Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    So I start W6D1 on Monday. It looks like easy intervals. Is this to build up a bit of speed? I hope so as I ran 1.88 miles during the 20 minute run today which gives me a pace of 5.5 mph. I need to be at 6.2 to complete a 5k in 30 minutes. I know the important factor is not the speed, it's completing the program, but I can't help but think I can do both! I guess it's the competitive nature in me, and it looks like a common goal to others, so I thought I would ask.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to finish it in less then 30 minutes. But my initial goal is under 40 minutes and then building to a 10k and then doing the Tinkerbell Half in January. Not that I'll be running any of them super fast but I want to run the whole thing which is something I've never been able to do.
  • chantels1
    Options
    I would love to be able to finish it in less then 30 minutes. But my initial goal is under 40 minutes and then building to a 10k and then doing the Tinkerbell Half in January. Not that I'll be running any of them super fast but I want to run the whole thing which is something I've never been able to do.

Sounds like a good reasonable plan. I think my "runners high" is still affecting me. Haha! Just realized that I feel like a runner for the first time since high school! ;-) How far are you in the program @mtdewaddict80
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    I do Wk5D1 tomorrow. Right now my interval average is 13;36. Disney recommends being able to hold a <15 min pace in order not to be picked up by the sweepers. So if I train consistently I should be good to go. I've done two disney halfs before but I've always walked them. I've run/walked a few 10ks but not in a few years.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    I do Wk5D1 tomorrow. Right now my interval average is 13;36. Disney recommends being able to hold a <15 min pace in order not to be picked up by the sweepers. So if I train consistently I should be good to go. I've done two disney halfs before but I've always walked them. I've run/walked a few 10ks but not in a few years.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I just started W1D1 today. I was completely out of breath after some of the running intervals but didn't give up unlike every other attempt to run since elementary school (and believe me, there were quite a few back then).
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This morning I ran my first official 5K. Finished in 37:21 which was good for 604th out of 687 runners.

I feel so damn good.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Great job on your 5k! Will you be signing up for more?
  • chantels1
    Options
    I just started W1D1 today. I was completely out of breath after some of the running intervals but didn't give up unlike every other attempt to run since elementary school (and believe me, there were quite a few back then).

The hardest step is the one out the front door! Mental obstacles are the hardest part of running. Next is injury! But congrats on Day 1!!!
  • chantels1
    Options
    This morning I ran my first official 5K. Finished in 37:21 which was good for 604th out of 687 runners.

I feel so damn good.

Yahoo!!! Happy dancing for you!!! ;-) 83 runners behind you! plenty to feed a hungry heard of lions and a few tigers and bears as well!!! ;-) Congrats!
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Week 8, day 1 today
    I never thought I'd be running for 25+ minutes straight :D
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options

The hardest step is the one out the front door! Mental obstacles are the hardest part of running. Next is injury! But congrats on Day 1!!!

Thank you! I'm not giving up this time. I've always wanted to be a runner and I'm finally going to make it happen, starting with C25K.
  • chantels1
    Options
    Week 8, day 1 today

Good for you! Enjoy your run!!!
  • tmullennax
    tmullennax Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    W3D1 Completed Yesterday, it felt GREAT! Thinking of going for a walk/job today too!
  • chantels1
    Options
    W3D1 Completed Yesterday, it felt GREAT! Thinking of going for a walk/job today too!

Congrats on finishing another day!!! Becareful doubling up on days as you don't want to risk injury! I felt awesome the first few weeks too, and wanted to run every day as it was so much fun. Still is really, but I learned doubling up puts more stress on your joints and muscles which are getting used to the activity. I ended up with sore knees. So now I make sure to take 1 day of rest in between!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I just failed miserably on W9D2. Oh well. I usually run at night and ran mid/late morning instead and I don't like running when the sun is out I think! I felt so hot and off.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    I do most of my runs at night as well. And I agree it does throw you off when your used to the cool night and it's bright and hot out.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I do most of my runs at night as well. And I agree it does throw you off when your used to the cool night and it's bright and hot out.

Glad I am not the only one. Haha. I think at least once a week I need to suck it up and run during the day to get used to running when the sun is out.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Week 8, day 1 today

Yaay! I'm so happy for you. I hope to post something similar within a few months. Good luck.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Glad I am not the only one. Haha. I think at least once a week I need to suck it up and run during the day to get used to running when the sun is out.

When the sun is beating down on me, all that I can think about is finding another path or just calling it quits. Morning or night runs for me.