to remember to slow my pace so I won't have to walk. I get excited and run myself out. lol I ran 3.8 miles, so my pace was out of control.

Stuck with it, guys! If I can do it, you can do it! <3
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did w6d3 on Friday and for the first time had to stop. I was so disappointed in myself. I didn't even walk I just paused for a minute. I continued the workout but it left me feeling down. Then I realized that the treadmill I was on was broken. It was like it was possessed. It was increasing the incline without my input. And when I tried to decrease it, it wouldn't let me! I don't even know how long it was doing that. Pissed me off. I guess next week will tell the tale. The 20 minute run before was no problem. I love this app. It makes me feel athletic. I've always admired runners and can't wait to increase my speed and distance.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm back. Life happened... lol. (Mom with surgeries to remove cancer. Moved cities. Now I'm looking for a job in Nashville. Hiring?)

I started the C25K again and I'm at Week 4 Day 2!

It's not as fun as the first time, but I have so much more confidence in myself. I've been running on a treadmill in the gym at my sublease and it's hard to "zone out" when the numbers are right in front of me. But I'm too much of a wuss to run in the heat. :D
  • freyjaguide
    freyjaguide Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, new here.
    Just decided to do c25k today. Decided to go for a walk because I recently moved to a new neighbourhood and I don't know where to run etc. I ended up walking 10.44km around the lake near my house, in the pouring rain. I looked like I had swam across it instead of walked around it.

I plan on doing w1d1 tomorrow :) feel free to add me as a friend!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    week 2 Day 1 done. Treadmill = walking 3 mph; jogging 5 mph.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Last night completed W2D3. :):)
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    Options
    W2d2 @ walk 3mph, jog 5mpg
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I've been progressing very slowly - I'm doing strength training on my legs two days a week which made working in c25k very tricky, plus I have bad knees and ankles so I wanted to be super careful, and then my husband had surgery and couldn't run with me. But I am still making progress. Ran w3d1 on a treadmill at the gym. W3d2 yesterday, I parked my husband on a bench watching ducks while I ran on the river walk path. I did it pretty slowly - according to app I am running about 10:30 minute mile pace, and walking about 17. But it was easy enough that I could do my legs day at the gym afterwards without dying.

I feel like my running form is really poor but don't know what to do differently. When I'm on a treadmill I feel like my feet hit really hard and loud. I'm not heel striking, more of a mid strike.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile 10:30 pace isn't really slow. :smile: The 5k I did last weekend was closer to 13:00 minute miles.

Good job on getting it done!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,811 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing WONDERFUL! I have to check in to say that doing this was the best thing ever to help kick off jogging for me again. Since I finished the program, I have used map my run and doing a 5K feels pretty easy. I actually ran 4 miles last week and again this week which is something I had not done in 20 years or more!
  • sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I just started again today. I didn't get far last time. So Week 1, Day 1 done. I do a 30min warm up on the AMT then the C25K, on my off days I will do an hour on the AMT :) Lookimg forward to this.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    Options
    W2D3 done. Wanted to quit about 1/2 way through but pressed on and finished!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    edited September 2017
    Options
    W3D1 done. Had to slow down because my legs were sore from yesterday's workout. Walk 3mph, jog 4.5 mph.
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    We're still on wk 3 following my husband's surgery (he needs to catch up to me) but we did our first race! We ran/walked and finished almost exactly in the middle of the pack, as well as age group and gender, with a time of 44:15. We could have run more but gosh it was hot! With hills! First lesson learned, running through beautiful cool trees doesn't prepare you for adverse conditions. I can't wait to do it again!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    Options
    W3D2 on Friday - ran outside (first time) so not sure on speed. Went 1.77 miles in 28 minutes. Felt slower than on the treadmill. BUT DONE!
  • rheddmobile
    edited September 2017
    Options
    W4D1 - on a treadmill since the weather here is unseasonably oppressive. I had to slow way down to finish but I did it. My husband, who should still be on wk3, decided after doing so well in our race to go ahead and skip a week, and was forced to walk for 20 seconds in the middle of his 4th run, but should be fine next time.
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    W4D1 - on a treadmill since the weather here is unseasonably oppressive. I had to slow way down to finish but I did it. My husband, who should still be on wk3, decided after doing so well in our race to go ahead and skip a week, and was forced to walk for 20 seconds in the middle of his 4th run, but should be fine next time.

I'm also on week 4 (completed day 2 today) and doing awful this week! This was my worst run so far. I'm thinking of repeating but I'm not sure.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    Options
    W3D3 done. Did an extra 90 seconds before the cool down. Made it solely because Rocky's Eye of the Tiger came on when I was about done in. \0/
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    W3D3 done. Did an extra 90 seconds before the cool down. Made it solely because Rocky's Eye of the Tiger came on when I was about done in. \0/

Woo Hoo! champ...... I love that song too
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Well I did W4D1 last night.......what an effort!! Typically when I fall off the treadmill (ha ha) I start back here and it is ok, but last night I had to make a concentrated effort to get it done. I think I should have done it before I ate and earlier but that never seems to happen so I take it when I can. I will go with W4D2 on Friday or possibly Saturday.