June 2013 Fitness Challenge

Options
melkadee
melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
June 2013 Fitness Challenge

It's heating up out there. Let's warm up to a new challenge!

Here’s the challenge …

Exercise for 1000 minutes!!! :smokin:

Let’s get in gear this June and exercise for 1000 minutes. That’s just a little more than 30 minutes a day.
You choose the workout!

Feel free to set a greater personal goal. Record your minutes and exercise on the thread. Let’s support each other.

You can use tickerfactory.com or just record your daily workout as follows:

6/1 – 30 min (strength training)
6/2 – 45 min (cycling & walking)
6/3 – Rest Day
Total - 75 min. / 925 min. to go

The challenge begins June 1, 2013 and concludes June 30, 2013.

Let’s do it!!! :wink:

Replies

• Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    Hmmm, not sure if I can commit to 1,000 minutes in June. My kiddos will be on summer vaca for 3 of those weeks. I'll get back to you!
  • melkadee
    Options
    Hmmm, not sure if I can commit to 1,000 minutes in June. My kiddos will be on summer vaca for 3 of those weeks. I'll get back to you!

I’m going on vacation as well. :drinker: So, 1000 is definitely going to be a challenge for me.:noway: You are so dedicated! Set a goal for what you can do! It doesn’t have to be 1000. You rock, my friend!
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I will post. My current wkly kcal burn is 4200kcal. I include what is exercise, but also my outside chores and the wkly kind-of housecleaning is vigorous (i.e. doing laundry or dishes I do not count, even though the former requires 2 sets of stairs, from home office to basement).

I am new to this group. I had my first child at 33y and my third at 39y. This challenge is timed right for me, as I just recovered from the flu and ready to return to activity.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I'm new to this group. I have two little ones that are now 3 and 6. I had my older one at 37 (5 days after turning 37) and my younger one when I was 39 (2 months before turning 40). I am 43 now and working VERY hard to get the younger version of my body back.

My weight is in the healthy range for my height but I am short and ideally would like to be 10lb lighter than I am right now. Losing weight has been SLOW but I am keeping my focus on improving my health and fitness rather than my weight and figure the weight will eventually come off...

I'm signing up for 1200 minutes in June. My ideal workout schedule is about 400 minutes a week if I stick to it. With middle of the night wake-ups (yes, I am sorry to say, they still happen when the kids are 3 and 6) I sometimes have trouble getting back to sleep and end up sleeping through my workout time. My biggest challenge is pushing through the sleepiness on those mornings and getting up and working out despite every ounce of my body telling me to stay in bed.

I am hoping this challenge will be my motivation to defy my exhaustion and get my 400 minutes a week in and done.

Cheers and good luck to us all! :drinker:

Leigh
  • melkadee
    Options
    Let's do this!!! :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • Brie4me
    Options
    I'm sad to say that I can't join :cry: At least, not yet. I have major pain in my heel. It started about 20 minutes before I was done yesterday, and I had to stay off it as much as possible the rest of day. I was hoping it would be gone today, but it's not. So, I'm going to be laid up until this heals. :grumble:

But, I'll be cheering you all on!! :happy: Go get 'em!! :drinker:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I will post. My current wkly kcal burn is 4200kcal. I include what is exercise, but also my outside chores and the wkly kind-of housecleaning is vigorous (i.e. doing laundry or dishes I do not count, even though the former requires 2 sets of stairs, from home office to basement).

I am new to this group. I had my first child at 33y and my third at 39y. This challenge is timed right for me, as I just recovered from the flu and ready to return to activity.

Welcome to the group! I am glad you are feeling better. The flu can be brutal. You have an awesome weekly calorie burn! Let's do this!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Okay! It's June 1st....30min today. I'm going to walk today. It's a beautiful day!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

exercise.png

30min of gardening, including mowing the lawn. Whew! I might go for a walk today , too.
  • melkadee
    Options
    Hey everyone - I'm new to this group. I have two little ones that are now 3 and 6. I had my older one at 37 (5 days after turning 37) and my younger one when I was 39 (2 months before turning 40). I am 43 now and working VERY hard to get the younger version of my body back.

My weight is in the healthy range for my height but I am short and ideally would like to be 10lb lighter than I am right now. Losing weight has been SLOW but I am keeping my focus on improving my health and fitness rather than my weight and figure the weight will eventually come off...

I'm signing up for 1200 minutes in June. My ideal workout schedule is about 400 minutes a week if I stick to it. With middle of the night wake-ups (yes, I am sorry to say, they still happen when the kids are 3 and 6) I sometimes have trouble getting back to sleep and end up sleeping through my workout time. My biggest challenge is pushing through the sleepiness on those mornings and getting up and working out despite every ounce of my body telling me to stay in bed.

I am hoping this challenge will be my motivation to defy my exhaustion and get my 400 minutes a week in and done.

Cheers and good luck to us all! :drinker:

Leigh

Welcome to the group! I thought I was the only one still experiencing middle of the night wake-ups. :laugh: I too have that difficulty getting back to sleep as well. Let's do this!
  • melkadee
    Options
    I'm sad to say that I can't join :cry: At least, not yet. I have major pain in my heel. It started about 20 minutes before I was done yesterday, and I had to stay off it as much as possible the rest of day. I was hoping it would be gone today, but it's not. So, I'm going to be laid up until this heals. :grumble:

But, I'll be cheering you all on!! :happy: Go get 'em!! :drinker:

You will be missed!!! Take care of that heel. Rest, rest, rest! Perhaps you can join in later!
  • melkadee
    Options

exercise.png

30min of gardening, including mowing the lawn. Whew! I might go for a walk today , too.

Nice work, MinMin! Way to go!:smile:
  • melkadee
    Options
    85 minutes today (cycling & walking)

exercise.png
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    1 June
    20 walking dog
    45 cleaning house
    30 rebounding w hand wt 4 lb each
    120 gardening -pulling sod and planiting
    30 min walking downtown
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I might have a slow start though. Was having eye issue and could barely see, but I am on the mend and should be back in the game by next week. Cheers!

:drinker:
  • Brie4me
    Options
    Happy to report there are things that can be accomplished while nursing a boo boo heel!! :happy: With the help of some Advil and gel soles, I got out the hedge clippers and pruned our apple tree and then headed into the woods to reclaim our adventure path that has overgrown this spring. Then, I got in some exercise with hand weights later on.

blk-exercise.png
  • Brie4me
    Options
    Having editing issues! :tongue: :laugh:
  • melkadee
    Options
    1 June
    20 walking dog
    45 cleaning house
    30 rebounding w hand wt 4 lb each
    120 gardening -pulling sod and planiting
    30 min walking downtown

What a day! You rock!:smokin:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I'm in! I might have a slow start though. Was having eye issue and could barely see, but I am on the mend and should be back in the game by next week. Cheers!

:drinker:

Feel better soon!:smile:
  • melkadee
    Options
    Happy to report there are things that can be accomplished while nursing a boo boo heel!! :happy: With the help of some Advil and gel soles, I got out the hedge clippers and pruned our apple tree and then headed into the woods to reclaim our adventure path that has overgrown this spring. Then, I got in some exercise with hand weights later on.

blk-exercise.png

You are a machine!!!! :bigsmile: Way to go, Lady!!!